Holy Shit, Two Fluffies! by:Foxhoarder

holy shit two fluffies
A fluffy edit of one of the most motivational comics I’ve ever seen. In the internet era people comparing themselves to the best artists and thinking they’re not good enough is endemic, so remember that a small fandom appreciates any and all new content.

Good luck with your artistic endeavors! We’re eager to see whatever you have to offer. :blush:

81 Likes

I used to do that all the time, this is so lovely.

8 Likes

I’ll accept any and all fluffies.

10 Likes

A brush AND a knife! This guy is double dipping

8 Likes

Damn, I know that feeling. Used to photograph at events a lot when I was a bit younger and there always was this nagging thought of not being good enough especially when compared to others. And even if people liked - or even loved - what I was doing I got tortured by one little question: But why? The latter one most likely being explained by a severe case of imposter syndrome, something I assume many people and artists suffer from.

4 Likes

Yeah looking at and comparing yourself to other people etc. can have its positives and drawbacks. On one hand you get to see if you can improve things about yourself, if the competition has any interesting concepts you could consider, subconsciously strive to improve. On the other hand, it’s really hard not to look at a comparison like that emotionally.

You can still compare yourself to other people, it’s not a bad thing to do - just make sure to approach it from an objective point of view, preferably have an outsider to take the emotional part out. Like us in the comments section. That way you can reap the benefits of learning more about yourself and how you can improve but avoid potential self-loathing, overreacting that comes with looking at things through your own lens.

6 Likes

Oh man, I’m really bad at comparing myself to others and thinking “wow their stuff is so amazing and mine is garbage” lmao it’s really something I need to stop doing

8 Likes

That’s a great post. Sums up pretty well what’s actually going down in peoples minds. Kind of an antidote to pluralistic ignorance :slight_smile:

@Virgil This takes away fear of failure in a entertaining way, I think the community would benefit from it in the long run if it would be added to the sticky threads or something similar.

5 Likes

i really love this image a lot, reminds me of the headcanon that each artists style is a different species of fluffy. having diversity is a wonderful thing and its nice to see so many peoples interpretations of something they are interested in.

4 Likes

This is a great motivational message, and the only way I could think to improve on it is to replace the brush with a dinner fork. Thank you, OP!

3 Likes

mowe content fo’ consumew?
bestes’ heawt happies.

3 Likes

Tämä on kiva

1 Like

It’s amazing how the most grotesque community is the most friendly for artist than average fandoms, this is why I like it so much
For venting and for showing my new artworks

1 Like