How a good fluffy smells like??

Hello!! shit has a question to the community about your headcanons :3
as the title say I want to ask you all, how a good fluffy smells like??
to be on the same page lets say what im refering to a “good fluffy”:

• A domestic fluffy - the fluffy has little to no care about the exterior and wont interact with ferals.
  • Hygiene of the owners towards the fluffy - the owners bathes the fluffy on regular basis.
  • The fluffy has hygine by itself - the fluffy knows how to maintain its fur clean between bathes.
  • Good diet - the owners and the fluffy cares about the good eating so the diet will mantain the fluffy healty.

In my opinion, good fluffies by themselves would have little to no smell for the human nose and can even smell kinda sweet but i want to read your opinions :3

8 Likes

Since they seem to be able to lick themselves clean for the most part, I’d place them on the same boat as cats, though they probably lack the flexibility to reach every spot effectively. I’d say that a fluffy left to their own devices would probably have no strong smell, though upon closer inspection any unreachable spot might. If provided with, say, weekly baths and brushing, they’d probably be pretty clean and have a sweet-ish smell from the babylike care products fluffies require.

If there was two of them, then the “unreachable places” would be taken care of by the companion, ensuring minimal to no smell.

4 Likes

Authentic Horse Scent Formula 8

4 Likes

I sort of always imagined that grooming each other is a fluffy pony social activity, so long as the pony is in good standing with the others in a herd or in a home, and that cleaning is probably compulsory for them (keeps the parents of the kids who would be hypothetically buying them happy that they don’t stink). At the very least, it’s probably something special friends do for one another and their kids.

5 Likes

a good fluffy
Ideally not burnt although some prefer a hint of charred skin, especially when grilling. But fluffies burn easily. You want it to smell of cooked meat with a tinge of iron in it, along with whatever you might add e.g. garlic, cumin, rosemary etc.

2 Likes

BONK To horny hungry baby jail with you!

1 Like

For me, domestics smell like a lot of baby-targeted products. Baby lotion. Baby powder. Meshed in along with whatever shampoo scents their owners end up washing into their fur. Fluffies probably prefer to ‘smell pretty’ and the bath products aimed towards them smell like a variety of pleasant smelling things.

For foals. Shower gels, shampoos and bath washes smell a lot like cookies, sweet milk or baby butter.
Mare washing agents tend to smell like flowers or citrus fruit. Perfumes are perfect for the mares who like to dress up and feel extra special and pretty. Coconut oil, shea butter or honey is also a popular choice among my mares.
Stallions like to smell nice for their mates, but not with anything that’s ‘for sissies’ like with foals and mares. They tend to prefer standard fluffy shampoo, which is just like regular dog or cat shampoo. Odorless but clean smelling. Minty, springy scents are what mine go after. Think Old Spice or something.

6 Likes

I always imagined it as a slight barnyard scent.

3 Likes

It might just be me but car fur smells so good, I imagine fluffy fur may as well have that smell. Groomed domestic fluffies even more while ferals will have any odor masked by the overwhelming smell of rotten shit thats stuck to their fur

4 Likes

@A-S and @lemonlimeskull I’ve always think that domestic fluffies needs always a fluffy companion so they can maintain the mental health interacting in ways that humans cannot do, like you say the “clean lickies” its part of their social interaction (altough i dont know how many fluffies want to lick clean another adult fluffy in only friends relationship).
Baby products are a really good one smell, clean for a child product so they can play and enjoy them even if the fluffy its trained enough, can sleep with them without any bad odor.

2 Likes

how dare you!! now im hungry!!

1 Like

Ive love your view coz all fluffies want to smell pretty but in almost every headcanon there is no two same fluffies (in a mental way) so they would prefer some scents over others and you have all the rigth in that :3
Domestic stallions and mares would like to smell pretty for their special friend besides the positive support to their mind something like “i smell really good, i must be an extra good fluffy” but maintaining a clear gender difference.

2 Likes

thats a good point!! in your headcanon, how odor absorbent are fluffy fur??

2 Likes

Petra fluffy smell like artificial chemicals plus design for hygiene thanks to the fluffy tongue contain 40% alcohol content for good licking cleaning.

But ideally fluffy’s require a daily bath because of faecal matter in the fluff.

In the Vetriverse, mostly like a mix of dog and rabbit.

If a domestic fluffy is regularly cleaned they’ll have whatever fruit scent or fragrance-free shampoo they’ve bought at fluff-mart or store. Of course since fluffies crap alot they’ll have a distinct smell the moment you walk into a fluffy owners home not bad or foul but it’d be obvious they own a fluffy. But then again some people are content to have a smell pet and would probably just spray them with Febreze or some other air freshener to mask the smell.

Ferals however would absolutely stink you’d certainly smell them coming like a wet dog or full dumpster on a hot summer day. They’d be able to lick themselves but they’d certainly stink no doubt about it.