How long does a foal grow into an adult?

Yea something like that (rabbit like)

Fluffies being able to survive ferally doesn’t make sense if its over 6 months to sexual maturity

1 Like

Three months to be able to breed and they are at about 75% of their full size, six months to be fully grown. Breeding before six months can lead to physical(foals getting stuck) and mental issues(bitch mare syndrome) with the mare.

1 Like

4 months for size.

6 months for full maturity.

Do NOT breed until the 6 months have passed or Bitch Mare Syndrome will occur.

3 Likes

Well in my fluffiverse fluffies have a larger range in size, some never get bigger then a small cat while others can grow to the size of a large dog. Average size being around a foot tall at the shoulder and less then 20lbs. I haven’t gotten into different breeds so I mostly blame it on unspecific environmental factors. As such smaller fluffies develop faster while larger fluffies take more time.
A small fluffy, like most ferals, will be breedable at two months and adult sized at six months while a large fluffy will hit sexual maturity at six months and adult size at a year with continuing development for up to two years. Kind of like a big dog.

2 Likes
A fucken peer reviewed papers worth of guessing irl biology and trying to apply it to fluffies

Not here to give exact figures just some assumptions from my scarce real world biological knowledge because I do be that guy.

Animals reach maturity proportionally to their size, elephants and whales can take up to a decade whereas a hamster will grow up in less than a month.

Now a few things to consider

1. Fluffies are notoriously bad at digesting food, meaning they need to eat more meals for the same growth
  2. Fluffies have (possibly) a similar brain to humans, which (I assume) is responsible for our impressively long maturation age for our size.
  3. Hasbio definitely did some fuckery with the maturation process and perhaps in a bid to make more fluffies faster and to drive up the cost of feeding a fluffy family drastically.

TL:DR sexual maturity is reached in 3-5 months. 3 Months lines up perfectly with quarterly reports so I’d say about that much.

Just as a rule of thumb if you’re going for something realistic: animals usually grow at a rate so small that day to day or even week to week changes are practically imperceptible.

More made up soicence

Let’s be generous and say our foal is about 5cm tall and 7cm wide. Now suppose an adult is 4 times as tall but keeps the same ratio. 20cm and 28cm. Let’s be generous and say fluffies grow by half a centimetre a day, it would still take 30 days to reach that size, and half a centimetre is still decently big

1 Like

Vetriverse fluffies have eyes open by day 8, are mobile around week 3 and start vocalizing and consuming solid food between weeks 3-5. The period between day 35 and day 90 is called the “yearling phase” (it’s a known misnomer) where the fluffy is basically in a small but adult body but hasn’t fully socially developed, and will be fully grown and socially independent by day 90.

Timing wise, a mare can turn out about 6 litters/1 year or 1 litter/2 months, but that’s more than pushing it, and fluffies born during any point of a season will be adults roughly the same time in the next season which makes continuity a little easier.

The big limit on fluffy reproduction is calorie supply. All that rapid gain in biomass has to be coming from somewhere. On the other hand, if they have access to a lot of food they can turn out a lot of fluffies very, very quickly.*

*Foreshadowing.

1 Like

Depends on the breed.

Generally the shittier/less “alive” the Fluffy, the faster.

Default is descendants of Hasbio Gen 1s with a myriad of original and later breeds mixed in, showing diverse traits. Fragile but not glass, dumb but not too dumb to live outdoors for a few years on average, cheap but not completely worthless if a month of modest care is put in, in desaturated colors and not just in only natural animal ones, programmed but able to disregard most of their objectives and instructions with some extra consideration, about two and a half feet long and a foot tall.

Of that default I say completely independent in a month, breeding age at two months. Max life span 30-35 years.

The worst standard Fluffies can breed at two weeks but nurse for two months which can lead to nursing Fillies miscarrying while nursing at the teat, or even nursing her own Foals while nursing herself, all partly explaining why they are the worst since in domestic environments incest is common. High ratio of Hellgremlins and idiocy of mothers isn’t a fluke, in Herds it breaks apart families so litters become mixed as Mares steal from each other or forget which are their own, all leading to Darwinism as only the most ruthless survive by avoiding the constant ire of adults. This leads to horrible little bastards who are difficult to exterminate. They’re absolutely not able to be pets anymore, though their two foot long size is considered cuter leading them to be more frequently adopted, and thus bred. This is the standard Abuse story victim.

The best are sexually mature in a year, independent in six months, adults average 3.5 ft long. They’re closer to what Fluffies are supposed to have been, but with weak programming directives and strong programming knowledge bases which provides more knowledge and less crippling psychological weaknesses. Act like small badgers, as durable as most animals their size, have the most dietary options as their teeth can actually chew harder foodstuffs and are not above eating feces if need be though they prefer that of other species. Far less cute due to bodily proportions and more expensive to raise, far lower demand as pets though the fan dedication is real. Generally not considered a pest as Ferals are are easy to dissuade or bargain with due to their intelligence.

Headcanon

This is just from one Hasbio R&D bio-tech team that was working on the “earthy” breed one of their test subjects “Plum” A Fluffies lifespan. The team found that around a year they’d have a fully grown stallion fluffy. Though Mares would generally mature faster no more than 6 months in. Other teams working on other breeds had varying results some of their subjects reached adulthood in 6 months others in 1.5 years.

I don’t have a strict head-canon in this. I have used @KerosineCannibal 's growth chart as a guideline before. It was actually integral to one story I wrote!

Lol it depends on what I need for a story honestly

2 Likes

About a month due to genetic fuckery done by Hasbio. The idea being that they would save costs on making fluffies by making them able to breed and give birth, thus having a steady supply without needing to spend the resources setting up a shit ton of cloning vats. Foals were never meant to be sold publically, just the adult versions (and those were suppose to be made sterile before going to market) so a rapid growth rate was a necessity. Quick growth rate in addition to their rapid breeding is what makes them such an environmental disaster after they were released into the wild.

1 Like

Standard fluffy:

Sexual maturity is between 5-7 mounths. They can start being breed at this age and a lot of breeding mills do start breed them at this age. But isn’t the recommended age for health and behavioral reasons. Even when the mares aren’t pumping out foals and have breaks between litters, their life span is shorter and they have a high chance of rejecting their foals because they weren’t mentally mature enough.

They are fully grown at a year. Private breeders start at this age.

Micro fluffies:

Sexual maturity about 3 months and fully grown in 9.

1 Like

Honestly it just depends what you prefer. I personally go with a longer development cycle from foal to adult, but in my case it adds urgency to stories (when a foal is still young and dependent; a lot more can go wrong and tension can increase the lo ger they are vulnerable). Couple this with a short gestation, high fertility, and variable litter size; it opens up several scenarios for writing and drawing.

But there is no official Canon outside of the primary stages of growth (chirpy, talkie, weanling, adolescent, adult) so there is no obligation to stick with one or the other.

1 Like

Fluffies spend 80% of there lives as foals

In my headcanon, not all foals grow to adulthood at the same rate. It depends on a number of factors. Nutrition, environment, stress, and some fluffies just being late/early bloomers.

2 Likes

Well yeah, when you generally die young due to stupidity, torture, accident. Etc.

2 Likes

It’s like how the average life expectancy used to be 40 not because everyone died at 40 but because a shitload of dead kids drives the average way down.

3 Likes

I like to think that fluffies are fast living creatures, like hamsters or guinea pigs. So pregnancy lasts for about 22-25 days, foals open their eyes at about a week old and start talking soon afterward. They start weaning at 3 weeks old and can be separated from their mother but it can cause emotional distress and psychological problems. They are ready to separate at 6 weeks and are considered juveniles, and are usually their full size, and then at 3 months old the fluffy is officially an adult and can be bred. Because they grow fast fluffies only live for about 5 or 6 years, and that is without taking health factors into consideration.

7 hundred thousand million days