How political is art?

this, THIS, is the right answer to the question. You may want to create something simple, but it’s up to the viewer. The same goes the other direction when you make something complex but people don’t understand.
Some people will see anything as political, and that is ok. Some people like me are dumb and won’t see the undertone, and that is ok. All art is subjective to the creator AND the viewer. As long as people are civil, all interpretations are correct

6 Likes

Are they horses? I’m gonna be real with you guys, I’ve literally never given a shit about any of the horse elements of any of this. Frankly they feel more like mutated pigrats to me.

And while I’m at it, the word shitrat is awkward and I hate it. In this essay, I will prove…

5 Likes

Well yeah man. You can try to do that. Good luck. I wonder how it will influence your art?

You and I can chill lol

2 Likes

That’s quite impressive, and frankly the fact he took off almost has me believing he could survive landing.

1 Like

I just hate the way it sounds, phonetically.

1 Like

Look at those 2.

Both of them are political
But they are political differently
The first one is political by an orthodox definition aka the definition you just gave me. The second one is political in a sense that it tries to convey an idea. In this case, the idea (the essence of time) have nothing to do with power, force or governments. It doesn’t affect government politics. It affects YOUR OWN politics, your own set of rules and how you look at things. If you look at art as something that challenges your personal set of behavioral patterns, than you are right, all art is political. Any children’s show that tries to tell kids to respect their family and brush their teeth before going to bed will be in essence political. If you look at art only from a perspective of socially acceptable vilance, than you are wrong

2 Likes

I like to headcanon mine as more pig/cow like lol
They’re just little dumb fat dudes

1 Like

Hey man, I was pretty up front about not having an exhaustive definition. Not interested in track testing a car with no wheels.

1 Like

I guess I’d say that if you start defining metaphysical concepts as things that can “only” be specific pigeonholed things, you’re not going to get anything terribly useful done before you trip on your own rules.

2 Likes

Too late, you are already driving

Don’t reckon I am, no.

They’re Pokèmon of the Normal subtype “Terrible Animal”

2 Likes

Than what are we all doing right now?

Art was always instrumentalised for Political reasons, I mean look at the third Reich, or Comunist Russia under Lennin and Stalin.

In the year of our lord 2021 going on 2022 it doesn’t really matter what the intent of the artist is any more. We live in an age where the mere presence of black, brown, gay ect people displayed in a piece are considered “political” to some, author’s intent is becoming less of a thing for some people. We also have to deal with many of the unconscious biases coming out in the art, as much as someone pretends their worldview may slip out into their work especially if they don’t do any good introspection. Fluffies are HEAVALY on this line, as much as some people want to pretend they aren’t. How many of you have read a story and something just doesn’t sit right with how things are portrayed or hits a little to close to certain stereotypes about certain people and that’s just Abuse. With Hugbox, most if not all I’ve seen seems to only portray people at certain socioeconomic levels, always with houses, always with enough money and room to be able to keep a fluffy and supply it with a saferoom and plenty of toys. Hell the mere concept of a saferoom shows who can actually effectively own one (and lets not get into owning a semi-sapient animal) as you need to be able to sacrifice a large walk in closet at the least, not to mention the modifications that renters would be locked out of . Not ALL art is political but once you get to a certain level of complexity it may be political whether you want it to or not

10 Likes

I’m having a pleasant conversation about metaphysics. You seem to be angling for something a good deal more concrete, and if that’s the dance you’re dancing then I’m afraid my card is full.

Or every artwork that was comishend by the church or any Monarch. They all had the Political meaning of look how powerful and rich I am and how generous I can be if the art was something that the common people were allowed to see or if it was a monument in a city.

1 Like

Political art isn’t exclusively the realm of state propaganda.

1 Like

Oh nvm u sed it

1 Like