How political is art?

An orthodox definition of politics is pretty concrete. You are arguing with 6 people using a different set of rules

Yeah I always gett the feeling that early Fluffy stories were on some kinda level Incel or feminazi ideology infused

2 Likes

Watching all of this unfold, this is really what the argument boils down to.

Do you favor authorial intent, where the art/story is what the creator intended
or do you favor Death of the author, where it is the interpretation that matters more.

4 Likes

Donā€™t recall making any arguments aside from ā€œyou donā€™t get to decide how other people engage with art they consumeā€ with regards to how others ought to conduct themselves. Near as I can tell, thatā€™s not even a rule set, itā€™s just a rule.

2 Likes

Absolute statements are always an invitation for a challenge of disproving them

2 Likes

Well, as I always say.

DEPENDS ON HEADCANON

Some art styles depict them as more horselike than others. I sometimes feel like Waggytail really wanted to lean into a depiction of fluffies as being based on horses

https://fluffy-community.com/uploads/default/original/3X/f/b/fbb8d2858be2f69313370ee44e339bbcef761139.png

5 Likes

You are typing so loud this early in the morningā€¦. Also letā€™s go guys get the comments to 69 yehaw

4 Likes

Pfffffff 69 sorry Iā€™m childish

3 Likes

This proves that some art is more political than you think, not that all art is political tho

2 Likes

Its actually late evening for me atm lol

2 Likes

Lmao

2 Likes

To trail off the question itself, Iā€™m glad you created this thread as itā€™s very interesting to see other peopleā€™s views - I changed mine! - and talk freely without cluttering art with offtopic comments

2 Likes

Oof itā€™s 6am for me, this is like the morning paper smh. These long texts are hurting my brain
At least this discussion wasnā€™t too aggressive/fighty like last one lol
Peace n lov on planet earf :heart:

2 Likes

Good night

2 Likes

*Morning

2 Likes

Both are correct, I am going to sleep now that the drama is over. Lov u guys have a nice day!

2 Likes

I got to post 45 before I decided I wanted to go burn down a pharmacy so mission accomplished

1 Like

Yeah but I hate that there is nowadays this trend of canceling even art that is hundreds of years old with the artists and Monarchs that commissioned it being dust. Only because they were ones bad man but at the same time political outcry when some idiotic fundamentals youse ruins as a shooting range.
Both the ruins and the newer art were given to commission by tyrants of there time but one musst be canceled the other musst be preserved? Both is human history and the good the bad and the ugly must be ceept in our memory so that mistakes arenā€™t made again or not as frequently as without the reminder

Which one and can you pick up anything fun

Steven univers

3 Likes