How to post stories? (Tenji95)

Hello. My name is Tenji95, and I just wanted to ask: what’s the best way to format long form content? If I copy past, it won’t show up as total word vomit, will it? Or is it better to link to a Google Docthat people can read through at their own leisure? Or maybe both? Please reply!

I have been working on some long form Fluffy society stories over the course of several months since joining the Reddit, but I think posting long form content there might be a hassle for me. So I might post my stories here and then link them on the Reddit.

Thank you, and please leave advice!

-Tenji95

2 Likes

post text on the site. its that easy. maybe break it into chapters if you want, but mostly just post on the site.

2 Likes

Make sure there is adequate spacing between paragraphs.
Check formatting after pasting it.
Look at the post preview to the right of your draft.

Chapters are a good idea.
Look up the BBCode guide so you can link previous and subsequent chapters easily.

Shorter chapters are better as everyone has tiktok brain rot so making your story into more digestible chunks may entice them into reading smaller chapters.

IDK how your art skills are but I notice posts with cover art get more views.

3 Likes

Ultimately you should write for yourself, not an audience. Don’t worry if your posts don’t get attention starting out.

2 Likes

You can use a row of dashes (----) to separate segments of a story.

Like that, see? It makes it easier to do a scene change, or if you’re writing a story with multiple POVs.

2 Likes

Don’t go crazy on formatting. Just punctuate and copy paste and you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Thank you. Do you have a good link to BBC formatting? My html formatting is rusty.
They’ll be long; I have already written out almost 2 chapters. But I do only plan on posting every few months.
Thank you for your kindness!

There’s a very good guide to BBcode in the FAQ section, as ezpete said.

I’ll just go ahead and link it for you.

There’s also a list of BBCode colors too. I, uh, made a contribution to that myself.

Personally, I use a shitton of BBcode. It’s very useful for painting the fourth wall, and I’ve seen a number of other writers color-code their fluffy characters’ dialogue with it.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s awesome! I’ll see if I can get a private draft cross-posted from my Google Drive and go on from there!

1 Like

You may also be able to make use of this.

Heres an example of what you can do with it.

And you can also use font generators like this.

𝓗𝓮𝓻𝓮’𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝔁𝓪𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓮.

Things like these can really give your stories a little extra pizzazz, if you feel like plain text isn’t interesting enough.

1 Like