Hugbox

You’re absolutely right @Foxhoarder, without Hugbox tying it all together. Everything just falls apart and people get bored and leave.

A good example of “darkness-induced audience apathy” of a fandom, would be r/imsorryjon (A Garfield horror based sub).

It’s premise is Garfield either being a monster or turning into monster, that terrorizes/eats/mentally breaks Jon & Odie. It becomes quite repetitive after awhile, so artists and writers have to go really big with the shock/gore/depression/horror to even get noticed and stand out or the artists & writers have to wait till the weekend (as per the sub’s rule when outside Garfield content is allowed) to explore other shows, show off their oc, etc.There’s really not much else to balance out that sub.

3 Likes

Boring, but acceptable as long as you don’t demand justice abuse from abuse box or sadbox

2 Likes

they don’t deserve a box in this case

2 Likes

Fluffy has to beatbox to death

2 Likes

This. Very this.

2 Likes

@truthtellergilead
I know you deleted your post, but I just want to point out one thing. I can’t think of fluffy OCs as being indistinguishable from MLP OCs because a lot about fluffy ponies, in design and the ideas developed in the canon, have diverged from base MLP. Heck, I had written an entire essay about this.

GingerFig was obsessed with hating Fluffy Ponies to the point I think he was insane, and was one of the reasons I hate abuse, because if you replaced “fluffy” with an actual ethnic group in one of his rants, he would sound like a certain Austrian. That’s why I didn’t join the booru because I thought the booru was full of edgelords that would make a bunch of therapists rich due to all the fucked up images that they were created. I mean, this place still has it’s edgelords unfortunately, but I just wish that the abuser would have Karma happening to them, which hardly does

2 Likes

A fluffy is just a fluffy it is not a stand in for any thing, the whole a fluffy is a metaphor is a new trend

1 Like

I know that, but people mostly frown on the Fluffy Pony subfandom of My Little Pony because of the abuse images, and after all, everyone has the Fluffy Pony act and talk like children and there is always going to be a parental instinct in people who would get angry at seeing a cute animal with the intelligence of a child being brutally tortured/murdered that would make the abuser drawing the abuse be seen as the next Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer

2 Likes

fluffies the new rock and roll and video games, fluffies have not been a my little pony subfandom for along time

1 Like

Well, they were created by Bronies

1 Like

it was almost 10 years ago. the only traces of mlp left are higher prices on show accurate fluffies and the name “hasbio”. that is not enough to consider fluffies as mlp subfandom

1 Like

most of those bronies have long since left

1 Like

I thought there were still some left

1 Like

Oh, well I first came across Fluffy images on Derpibooru

1 Like

that is why i said most

1 Like

Oh. I admit that was a silly thing of me to say

1 Like

they probably post them there only by association that it was a pony thing at sone point in time. i am not sure if they still do it tho

1 Like

I still came across them.

1 Like

yeah, probably by association :hmm:
I mean why post them if the only relation to the show is two pieces of optional headcanon?

1 Like