I have three questions (By:WhatAmIDoing)

Okay I’ve been here for a bit but have some questions I didn’t know where to ask.

1. If there a story and picture posted than do I put it in images or text?
  2. What are all the rules on people coming up with something and then you use it. (Ex. Fashion fluff’s, Specific fluffy shows, fluffy surprise, etc.)
  3. Do people prefer stories or images
2 Likes

If its mostly writing with a few images as illustrations, text.

If its like a dozen pictures with a few paragraphs of text, images.

Use personal judgement and mods will let you know if its on the wrong side of the line.

1. Idk.

2. Just looking at post metrics. People prefer images. If you are a good writer, don’t let that discourage you and don’t post to chase trends or farm attention. Just make what you want to make and try to make it the best you can.

6 Likes

thanks

1. If the image is in addition to the story, it’s a text post. If it’s a description of an image, it’s an image post.
  2. Properly credited you can use whatever you want. If you can’t find the credit it’s fine, but do your best.
  3. I haven’t seen a clear preference for either, maybe slightly more for images.
2 Likes

thank you

For #2 I think most people will be flattered if you use their concept as long as you credit them. Who knows, by making more posts about the concept you might start a new trend going!

#3, I’d say images make a higher impact just because they’re quickly readable and shareable. Text posts are where the real meat is for fluffy connoisseurs, but reading takes time so if you’re doing longform you’ll get a smaller but more dedicated following- I’ll always read Ace and BFMs’ stuff for example.

i can answer 3.

Myself, i tend to like images.

Infraredturbine has\had a serie called ‘Write a smoll story’, come up with a story based on a image. Did that during my highschool era once or twice, liked it.

Scrolling through libraries of text is a bit of a choir, though i’ve read the Harry Potter series, le misarables and some others with joy.
The reason why the movies are a bit more popular than books is the pace i presume.
Images are a bit faster than text.