I tried drawing fluffies on paper, and HOLY MACARONI CHOCOMARINO IT IS SO MUCH EASIER than with my phone!(by:eded_ted)

See the difference?

Btw the left one i just drawed quickly

23 Likes

Wait, all this time you were drawing on a phone? Damn

7 Likes

I dont believe it eaven my self that im so good at it

6 Likes

Like, ho do i eaven do it???

3 Likes

you tell me
i actually love both simple phone style, and detailed paper style. i don’t know what else to tell here. maybe simple style for comedy and detailed for sadbox, or something like that?

5 Likes

Well thaddeus_135 is gonna do pixel art!

3 Likes

it’s waaaaaay easier on paper for me as well xD
I’d recomend you grabing one of those wacom drawing tablets man
and don’t worry
Mine is the cheapest/shitiest they have, and you still can do much good things on it :slight_smile:
btw about the drawing:
You gib a smilo, you get the slappo

6 Likes

Motherfucker, looks like the 4K UHD Remaster – although I’ve always thought your art has personality

3 Likes

Thankyou all!

2 Likes

That’s a huge difference! Yes, it’s so much easier on paper. I don’t know why most people on here do digital.

Although I heard a lot of people sketch it on paper, and finish it digitally. So maybe that’s the best of both worlds.

2 Likes

I think it’s a matter of what you’re used to. Digital is nice and convenient once you’re used to the tools. The ability to undo is a major selling point for me. For others it might be they can take a phone or tablet almost anywhere and have everything with them.

Heck, I’ve got a friend who is an artist and I think he’s mostly digital. Maybe a year younger than I am (I’m mid 40s). He does amazing stuff and finally got an iMac after years of working MacBook Pros to death (literally). I think even 10 years ago his PSD files were average 1g each on drive, nevermind in memory

Anyhow: regarding paper to digital…
I’ve been drawing the outline on paper, taking a photo, then inking and coloring it from there in Affinity Designer (vector program, not quite like Adobe Illustrator) for Windows and using an old Wacom Bamboo Fun graphics tablet.

I’d use Affinity Photo (photoshop alternative) except I don’t know what size and resolution I want to work at, which is a serious problem for a raster program. And my laptop only had 8g of RAM. Using a full size photo is too RAM hungry for me to do that.

For me this works well. The paper focuses me a bit better since I CAN’T undo easily, but paper is cheap so ultimately I can restart easily enough. Inking and coloring digitally is where I need the ability to undo, redo, and all the other benefits because I generally mess up must often at that stage.

I’d recommend trying it for a little while :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thats a lot of words and im too lazy to read em all

1 Like

LOL! It’s the weekend, no problem.

I will say your digital style had a lovely charm to it. What kind of phone? Agree you using a dinner or stylus?

I use a phone for my animations and drawings, i don’t really have the tools for high quality traditional art, and i like the low cost, clean look, digital art can give you.

1 Like

And you still made the TITLE???

HOW GOOD ARE YOU???

1 Like

It’s not even his final form.

I’ve only tried on my mobile phone before and it’s pretty difficult. But I might try again in the future. Or if I ever get a tablet.

1 Like

I use my phone, because then i can draw whenever and wereever i want!

2 Likes

I draw on paper and then take a picture of them and put them in a art drawing app, I use ibisPaint. I then trace em and shiny them up.

2 Likes

WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!!
i have ibispaint x installed! (I have 3 drawing apps on my phone, tho i use only one of em)

2 Likes