IcepickVasectomy's 3d fluffy, printed by CobaltThoriumWhoopse

@IcepickVasectomy was kind enough to provide me with the STL so I could print a pony.

Bottom is a bit rough, may try and split it in half and print it as two pieces. Now I just need to paint it and abuse it.

31 Likes

You could bifurcate the model and glue some magnets to hold it together. That way you can display it together or post “playtime”

5 Likes

Acetone steaming might smooth out the bottom. As for the abuse there’s always using a dremel to give it a butthole the right diameter for a firecracker. It’d be the traditional thing to do.

2 Likes

Are it’s eyes already X’ed out? Well planned.

2 Likes

Good good.
Now paint it :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Would these be uploaded to Shapeways at any point?

2 Likes

it’s PLA, so acetone won’t work. You might have something going on the firecracker idea though . . .

1 Like

Hot damn you work quick. Looks good dude!

2 Likes

He’s uploaded it here:

4 Likes

Ahh dang. I took a guess.

Actually, is there an equivalent method with PLA? Or are you stuck with sandpaper and the patience of a saint?

1 Like

But can I fit this in a jar…? :eyes:

3 Likes

I took some fine sandpaper and used that to tidy up the bottom of one of my prints. Anything that gets left should be hidden by the paint.

1 Like
  1. Print SLA. Multi-part if larger size is desired.
  2. Cast a silicon mold on the resin master.
  3. Fill silicon mold with wax, add a wick.

Boom. Fluffy candle.
Microfluff, unless you make it in like 4-10 parts.

2 Likes

Damn it worked!

2 Likes

Damn that’s nice!

I have some epoxy that’s supposed to help. Since it’s more than “slice, click print, wait a few hours” it may be a bit, but I can say I have Plans.