Into the Abyss - 4 (by Tia)

No worries any advice is welcome

I think my Wacom is even older, its a Serif CTF-420.
And its stylus is sticky because the rubber is decomposing.

I want to try and learn to digitally color with out breaking the bank.

1 Like

Might I suggest buying refurbished wacoms? The one that I bought on ebay a decade ago was $1,000.00 but now it goes for $200.00.

Iā€™m looking to finance paying for a new one but Iā€™m internally weeping at the cost

1 Like

Well, eventually.
I means whats the point in laying down 200 or more for a tablet if I canā€™t use it well ?
I wanna get to grips with Manga Studio 4 first before thinking about upgrading my tablet.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very smart decision. Sounds like you got your head on right about this approach.

Iā€™m still learning Toonboom before I apply to this studio I like. Not gonna bother buying the software, just monthly pay until I can get something from it.

2 Likes

I heard that manga studio ( and later clip art or whatever its called these days ) is a standard.
And I guess there is some truth to that.
Because i can stil find tutorials on my 11 year old version, so thatā€™s at least encouraging.

Getting it and my tablet to work together under Windows 7 was the biggest issue.
Drivers not working old drivers, too new.
Conflicting drivers that made MS4 crash.
Its been ā€œfunā€

My tablet is so old itā€™s Driver disc has drivers for 98\Se\ME and XP.
But it works, it has working pressure sensitivity and thatā€™s what matter in the end.

Iā€™m gonna grab some of my art ( Rambo i choose you ) follow a tutorial and see what I can come up with.

1 Like

Rock on!

I love clip studio because itā€™s free and has a good resource base

2 Likes

Holy hell man you really knock it out of the park with the coloring and shading, amazing work!

4 Likes

Gorgeous art, itā€™s truly wonderful

3 Likes

What even happened to them?! Chest buster from Alien or something?!

3 Likes

Damn, great art.

2 Likes

So detailed and well done. :heart:

My heart :broken_heart: lol

2 Likes

Damn fine art!

1 Like

1,000ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ how could one man possibly have that much money at once
Does yours have a screen to draw on? I feel like that would make art sooo much easier, but damage (at least for me) would be much higher and I feel like Iā€™d spill my caprisuns on it :frowning:

Nope, thatā€™s done via rearranging the layers. Make a new layer for your colour, and put it under the layer with your lines. Voila, the lines always show over the colour!

2 Likes

He doesnā€™t know how, but I think the best solution is to make 3 layers to begin with, and lineart on the middle, color on the bottom, and highlights/shading on the top

1 Like

I use Procreate on an ipad, it IS so much easier with a screen.

1 Like

Nightshade: So you dislike purple, eh? Well, thanks heavens Iā€™m lavender (or mauve, take your pick).:wink:

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be so confident! There is a light purple brother next to the bright purple!
the hint here is to not be berry colored

2 Likes

Nightshade (indignant): PARdon me? I have every right to be self-confident! Just becauseā€¦

Bluebell (sighing): Pick your battles, mom. Pick your battles.

2 Likes

Well I messed around for a bit with an old piece of Rambo art.
And I posted the result.