Into the Rockies - Chapter 9 - By BloodyBoots 🩸

Into the Rockies

Chapter 9

Deputy Fuzz returned to the police station with his report, letting the sheriff know what he found.

“Two fwuffies, mawe and stawwion, and some bebbehs, escaped fwom mean man’s yawd and went up into mountains.” The fluffy explained.

“Damn.” Sheriff Brisco sighed. “Martinez was right. Although we still aren’t sure how far they made it. It’s quite a ways up to the plateau.”

“Fwuffies pwobaby wan fast and faw…” Fuzz added. “They were wunning fow dew wives.”

“True.” The sheriff agreed, scratching his chin. “Bah. No way they made it to the plateau! I’ve got more important work to do than chasing hypotheticals!” He then slumped behind his desk and pulled over the nearest file. He began reading it in hopes it would distract him.

“So, no hewp for Cawos?” Fuzz inquired in a disappointed tone.

“I’m busy.” The sheriff grumbled. “Go get some ice cream or something, Boy Scout.”

“You don’t have to tew me twice.” Fuzz replied, heading out the door.

The McClay family made their way into the Rocky Mountain wilderness behind Joe’s trailer park just as the sun began to set. They figured that attacking while it was dark would give them an advantage over their opponents. Unfortunately it also meant everyone except Joe, who had night vision goggles, was at the mercy of the night.

“Quit your bitchin’ and follow me.” Joe hissed in response to his family’s whining. “Your eyes will adjust and soon you will see better.”

“Not as good as you!” Mary spat back. “Let me where the goggles, I’m a better shot than you.”

“I doubt that, shakey.” Joe said with a slight laugh. “Those meth hands of yours ain’t as reliable as you think they are. Now button that lip and stay quiet.”

Bessie stayed close to Joe and whined nervously. He stuck her with his knuckle and growled, “That goes for you too mutt!” She remained silent after that.

Soon the five of them were deep up the mountain wilderness and nearing the plateau. They gathered together at Joe’s command to discuss their plan.

“Alright listen up, I don’t want to repeat myself.” Joe said bluntly. “Mary, Sam; you two go east and cover the right flank. Bessie and I will head straight north up the middle because we’ve done it once already. Cain, you head west and flank the left. Don’t take too long! When y’all hear shots you come in and start shootin! Try not to kill each other and aim for the bumkin, got it?”

Everyone agreed and began their slow crawl onto Jacob’s homestead.

Meanwhile, Jacob and Carlos sat on top of the cabin hiding behind a few logs they had lifted up on the roof for cover. The stallion was down below keeping watch when suddenly he ran up to the cabin.

“Fwuffy smell people! Dew coming!” He warned.

“Good job!” Jacob replied. “Now go and hide!”

The stallion bolted towards the shed and hid to protect his family.

“This is it.” Martinez said quietly as he took aim with his rifle. “You ready?”

Jacob took aim as well. “This is my land.”

Then a silence fell upon the homestead. It reached out into the surrounding woods as far as the men’s ears could reach. Crickets. An owl. A breeze… but otherwise a dreadful silence that seemed to last a lifetime.

As their eyes adjusted the tension increased. Every leaf in the wind was a would-be enemy on the move. Then finally…

POW!

A shot rang out and zinged into the cabin window where a candle decoy had been placed.

“I can’t believe it!” Carlos whispered excitedly. “They fell for it!”

“It came from the center, they’re coming up the middle.” Jacob replied quietly as he took aim and fired back at the shooter ahead.

Suddenly there was a cry from the right. Cain had stepped into a well hidden bear trap.

“Dammit!” The pudgy man bellowed. “You cock suckers will pay for that!”

It took all of his might, but he was able to open the trap before it damaged his leg any further. Luckily it hadn’t broke the bone, but he was still bleeding badly and in immense pain.

“Oh you’ll pay alright.” Cain growled as he aimed for the cabin and fired off a few rounds with his .44 magnum. The giant gun was a poor choice for this fight and was hard to control. Plus it was still too far to get a clear shot. His bullets whizzed by the roof, widely missing. He staggered backwards from the kick of his giant gun.

“I gotta get closer.” He grumbled to himself as he gingerly limped forward.

“See that?” Carlos said, changing his position. “Two big fireballs from the right. Some idiot is trying to hit us with a hand cannon from 100 yards in the dark. What a dipshit!”

“I’ll keep the center, you aim right.” Jacob grunted.

“10-4” Carlos replied with a grin. He wiped the sweat from his forehead and fired a shot towards where he had seen the gun flashes.

Meanwhile, Sam and Mary were frozen behind a large rock on the flank side opposite of Cain.

“There’s two of em up there!” Mary hissed. “Joe said it was just some bumpkin all alone.”

“Maybe he has two guns and he’s trying to trick us?” Sam replied.

“Maybe.” Mary sighed. “Either way it sounds like Cain is down. We gotta get in there.”

“After you then.” Sam nodded.

The two of them snuck up behind the next rock for cover and got ready to fire.

10 Likes

This has given me the idea for Fluffy Cops and Fluffy Court. I may have to start drawing again.

3 Likes

Ol’ Shakey Meth Hands made me giggle.

This is really building up to a great conclusion!

I love Deputy Fuzz

5 Likes

Do it :grinning:

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do. These days, I’m more of a writer.

1 Like