Inverted Bowl fluffy, Product testing P3 (partial) - By Lothmar

Flatbed had been given a month to acclimate to a controlled household setting while the testing foals were reared to an adoptable level of training. He would miss his little bwuddas and sissies but apparently, he’d be getting sent to live with a new friend very soon. During the final weeks flatbed had been educated on the idea of injured fluffies and even introduced to a few special needs fluffies from Hasbio’s testing areas who were given a relaxing play day with their ‘nyu fwiend’. While flatbed was sometimes slow to certain things he was a gentle giant and seemed to possess remarkable tolerance, most likely due to his own strangeness being made apparent to him throughout his life. Afterall, that would be mean if he then turned around and rejected or bullied others because they were slightly dummeh like himself, right?

It was now time to send Flatbed to a local field agent who owned a pillow fluffy in order to continue the testing under real life conditions. After arriving at the apartment building the sleeping earthy was brought up a flight of stairs in a pet carrier and began to rouse when he heard a series of light knocks on the door.

“Glad you could make it, hope the traffic wasn’t bad.” A male voice added after the door opened.

After stepping inside. “Cant stay unfortunately Jim, need to get home to take the kids to an appointment. Can I get you to sign this?” The man carrying you adds as you are lowered to the floor and they produce something out of their jacket.

“Yeah sure,” they added getting a pen of an end table nearby.

“Name there, date there, yep yep.” The agent added before the sound of paper getting clutched was heard. “Have a good evening Jim.” The agent adds opening the door and heading back to the stairwell promptly.

“He’s got his priorities at least.” Jim adds with a sigh. “You awake in there?” The voice adds as it begins to raise the carrier to the nearby end table so they could look in before releasing.

““Fwatbed nu sweepies nao mistah.” They added with a yawn.

“Good to meet you flatbed, im Jim. Looks like I’ll be your daddy from here on assuming the project turns out all right.” Which was a polite way of saying ‘if you aren’t useful for my pillow fluffy im going to give you back.’

“Daddy? . . Nyu Daddy?” the concept seemed foreign to him with all the constant reinforcement of titles such as ‘mister’ or ‘doctor’ or ‘intern’ and the like over the last few months that Flatbed had not been expecting this and it was apparent he didn’t know how to process the concept right this moment.

“Indeed.” Jim adds with a whiff. “Well you smell alright.” He adds as if to say ‘at least you didn’t soil yourself on the wy here’. “Do you need to use the litterbox before I show you around?”

Flatbed tapped his hoof to his chin for a moment. “Not nao, agent mistah took fwuffy to pawk befowe nap. Wouwd wike to know whewe though su that fwatbed can make gud poopies pwease.”

“Well then, lets give you the tour.” Jim adds putting the carrier on the floor and opening the entry grate to allow flatbed to march out. “follow me.” They add stepping forward to the intersection. “To your left is the kitchen where I prepare and keep food. Across the counter from it is the dining room that I mostly use for plants. There’s a second litterbox in there in case you’re away from the safe room, i’ll show you where it is at dinner. Right next to those is the living room with the main television. Now we head to the right.” He adds finally moving from the intersection after basically pointing out much of the apartment from the door. Flatbed gazed with silent admiration of his new house and if he had any questions as of yet he didn’t make them apparent.

It wasn’t a far walk to the end of the T intersection. “Daddies room is over there, you don’t go in there unless daddy brings you in. Even if the door is open. The safe room is over there.” There was a door along the wall next to that door for a small bathroom that he basically reserved for his fluffy and kept the one in his bedroom for his own private use.

“Guess I’ll introduce you to my other fluffy now then and let you two get to know each
other.” Jim added as he grasped the knob and with a sigh opened the door. A curly haired fluffy with fur that was half brown with many golden accents like a large clump of uncleaned ore sat nosing a few bits of soft smelling cloths and burbled a bit at the sensory hit.

“Nugget, the friend I told you about is here.” Before you ask, no the fluffy was named because they reminded Jim of a Gold nugget not because she had no legs. She used to be a very normal fluffy and he had plans to breed her to get similar metallic colors or patterns in the future. He still might but he knew it’d be quite a bit of extra work to effectively raise all the foals because your mare couldn’t move and do much of anything to help you in rearing them.

Nugget looks back with visual face contortions initially as if repressing the ‘nyu fwiend’ response. “Nugget thought she teww daddeh she not suwe bout’ nyu fwend?” The pillow fluff mare added with a hint of nervousness and passive aggressiveness thinking they’d resolved this issue previously. That was till she laid eyes on the stallion before her. He had buff and chiseled features (for a fluffy) and a strong muzzle. His coat was a gun metal grey that looked particularly glossy as he’d been cleaned earlier that day in anticipation of this meeting. His mane and tail were white with both being shortened and partially cubed as if it were a military cut.

‘Oh nu, he’s hot…’ Nugget thought to herself with a slight press of her teeth against her lower lip. She had wanted things to stay the way they were with daddy being just her daddy and the two of them being together for forever… Why’d he have to find her such a handsome friend?

“And that’s why Flatbeds here sweety, so you can decide.” Jim adds with a slight gesture of his hands and flatbed saunters over to introduce himself. Jim knew if he’d gotten her an assistant that was female she’d probably reject them outright since she was a bit possessive of him. But now she’d have to decide if her love for her daddy outweighed her interest in a potential lover.
Jim stands against the wall and watches as flatbed comes around to the mares front so she wasn’t turned away as they talked. The moment plays out in her head as a slow motion camera pan as she leans in slightly to sniff.

“Hewwow, am fwatbed. Nice to me’chu.” He added with a smile but paused as his eyes shifted slightly from his nose picking up something. He was distracted from the foreign smell when he noticed Nugget was inspecting him with her own nose and lowered his own snout to sniff her mane as well.

“Fwatbed smeww nice / Nugget smeww pwetty.” The two of them add in unison and nugget shifts her head slightly in embarrassment while flatbed remains more of less un-phased. He was an earthie and therefor a little dense at times.

“Nugget suppose it be okay… Am nugget, 'ou be nuggets nyu fwend?” She adds side eying flatbed from her turned face.

“Yay, fwatbed make new fwend. Fwatbed pwomise to hewp fwend nugget." Afterall he was a service fluffy.

“Make sure and wa~” He added catching himself from saying ‘walk’. “er tell him the house rules Nugget.” Jim smiled and slowly exited the room deciding to leave the two alone for now as talk shifted to playing games. Well, more flatbed bringing her things and nugget mildly interacting with them and him, or instructing him in what she wanted him to do with them. Nugget usually only played with her blockies with daddy so this was a nice change of pace.

After stacking three blocks Flatbed was up for a challenge and took a stand on his back legs to stack a fourth as Nugget caught an eyeful from the stallion in front of her on the other side of the blockies.

‘Cawm down nugget, get it togethah.’ She thought trying to calm herself as she looked away from the nono’s before her.

‘Thewe it am again… What am that smeww?’ Flatbed thought to himself. It wasn’t bad, if anything it was kind of nice… But it was something he hadn’t smelled before today. He brushed it off for the moment as he dropped back down to all fours. Nugget praised his skill and with his permission she blew it over with a sudden puff of air and the two laughed.

“Lets get things prepped for dinner.” Jim thought heading to the kitchen as he turned on the kitchen monitor just in case. Jims motto afterall was ‘trust but verify’ so he’d keep an ear open at the very least.

“Palanquin pal.” He chuckled to himself thinking back to the naming meeting.

Will probably update or post a 3.5 later. Just knew I wouldn’t have time and didn’t want to wait till monday to post.

Is palanquin pal a good name for the line?
  • Yes
  • No (too hard for a fluffy to say / understand)
  • No (too pretentious)

0 voters

Feel free to put your own names for the line in the comments.
Couldn’t go with ‘Litter pal’ cause you know~ litter pals. xD

12 Likes

I think it’s a pretty good name. For a more fluffy friendly version, maybe try Buddy Bearer? Bearer Buddy? Either one works, if you like.

2 Likes

(No too hard for fluffies to pronounce/understand)

I was initially going to say walky pal, but that would just be a sad reminder of what the pillows are missing.

Carry friend get’s the point across sorta but has no ring to it.

Hmmm.

Saddle ponies/pals/friends? Reference to horseback riding. It’s easy for fluffies to say, and they’d probebly like looking at people riding horses while getting the name explained to them.

2 Likes

I was thinking Haulers/Hauler-pals (Pillow Hauler, Foal Hauler, Fluffy Hauler, Poopie Hauler, etc) aka Hauwahs/Hauwah-paws.

Also, absolutely love your stories.

2 Likes

Much appreciated.

Need to set some time aside and get back to posting chapters…

Late for the party but, “Lifter Pals” has all sort of fun mix ups about it.

1 Like

Forklift friend? :hmm:

But I like palanquin pal too.

2 Likes