I've adopted a microfluffy named Leaf (Chikahiro based on fluffybuns41)

So, there’s been a bunch of fluffies go up for adoption these past few days. Having never done this sort of thing before, I tried to adopt one. I missed out on some really nice ones from the community as well as some really… interesting ones. Challenging perhaps. But, I was able to adopt a microfluffy named Leaf.

Thank you @Fluffybuns41 for letting me adopt her. She seems like she’ll be very sweet and interesting to spend time pondering the world with :slight_smile:

---------------------------------------------
For those so inclined: this is probably the most interesting piece for me to work on so far. I took a photo of my hand in front of my laptop, then drew Leaf in pencil while referencing Fluffybun’s art and the photo to try and get the perspective right. Took a picture of the pencil drawing, took it into Affinity Designer, and after finally learning how to group things together in a way similar to Adobe’s folders for layers? Inked then colored.

Coloring I did in both base layers of color, then had layers on top of them with the shadows with reduced opacity (couldn’t figure out how I’d use the layer adjustment/types, so skipped the fancy stuff). I downloaded Fluffybun’s picture and used that for color sampling.

Removed the background, brought in the photograph, did a quick adjustment layer effect on it, then scaled her accordingly. Given that microfluffs can go from 15mm (foals?) to up to 5 inches? I wasn’t quite sure what size to make her. I decided to make her a handful, because that’s one of my favorite sizes for kittens. Still super small and cute, but you can actually interact with them, you know?

Yay learning new stuff :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

23 Likes

REALLY Cool!

And thats a big microfluffie!

2 Likes

Aaaand i think i am responsible of this adoption wave…

2 Likes

Aww cute nice rendition effect of the fluffy on your hand :+1:

2 Likes

I might adjust her size (as @anon31733200 has noted, humans are magic). I think I sized her to be a little bigger than a tennis ball but it’s been so long since I held a tennis ball I could well be wrong.

2 Likes

Thank you! I was wondering what direction to go with any of this! I effectively adopted an idea, a concept. It started getting a little meta/4th wall breaking with her activities being the focus of pondering. Will see.

I’d nothing else I’m drawing again. Just need to not use that to justify buying crap I don’t need (like an iPad pro) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If you want to see how big microfluffies are in my headcannon, go see one of my posts where i show them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

(i cant share a link to it cos im on my phone)

2 Likes

I saw! And I thought about that too. I think I’ve seen one or two where the micro was mistaken for a foal, too.

We one had a husky/German Shepherd that some random Chihuahua tried to mount. Maybe a micro pulled a micron and mated with a full size fluffy?

Hmm… Yeah, maybe too big for the terrarium idea I had. But she’s big enough I could do things with her in the back yard.

1 Like

I think the terrarium idea could still work but the tank would have to be big, there’s some portable clear show tanks that people use for koi fish

Though not everyone would have the money to spend around 899 -and that’s it on sale for a 500 gallon one- to 1,399 bucks for a fluffy spot I feel.
Though IT would be easy to move with it since it’s packable.

The bonus of not needing to turn a whole room into a safe room for her but putting something like this in the corner of a room, making space for it is the only needed thing truthfully.

2 Likes

I was looking at hamster/gerbil cages as assume of them go vertical. Having a two to four tier one might help compensate for a lesser footprint.

Actually, I just looked at my bookshelf and think that would be a good model.

3 Likes

Ooo, can’t wait to see how that would look, it be interesting to see how she likes it!

3 Likes

I just keep my microfluffies in a jar. Works!

2 Likes

Get some Tiny doll accessories and put a lil bow or flower crown on her head

2 Likes

im trying to not comment a abuse comment-
anyway, cute

2 Likes