Japanese Toilets Are A Life-Saver (by Chikahiro)

Traditional Japanese toilets often scare Western travelers. For fluffies and their owners they’re actually hoped for when traveling.

While having diapers for your little companion is recommended, this gives them a preferable alternative. They don’t end up ashamed for pooping and soaking in a diaper, the act of making good poopies relieves stress versus creating it, and there’s no need for a bath when arriving at your destination.

Don’t worry: Japanese public restrooms are significantly cleaner than what most Americans are used to.

By all means keep them wearing diapers when traveling around Japan. But let it be for emergencies rather than their only option!

48 Likes

Cute! Never even thought how toilets like these would work with fluffies. :blush:

8 Likes

Ah this totally would make a lot of sense.

6 Likes

Funny you mention that since this helped inspire it: Toilet Training by:Foxhoarder

I’ll be doing one with modern Japanese toilets later on.

4 Likes

@Chikahiro ohh this is a good idea for a fluffymart option :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So much easier than a litter box if you install one at home, too.

5 Likes

Now I could even a see a training potty just for fluffies. Or even ones installed for fluffy friendly establishments.

2 Likes

This oddly enough might help with social bonding between fluffies and their owner, because, like, a fluffy would probably feel cool that it got to use a human toilet. xD

3 Likes

This would be perfect for fluffy owners. Maybe cat owners also.

2 Likes

We need this in every house with a fluffy

3 Likes

I’ve seen home kits for training a cat to use a toilet. It’ll be a feature in my next one.

1 Like

Wow. This is my most popular one at Reddit so far o.o

1 Like

One interesting factoid I learned a while back is that wild cats like bobcats prefer to use water as a place to relieve themselves as the water will obscure their scent from the urine or faeces. So surprisingly, they’re not too hard to train to use a toilet.

Not that it’d be recommended to have one as a pet, but the theory should work for fluffies. After all, they don’t like things which don’t smell pretty.

2 Likes

I remember looking at one when I had to use the bathroom my first time in Japan. I don’t remember much asked from confusion and “how the hell…”

I like the idea these ought be relatively fluffy safe.

japan has the dumbest idea for a toilet design that i’ve ever seen. that’s not how toilets should be

Its old/traditional. Modern styles can be pretty neat with features like remote control bidets, seat warmers for when its cold, sounds to cover up a particularly loud dump, etc. This style of toilet makes a lot of sense, and is very common throughout the world.

What we do? That’s still pretty recent so far as human history goes, yeah?

2 Likes

The squatting toilet actually has some benefits. The position people have on western toilets actually leads to more unnatural straining and pressure causing more hemorrhoids, while squatting is more optimal for avoiding that.

And as far as newer western style ones in Japan are concerned, they can be very high tech with seat warmers, cleaning functions, retractable bidet nozzles… They can be white wondrous.

2 Likes

Are you a diplomed toilet expert?

2 Likes

GOOD!! im always interested in fluffies in other countries, the asian toilet seems like an option for the litterbox saving space :3

2 Likes