Jerrys Retirement Hobby #1(By DWD)

I apologize for the poor story, writing, etc.
This is my first story, almost in general. Please share your thoughts in the comments.
Sorry that some of this is from the pov of jerry and some from a weird narrator

I work a difficult and dreadful nine-to-five construction job. Doing it every day is excruciatingly painful, especially when you’re 62.
I’ve been hoping to retire soon, and I’m just waiting for the right hobby to take up when I’m no longer employed. When Jerry gets home from work and prepares to mow his lawn, he notices rustling in the bushes and thinks to himself, “Goddamnit, it’s probably fluffys.” He walks over to the bush and looks around; he discovers an entire herd of fluffys feasting on his flowers.
“STOP EATING MY DAMN FLOWERS,” Jerry says.
The fluffys squeal in response to his rage and the volume of his voice, scattering further into his yard.
He chases them angrily but then stops and thinks, “Maybe I shouldn’t be so harsh, they’re too stupid to realize it’s not theirs, maybe this could be my hobby.” Jerry rushes to find out where the herd went in his yard, and he finds them hiding in another bush, shushing each other as he approaches. He gets down on his knees.
“I’m not going to hurt you, you can come out,” Jerry says.
The fluffys slowly walk out of the bush
“Who is your leader?” Jerry says.
A smarty fluffy walks up to him and says
“Dis smawty fwuffeh land naw! dummeh hooman gib fwuffeh all da skettis ow ewse!” The smarty fluffy says
Jerry then picks up the smarty and flicks his fingers into its head once.
“Owie! Dummeh hooman i wiwl gib sowwy poopies awd fowebah sweepies!” The smarty fluffy says
I grin because I don’t think this small fluffy can take on a war veteran
“Shut up or else I kick you into the neighbors yard, their dog will eat you” Jerry says
“Dummeh hooman!” The smarty fluffy says
As all the fluffys watch I punt the smarty into the neighbors lawn, it screams in agony all the fluffys peep in horror
“Peep!” “Peep!”
I counted 12 fluffys, including a barely conscious smarty in the neighbor’s lawn.
“Now I was going to say I’d like to make a deal with all of you. Stop eating my garden, and I will feed and care for you all.” “Sound like a deal?” Jerry says
The fluffys nod in agreement scared out of their minds
“You all can think of me as your new leader, I don’t think the smarty is coming back” Jerry says
I walk into my house and start my car. I get in my car and start driving to fluffy-mart
15 minutes later, I arrive at a neon, extremely childish, bright store. If you put a fluffy in there, they would lose their minds with all the toys, beds, ect. A greeter greets me at the entrance, and I take a look around. I have to walk through an adoption section to get to most of the stuff in the store to say those fluffys have seen better days is an understatement whenever you walk through there they all peep at you sadly I hate how I’m slowly feeling empathy for these shit rats I look for some items and find a few balls, some treats, a sorry stick, a sorry box, some beds, some food, and a water bowl and a food bowl, I walk up to the cashier and pay 85$ for the crap, the cashier asks me
“A sorry stick and a sorry box?” “Are you an abuser?” She asks jerry
“No its only for a just in case situation, see I took in an entire herd of fluffys that were eating my garden plants” Jerry says
“Ah, be careful. Often times the leader is a smarty.” She says
“Thanks have a nice day” I say as I leave
I get home and check on the fluffys before I set up everything. I peek through the balcony and see this:
Smarty: “I gib u sowwy poopies!”
The pregnant mare that smarty is shitting on screeches and cries
I think to myself “Oh Goddamnit he lived”

Sorry for the short story, but I just want to see how this is received before deciding whether or not to continue this series. Please leave comments and tell me if I should keep writing this story : )

5 Likes

Pretty good looking so far, definitely needs to be a more consistent pov but other than that it seems like it will come along well.

1 Like

What pov did you like better? jerrys pov or the narrator?

Either could be good, in this situation Jerry’s may be better and you can still mix them a little but more of a fixed perspective with occasional extra information from the narrator, normally first person is a little better when taking a human viewpoint but thats just my opinion

Would like to see where this goes.