Join Us...by Karn/Princess Purrpaws

An idea I had that P3 decided to draw :heart:
She’s a huge fan of Pikmin but never really considered how horrifying of a concept they are.

I especially dig the scared expression on the only normal fluffy’s face.

31 Likes

I picked up pikmin 3 deluxe for the switch a few months back. Love the game. Wanted to play since n64. Pikmin being both these cute little creatures and things that kill and get eaten without mercy really appealed to me as a kid. Probably totally unrelated to my current fluffy habit.

3 Likes

I’m also a huge fan of the series.

I’ll never forget seeing what the first game calls “The Best Ending” lol

1 Like

First game was released for the GameCube…:hmm:

3 Likes

Sorry, yeah. I had a N64 briefly and never got to play the game cube. Must have mixed it up in my mind

2 Likes

It happens
No worries

Cool, nice design. Its not scary though but fascinating

1 Like

It’s meant to be more creepy rather than actually scary
The scared Tag is for the lone fluffy. :heart:

1 Like

Aren’t Pikmin actually parasitic, cuz I remember there being an enemy that was overtaken by Pikmin, you could control it like any other Pikmin if memory serves me right?

1 Like

It’s been a minute but the main thing of the game was once an enemy was slain with pikmin, they could carry the body back to base and convert it’s remains into pikmin.

However the plant coming from their head always reminded me of that parasitic fungus (Ophiocordyceps Unilateralis) that could take over ants. It’s why as cute as the game is, it always had a bit of a creep factor for me.

2 Likes

They were call bulbmin, you killed their mother and the babies would work for you the same as your Pikmin

3 Likes

Just read the wiki

It was in Pikmin 2, which I have played the least.
However, pikmin that do that appear to be unusual.

“This loathsome creature is in fact a parasitic form of Pikmin that has infected a bulborb. Unlike Pikmin that nest in Pikmin Onions, this parasitic relative spends its life inside the body of a host, usually a bulborb. Juveniles fall in line and mimic the actions of their parent until maturing to full independence. By burying its rootlike limbs into the nervous system of the host bulborb and infusing it with natural hormonal excretions, the bulbmin is able to control virtually all of the host’s bodily functions. However, the host’s voracious appetite seems impossible to suppress.”

From Olimar’s notes on the creature

1 Like

So would they be led by an Olimar Fluffy?

1 Like

It was loosely based on Invasion of the Body Snatchers so no fluff Olimar here
But that would be super cute :heart:

Just finished pikmin 2 4k/60fps mod

This is horrifying. However, I wonder if one could kill a fluffy then plant and pull them to make zombie fluffs that labor in your yard until they can’t move any more

1 Like

I panicked when I saw them and tried to kill them for about 90 seconds before I realized they were vibin

2 Likes