July Babies part #2 (by Chikahiro)

<— Part 1

“Nu wike fin’ nummies now,” Fern whispered. “Dawk time awmost hewe…”

Twig and Cabbage nodded. The big Earthie sneezed, causing a few vines to fall off his back. The two nummie finders quickly put them back onto the toughie before moving on. The heat of the day made the bright times intolerable for the fluffy herd. Many of them started hiding and sleeping when the sky ball was highest in the sky, only coming out to find food after dark times or when bright times were almost over.

Smartie allowed it, saying it was better than forever sleepies but said it was dangerous too. Lots of monsters did the same thing, plus the humans would come back in their metal monsters.

An lone “eeeeeeeee” sounded in the sky, then there was a burst of light. A boom followed after.

“Hewp! Hewp!” an unfamiliar voice yelled. Off outside the tree line was a white fluff, cowering behind a chain-link fence. “Tu scawy!”

“What du?” Cabbage asked.

“Nuffin’.”

“But dat fwuffy need hewp!” he huffed.

“Dat house fwuffie. Onwy scawed,” Twig replied. “No get huwties.”

“But…”

“House fwuffie safe,” Fern followed. “Twee fwuffies no safe if twy make feew bettah. Hoomins no wike twee fwuffies.”

The white fluff cowered, shivering as the night sky lit up, a lone bright spot in the darkness. The trio began heading back to the nest, their pace picking up the more the sky made bad noises.

“Mamas nee’ nummies,” the nurse mare said. “Hab nummies, make miwkies, hewp babbehs gwow big an’ stwong.”

Olive cooed at all the babies. So many babies! She had a dark brown wingie, a green pointy, and the prettiest sky-blue earthie. The young fluff’s head went side to side between licking the the blue earth who was done nursing and eating the nummies the others had found.

Rocket had a black earthie and a gray one nursing at her teats, but kept pushing away a little red unicorn. “Scawy babbeh! No huwt mama!” was cried as a stump flailed about.

Olive knew that Rocket was another cold-time fluffy like her, but a bit older. Smarty didn’t want cold time babies, but she couldn’t understand why. Babies were wonderful! She licked her now full wingie, listening to it coo.

Leaf had two green earthies with two brown ones. A little yellow babbeh was her last babby, and it was beautiful. Olive watched as two-time mother nuzzled the chirpie, pushing it towards an available spot. She was so lucky, having four miwkie places.

“How babbehs?”

Smarty. Olive’s head went down, trying to cover her little blue angel.

“Dey gud. Mama’s tiwed, westing,” the nurse fluff answered. “T’ink Wocket hab tinkie pwace huwties, doh. Swawed ob gud babbeh.”

Jade looked at Rocket who was quietly sobbing as the red foal tried latching onto her. “No wan… scawy… scawy…”

“Weaf. Wocket. Wisten,” she said, cheeks puffed out. “Aww pwetteh babbehs bewong to Smawtie.”

Rocket gave the barest of acknowledgments while Leaf nodded.

“Su,” the smarty said, walking to the red fluff by Rocket. “Yu gon’ twade.”

The little red foal squeaked when Jade picked it up in her mouth, a little bit of urine squirting out. A colt. Rocket’s shivering eased as it was taken to Leaf, placed on one of her milky places. The yellow foal was gently pulled away, squealing when she lost her grip on the nipple. Jade took the little fluff to Rocket’s teats which it accepted hungrily.

“Bu… wai do dat?” Olive gasped. “Babbehs need mama!”

“Smawtie am mama now. But no hab wowkin’ miwkie pwaces,” Jade replied, looking down on the young mother, glancing at the sky-blue colt under her muzzle. “Pwetteh babbehs aw smawtie’s. Aww pwetty babbehs.”

Part 3 →

24 Likes

Oh no
those poor foals.
I hope it all works out

10 Likes

I’m calling it.

She’s eating babies to gain immortality.

8 Likes

Damn rocket had issue with a unicorn maybe indeed her “thinking place” is bonkers

Love the trade resolution to have all foals to get milk. The smarty mare sadly cant make milk :frowning:

Nice part :+1:

7 Likes
4 Likes

I’m trying to decide how much I’ll say before the end. Hrm. Let’s just say there’s reasons for it, and I think there’s a few clues why.

7 Likes

Well i will wait when the chapter comes then it gives more anticipation when it arrives :wink:

3 Likes

Well, there was sabotage at the house as a diabolical entity erased about 400 words of work…

Bah!

6 Likes