Jurassic Park and fluffies

I have finally read the Jurassic Park novel, and besides I think it is a brilliant novel, fluffies came a lot in my mind while reading, because of the lot of genetic stuff, ethical questions and lawsuit around the park and dinosaurs. I say! I think Jurassic Park (the novel at least) has a place next to Blade Runner as fluffies more serious (dark) twin.

I mean, it is a basically accepted hive-canon, fluffies caused unforeseen environmental and sometimes disease problems.
I like dr. Malcolm reasoning in the book: I could imagine them occurring in a Hasbro-lab by a more clear minded scientist.
+1 when Dogson, and the rival gen-tech-company ponding on legal status of dinosaurs, and they describe a situation absolutely fluffy-like:
First, the supreme court already has a precedent about biological-animals are “products”, - therefore Biosyn wanna copy them as fast as possible.
2. the marketing plan in the mind of both company is exactly like I would imagine in the mind-set of a Hasbro corporate executive.
Tha park is just a drop in the ocean of a huge marketing scheme: there would be be caps, equipments, accessories, merchandise, shops-markets, pets (!), whom only being able to eat the InGen food.
3. Hammond is a number-one jerk, but his reasoning is very fitting into the fluffy versum: basically He gives a damn about people, and only wants money. He says we must only use genetic for entertainment purpose, because that’s where money is, and using genetic for helping people is just non-sense because humanity is a bad investment.

So, I think it is a compulsory reading for any fluffy fan.

Have you read the novel? I am curious on your opinions.

6 Likes

Jurassic Park and Fluffies are examples that fit the term “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”.

3 Likes

Its been 6-evers when I last read the novel, I DO remember some awful gnarly death scenes that would test any bleeding heart for the survival of those “”“dinosaurs”“”, so, SAME FOR FLUFFIES! except fluffies don’t have the strength to blood-eagle a man (That fat dude with the actually pretty accurate dilphosaurus!)

1 Like

Yes, that’s basically the point, thought it was described why it is not likely people would not do it. Because they have a delusion that science-caused-problems can be solved by even-more science, until everything got fucked-up.

Yes, I understand the difference between a fluffy and a vicious dinosaur. :grin:
But the theme itself was I found fascinating attached it to fluffies.
But who knows; there are hints in the novel,
a) Dilophosaurs were unable to split poison, it was just because of DNA manipulation
b) As no one sees Dilophosaur before they are not even sure that!
it is an unanswered question: I found funny.
I mean, how more dark could the fluffy world turn into if fluffies not only eat crops, and spread “fluffy-aids” by pooping everywhere, but eat you. :thinking:
horror_fluffy
But yeah, I am sure someone before already played with this idea, plus, it does not fit fluffies too much to be vicious predators on humans: it’s alien from the theme.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the assorted mutants that can get really dangerous, you got Jellenheimers, metas, and those parasite mutants that fester in their shit. imagine you’re in the park’s petting zoo and one of the new mummahs suddenly shits out a jellenheimer and it starts killing the other exhibits in front of the patrons. Or one turns out as a meta and gets all kill happy on the humans for treating its parent species like shit.

2 Likes

It’s been almost 30 years since I read that book. You’ve got some good points, though.

1 Like

This lot of fluffy mutant/subspecies came into my mind too.
In the novel, it was said they maneged to clone a prehistoric parasite and a flu virus with the dinos. They already had medicin against them,but it made uneasy some scientist.

So fluffies can turn into killing monsterns sounds interesting. But I guess it fits bettet to the fluffies cause deceases topic.

There were a lot of pic and fic fluffies are predecessors of mlp ponies, and kill people intentionally or unintetionally.

I know about the dilos but also my mans was just blood-eagled, like they ripped him from the back, i should of said nearly accurate cause in the novels their just nearly identical to their irl counter parts.

Man i would HAAATTE that, actually start actively making abuse art cause of that. But LOVE the idea you posted. I wanna draw dinosaurs attacking fluffies now…Probably on saturday.

1 Like