Just below the surface by (that1hugboxer)

You are Duncan, it’s with a heavy heart and a tired soul that you lay Drupal to rest in your backyard. Your chest feels so tight. Why? Why did Femi have to kill him? You are brought back to the moment Femi tried to “comfort” you , she whispers in your ear “ at least… Maya has a playmate now”

Trying to explain to your other fluffies that Drupal is dead, was a task and a half. Certain concepts are easier for fluffies to grasp than others. Atlas didn’t understand death in its entirety but still had a firm enough grasp that he knew Drupal wasn’t coming back. Jelly and jam weren’t that far behind Atlas understanding it in terms of forever sleepies . Queequeg had very little understanding of it and would still ask where Drupal was from time to time. Galatea’s trauma induced muteness made it difficult to gauge her understanding. Odis was in his own little world but would sometimes look over at the harness seat beside him curious as to why it was empty. Olga took it very hard crying lot and barely eating. Trantor the resident “tough guy” just sat in front of Drupal’s grave wearing his cardboard samurai armor as if he was guarding it.

You too Drupal’s death the hardest of anyone.The only thing you could think of to dull the pain was Kvass and bramboráky. As you finish the bramboráky there was a knock at your door. Opening the door you find Zoey on the other side. “Hey. I….came to check on you.”

“Zoey not that I don’t appreciate the concern.but how did you even find out?”

“Duncan that’s partially why I’m visiting. I think it would be better if you sat down while I tell you this, may we come in?”

“We?”

Zoey steps to the side revealing Casildo and Sefa Bakir.

“O…of course, please make yourselves at home.”

“ I apologize Mr and Mrs Bakir the only thing I have ready to offer you at the moment is Kvass or water , I mean no offense whatsoever by drinking Kvass in your presence. It’s simply a cultural thing.”

Casildo puts his hand on your shoulder.

“Duncan you were raised by Czechs. I was raised by Turks. This is your house,please don’t feel embarrassed for doing something culturally normal to you in your own home .”

You sit down at the table with your guests and Zoey begins to speak.

“So remember how you asked how I found out about the … incident?
Well…. It’s all over social media.”

“Excuse me?”

Sefa speaks up.

“Duncan… femmi recorded and posted everything from the hanging itself to your reaction of finding the body.”
Your eyes for a split second loose the light behind them.

“I see….”

Casildo begins to continue where Sefa left off.

“Femi didn’t anticipate the massive backlash online. Duncan someone set up a crowdfunded care package drive for you …and you are not going to believe who it was.”

Casildo turns his phone around to display a familiar face.

“I…Is that Bich Duc?!”

Zoey smiles.

“Yes Duncan it’s her.”

“Out of respect for your privacy she reached out to the fluffy sanctuary to ask permission to have the care package sent there. I understand that you are hurting right now but I want you to know that a lot of people are thinking about you. And when you are ready the care package is waiting at the fluffy sanctuary.”

You hug all three of your guests.

“Thank you….so so much! Give me a few minutes to get ready.”

Zoey and Sefa look surprised.

“Oh come on guys you can’t expect me to ignore this wonderful thing so many people have done for me!”

“I gotta get moving before I talk myself out of it !”

You get yourself ready and Zoey tells you to bring all your fluffies .

Your guests drive you to the fluffy sanctuary. Upon entering the building you see a basket filled with bottles of expensive vodka…. Bich Duc walks up to you holding the most beautiful alicorn chirpy you have ever seen . The purest white fluff the beginnings of a rose gold mane and instead of heart shaped hoof pads they were fleur de Lis .

“Hello Duncan.”

“Ms Duc… I … that fluffy is…”

“She’s all yours Duncan.”

“Ms Duc this fluffy must have cost a fortune. It’s not that I’m ungrateful far from it. I just feel unworthy of such a gift.”

“Duncan I can’t think of a more deserving person to own this fluffy.”

You hold the small foal in your hands.

“H…Hey there little one.”

The foal eyes still closed tilts her head up in the direction of your voice and happily peeps and coos. You feel a familiar warmth about the little foal.

You are taken back to when your adoptive great grandmother held you after your biological parents relinquished all parental rights to her and her husband.

She speaks to you in a sweet and caring Czech accent

“Oh my sweet little Duncan. I know this is hardest thing you have been through in short life. But Life is lot like making Kvass. We must go through layer of bad before we get to good stuff just below surface.”

8 Likes

<3

2 Likes

I recommend naming the foal Sila, it’s suppose to mean strength in Czech. You know to move forward no matter what happens or what life or others throw at you.

4 Likes

I love the Bakirs even more now, and Bich. Also, Femi needs a hilarious run-in with a garbage truck.

1 Like

Reincarnates as a fluffy

1 Like

And has a run-in with Gio and Jackie.

I have no idea who’s those characters are but I can imagine that they don’t like fluffies very much

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion sila is a wonderful name for a fluffy and I will definitely use it. Just not for this particular fluffy

1 Like

They’re in a current running story, can’t remember the author, about a couple of mafiosi who get reincarnated as fluffies. It’s pretty hilarious.

… I think, I would of preferred for Dustin’s life to get more worse, and more fluffies to die personally. It just feels better to me.

1 Like