Justify the Color Hierarchy to me!

I’d like to clarify, I love debating and I enjoy your points.

3 Likes

many rich people get dog breed precisely for their uniqueness. Pugs, poodles, weiner dogs, all are specifically bred for their aesthetics. For designer fluffies, this would be the same, rich people breeding specifically for the aesthetics.

4 Likes

Of course, as said your headcanon actually works. Though assuming open source on the DNA code this could lead to all sorts of fluff variants custom made to the person. “Oh yes my fluffy has sabreteeth and a massive cock!” “Well mine has a third eye that emits bursts of light.”. So getting better colored fluffs rather than some custom abommination is seen as droll by real high rollers.

4 Likes

I’m not talking about the super-rich, I’m talking about you about me and every other jo shmo walking down the road. I can see neon colors being so expensive that most people would probably just get a brown one.

4 Likes

True, but many people specifically buy a dog because its a certain breed. I admit there would be regular folk who just want a fluffy, but there would also be a large portion who want a specific fluffy in a specific color

4 Likes

Pure-breed dogs are preferred, and dog fanciers can ruin a breeder by pointing out a single flaw in a single puppy. When one talks about dogs it isn’t about mutts, mongrels, and runts, the desire is to purchase a named breed, in good health, that displays all the characteristics familiar to the breed.
The mixed breeds are the leftovers in the discount bin the average person adopts, because they find it foolish to drop $10K on a single “purebred” puppy.
Fluffies were supposed to be a refined product based on MLP, so the development aimed to create a mammal that presents fur in colors rarely seen in any naturally occurring mammal, matching the colors of the mane cast.
Damn, reminds me of my childhood pet. A German Shepherd runt, white, was given to my dad because it wasn’t “the right color”.

6 Likes

I see that, but I feel like the large majority of the market wouldn’t demand or care about specific colors. It would probably be a matter of emotion if a fluffy begs you to love it that’s a purchase sealed right there.

4 Likes

That still isn’t one to one, dogs have many more physiological differences than fluffies across breeds. If anything fluffies are more like cats with their being less morphological difference besides minor stuff like coat length and color. Like for a cat to get really good and pretentious it needs to essentially be born deformed to deformed parents like persians.

5 Likes

My personal head cannon is this. Fluffies are a genetic chimera meaning they are a hodge podge of different genetics. One I believe was used was ravens for the limb bud codes for the wings on the pegasus types. This had the adverse effect of also transfering another lesser know trait of ravens. You see white ravens are not as rare as you may think. Infact while not ultra common they are not rare either. The reason you hardly ever see them though is the mother will 99% of the time reject and throw white ravens from their nests. I believe this color bias was transferred to Fluffies but became focused on another color trait common to mammals aversion to colors associated with illness or filth. This resulted in the rejection of “bad color foals”

7 Likes

That sends me down a different train of thought, aren’t most head cannon fluffy prices like 5.00$ or 12.50$ or something. I couldn’t get dog food for that, so if the difference between prices is a couple of doors then wouldn’t color matter even less?

3 Likes

Again, this all depends on head canon.

5 Likes

Also makes sense as ravens can talk, and understand basic abstract concepts.

3 Likes

You haven’t dealt with children have you? Oh gods the disappointed screaming sessions I’ve witnessed, tantrums over the “wrong toy”, wanting strawberry NOT grape in their PBJ, etc.
I’ve met adults who are that childish about details of things they get.

5 Likes

No I’m right everyone eles just needs to get on board :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I agree I feel ravens actually make the most sense for the base animal for fluffies or atleast close to the base

4 Likes

Really? going by your name i have at LEAST 7200 other sources to check

5 Likes

Well non mammal base, I see them as rodents. The only problem with this is assuming they’re herbivores they might also dislike red foals.

5 Likes

Rodents are mammals…

4 Likes

I worked at a grocery store, and a daycare. I know his bratty children can be. I know how bratty adults can be, but a good parent knows how to temper that. There’s a reason you don’t give your kid everything they want because they don’t know what they want.

2 Likes

I’m specifying ravens as the main non mammal component my dude. Fluffies are nothing like horses but they seem to have fur and not downy protofeathers.

4 Likes