Kaïs’s checkup by (that1hugboxer)

You are Calvin Bastion , today you and your 8 year old daughter Jacqueline are taking her fluffy Kaïs to the vet for a routine checkup at the vet. Immediately upon walking through the front door you and your daughter are met with gasps, whispers and gawking stares.

The receptionist attempts not to stare while checking you in, but she can’t help herself.

You have gigantism most prominently in your hands, feet , nose, mouth and ears, you also suffer from universal vitiligo making most of your skin a light grey color. Your natural curly red hair and burly build makes you stand out like a sore thumb. Needless to say your appearance attracts a lot of attention. You’ve been compared to many things, a shaved gorilla, Bluto from popeye
And most recently Spear from Genndy Tartakovsky’s primal.

Jacqueline inherited your hair and skin colors but inherited her mother’s soft facial features and bluish green eyes. She’s lankishly tall for her age but otherwise didn’t inherit your gigantism.

You and Jacqueline sit in the waiting room as a petite Vietnamese lady stares at you from across the room. Your daughter immediately recognizes the woman.

“Hi Ms Duc!”

Jacqueline waves at her.
Bich Duc is Jacqueline’s home room teacher, you haven’t met Jacqueline’s teachers as the job site schedule had you working during orientation day.
Jacqueline and her mother had nothing but praise for ms Duc.

Ms Duc smiles then looks over at you and begins speaking in a very soft Vietnamese accent.

“You must be Jacqueline’s father, I’m Bich Duc your daughter’s home room teacher. it’s nice to finally meet you.”

“Calvin. Calvin Bastion, it’s nice to meet you as well.”
You outstretch your arm offering her a handshake. Ms Duc hesitantly accepts.

“My wife and daughter have done nothing but sing your praises.”

“Aww. I’m honored to hear that I’ve made such an impression on your wife and daughter.”

Ms Duc looks over at Kaïs sitting in Jacqueline’s lap.

“Oh my goodness! Is this the Kaïs you journal so much about?!”

Jacqueline smiles radiantly barely able to contain herself.

“Yes mam!”

“May I?” Ms Duc asks Jacqueline as she stares at Kaïs with anticipation.

“Of course Ms Duc!”

You swear you hear a barely audible happy squeal as Ms Duc gently pets Kaïs.

“Hello sweetheart.”

“Hewwo nice wady,fwuffy am kaïs.”

Ms Duc is hit with cuteness overload as Kaïs flutters his tiny wings to the rhythm of her petting.

“How do you get Kaïs to be so well behaved?”

Jacqueline shrugs .

“He just came like that. I rarely if ever have to discipline him. It’s just his temperament .”

Ms Duc sighs wearily at this revelation and looks down at the pet carrier beside her. A pink and purple unicorn huffs within.

“My precious Sen was such a loving foal but as she grew older she became so self absorbed and no matter how many boundaries I put in place or how many sorry sticks I give or stays in the sorry box she gets, nothing changes.”

“ oh Ms Duc I’m sorry I can’t be of more help.”

You chime in.

“Ms Duc I’m not very familiar with fluffies myself but one of the job sites I worked on was for a fluffy sanctuary. Perhaps they would know someone who could help?”

Ms Duc’s face lights up as you dig through your business card holder and hand her the contact information for the sanctuary.

“Oh thank you! I’ll contact them as soon as possible!”

Around that time the nurse calls you back for Kaïs’s check up. Despite his very small size Kaïs was given a clean bill of health by the vet. On your way home you can’t help but wonder if Ms Duc was at the vet that day for something other than a checkup. Nevertheless that was her business and none of yours. You are so thankful that Kaïs was a good fluffy.

Author’s note: so I came to realization while writing this that I don’t mentally picture every fluffy I write in the same art style. I visualize Kaïs in the (Bad_Roomie) style But I visualize sen in the (LongFluffering) style. Does anyone else imagine the text stories they read or write on this site in certain/different styles depending on the situation?

4 Likes

Absolutely! It usually depends on the story, and whether or not a writer also posts their own fluffy art. If a writer solely does text-posts, I typically think of the fluffy(ies) in whichever artist’s style that best fits the story. An abuse story that is imaginative, and/or seems like adolescent hijinks? That’s an Egor fluffy! Sad fluffies in a sad situation? Wolfram fluffies! Weirdness galore? Newb-ronswek fluffies FTW! Neutral/hugbox? Definitely fluff-writer!
There are so many amazing fluffy artists, and writers, that the possibilities are endless!

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight. And welcome to the community.

1 Like

I forgot to mention this in the last story, but it’s impressive this fluffy can pronounce umlauts.

2 Likes

The fluffy talk translator doesn’t account for umlaut so It’s more of me not wanting to write K-eyes every single his name comes up because my phone’s text prediction software is already well enough acquainted with an alarming number of fluff speak phrases.

1 Like

It’s kinda off topic, but I’m glad to see a good teacher in the world, even in fiction. :sparkling_heart: In my area, the good ones quit or retire as soon as they can.