KFE: Football's Origin/Fate of his mother (Mister_K)

“Footbaww wuv baww daddeh! Su funsies!”

My pet fluffy, Football kicks his rubber ball to me and i kick it back to him. I intentionally kick it to the side in order to get him to chase it down.
My assistant Anna, looks on with a rare smile on her face.

“You love that little turd fluff don’t you boss?”

“I do Anna, i really do. I’ve raised a lot of fluffies and sold them off. But for some reason, something just clicked when Football came into my life.”

“How did you end up meeting him anyway? You never did tell me the story.”

I Pause for a moment, i take off my pit viper shades and look at Anna.

“He’s lucky to still be around y’know? His mother was awful even without the whole “Poopie babbeh” thing they do. Gimme a sec and i’ll tell you.”

I get up and walk towards Football, i pick him up and go to take him to his safe room.

“Upsies? Whewe we going daddeh?”

“I just need you to play in your safe room for a bit kiddo, ill be back for you as soon as im done talking with Anna.”

“Otay Daddeh, Footbaww wuv ou!”

“Love you too pal.”

I place Football into his safe room and close the door. I return to Anna and sit down.

“I didnt wanna risk him overhearing anything… so. Ill give you the whole story. Starting with his late mother Merlot…”
-----------------------------Flashback----------------------------
It was the early days of K’s Fluffy Emporium. The floors were small and so was the selection of fluffies for sale. One of the things that helped the Emporium thrive was the good colour fluffies that were available for purchase.

One of the best fluffies we had, was a wine coloured mare named Merlot. Her deep coloured fluff and mane resembled fine wine. Hence the name. She was set to become the best breeding mare in town, providing foals of similar colours to the well paying customers that walk through my doors.

Or… that was the plan.

No matter how many times she tried, Merlot couldn’t successfully birth any foals. Miscarriage after miscarriage, stillbirth after stillbirth. The poor mare was dejected.

“Mewow wan pwetty babbehs wike aw da odda fwuffies… nu faiw! Why can’t mewow hab’ babbehs!? Am bad fwuffy!?”

I stroke her mane to calm her down.

“Seems that you just can’t have any babies hun… i’m sorry. But these things happen sometimes…”

“Hu huu… nu faiw…”

A few days pass and i’m working the counter, selling a few fluffies every hour. Business is booming.
I’m ringing up a few foals for a family when in the corner of my eye, i see Merlot watching on. Her eyes are glued to the babies which are all beautiful colours. After i send the family away i walk over to Merlot.

“You may not be able to have babies hun, but if you want. I can put you up for adoption as a nurse fluff. You still produce milk, so you’d be a great addition to a house with newborn foals!”

“Nu! Mewow wan own babbehs! Nu wan odda fwuffy babbehs!” Merlot pauses for a moment…

“Mewow wan twy fo’ babbehs again. One mo’ time…”

I give Merlot a small smile before nodding, agreeing to give her one more chance to birth a healthy litter.

After a visit to the stallion pens Merlot seems happy again, shes singing typical fluffy songs about babies and how she’ll be a great mother to the prettiest babies.
After three months pass, Merlot has swelled up to the point of being immobile. She has to rely on her fluffy friends to roll her around. Some of the other mothers are even giving her tips on baby care for when they finally arrive.

Then it happens…

“BIGGEST POOPIES!!”

I rush over to merlot and i roll her onto a comfortable mat. When she realizes her babies are coming, she focuses all of her efforts on pushing and making sure they come out.
Shes been through this before after all.

As she pushes and grunts a small head exits her birth canal. A small brown foal falls out and hits the floor, its peeping and chirping with gusto.

And then another brown one. A unicorn.

Another one. A pegasus…

Another brown pegasus…

A brown earthie.

And finally… a brown Alicorn…

“Oh no” i say under my breath. All of her babies are as healthy as can be, and that in itself is a miracle for Merlot… but fluffies dont exactly have the best reactions to brown foals, especially if ones an alicorn…

They all chirp and crawl around, wanting the comfort of their momma. I scoop them up and i present them to Merlot.

“Here hun, all healthy too!”

“W-why daddeh bwing Mewow poopies? Whewe babbehs?”

“Silly fluffy. There right here!”

I set them down in front of Merlot, unfortunately it doesn’t take long before she loses her collective shit.

“MUNSTA! POOPIE MUNSTA BABBEH! MEWOW GIB’ STOMPIES!!”

As Merlot raises her hooves to stomp her litter to mush i pick her up and stop her.

“Thats not a monster Merlot! Its your baby! Look!”

I set her down, holding her in place so she doesnt do anything drastic. She looks at all her babies who are still trying to crawl towards her.

“D-deh aww poopie babbehs… whewe mewow’s pwetty cowow babbehs!? Whewe babbehs!? SCREEEE

“Calm down! Isnt this what you wanted!? You finally have healthy babies after all those tries and this is how you react!?”

“WAN PWETTY BABBEHS! NU POOPIE BABBEHS! NU WAN! NU WUV!!”

her babies are getting desperate now. Their movements are getting weaker the longer they go without their first drops of milk.

“For fuck sake… you vain, selfish little bitch… i thought better of you!”

I take Merlot to the counter and i get a milk pump from one of the drawers. I hook her up to it and start draining her teats.

“NU! NU STEAW MIWKIES! NEE’ MIWKIES FO GUD PWETTY BABBEHS!”

“Just SHUT UP! I Don’t wanna hear another word out of you!”

After her teats have been drained i take the bottle to the pile of brown foals, who have instinctively huddled up in a pile to stay warm.
I grab the alicorn, it peeps and chirps at the sensation of being grabbed but changes its tune once i present it with the bottle of milk. It suckles hungrily until its full before letting go and curling up into a satisfied ball. I do the same for all the babies until theyre well fed and safe.

I get a small shoe box and place them inside. Theyre still chirping restlessly though, theyre own company isnt enough… they need their mother.
I brainstorm for ideas, Merlot wants nothing to do with them and she’ll stomp them the second she sees them…

I rush to the counter and grab a pair of scissors. I approach Merlot who’s still sulking in the corner. Without a word i grab her and pin her to the floor while snipping out tufts of her wine red fluff. She hates this though and thrashes violently as i try to cut off enough fluff without injuring her.

“Hu huu… Meanie dummeh daddeh take pwetty fwuff! Hatchu daddeh! Mewow hatchu!!”

“I really don’t care anymore.”

I take the fluff over to the shoebox and place it inside. The foals immediately start hugging and cuddling it. Recognizing the tuft of fluff as their mothers. Shame thats the most they’ll ever get from her, but alas. Thats one problem solved. Now for Merlot…

“Whats gotten into you Merlot? You’ve wanted babies for 2 years now! You’ve finally birthed a healthy litter and you try to kill them!”

“Babbehs am poopie, dummeh an’ munstuh! Mewow wan pwetty cowow babbehs! Daddeh shouwd gib’ foweva sweepies to dummeh poopie babbehs!”

“I can’t believe you… after all that, you turn your back on a healthy litter. Well heres the deal now, from now on you’ll NEVER have any more chances to have babies! None! I’m gonna make an appointment to get you spayed, and i’m gonna sell you.”

Merlot just looks at me with a snarl. I pick her up by her scruff and toss her into her pen.

“Now go to sleep! I dont wanna hear anything else outta you!”

I head into the Emporium’s break room and flop onto the couch, ready to doze off after all the shit that went down today…

I’m awakened from my sleep after about 3 hours by a blood curdling screech. I rush onto the main floor and i see Merlot on a rampage, she’s going from pen to pen, beating up mothers and squishing their foals!
I dash to stop her before she kills any other babies. My rage has reached its peak with this bitch, i throw her against the wall and kick her back into it once she bounces off.
I see to the damage Merlot has caused… she injured 3 mares and killed 8 foals…
I comfort the mares as best i can before cleaning up the remains of the foals.

I then approach Merlot, whos crippled at this point, but still alive. I look her in the eyes.

“Words can’t express how disappointed i am with you. All you had to do was be a good mother and feed your babies. But you couldn’t manage that.”

“I-if mewow cant hab’ pwetty babbehs… nu fwuffy can…”

I contemplate killing her on the spot. But no, thats too kind for her…
I grab the scissors again and i cut off the rest of her fluff before taking her to my back room…
I roughly cut off her legs with the scissors and patch them up, all the while Merlot screeches in agony. I then cut out her tongue before setting her up against the wall of the back room.
I find and old tube and shove it down her throat, making sure it enters the stomach. I then pour some left over fluffy slop down the tube, force feeding it to merlot.

“You may not want to feed yours, or any other baby. But thats not up to you anymore. Today marks the first day as the Emporium’s milkbag!”

Merlot squirms in the restraints as i leave. I thought i heard her try to mumble an apology, but its far too late…
I Return to the shoe box where Merlot’s babies are. Theyre all chirping and peeping, theyre probably hungry again. Perfect time to test out Merlot…
I take the foals to the back room and i set them down in front of Merlot, they all crawl towards her and latch onto her teats, suckling at the milk their mother has made. Milk that she would have denied them.

“Look at em Merlot, aint they cute? You could have had a happy life with these babies. But you blew it.”

I pick up on of the babies after its done feeding. The earthie. It clings to my finger and nuzzles against it. Peeping and cooing happily.

“It looks like they’ll be ok though. Guess they don’t need you in the slightest…”

After all the babies are done feeding i take them back to the shoe box and out them back inside. All except for the earthie, who is still clinging to my finger.

“Jeez little guy, let go already! I need to get some sleep!”

I pry the earthie off my finger, it cries as its lowered back into the box, bit calms down once its hugged by its siblings.
I head back into the break room and pass out.
When morning comes, i check up on the damage Merlot has done. The mares are still saddened at the loss of their babies, but they’ll manage.
I check on the brown foals in the box, theyre as lively as can be. Theyre hungry again and need another trip to Merlot…

After feeding time is over i go to put them back. But again, the earthie is clinging to my finger.

“Alright little guy, wanna hang with me? We can hang.”

I put the earthie in my chest pocket and i go about my work in the Emporium.

As the weeks pass, the foals have opened their eyes and have started relying on Merlot’s milk less and less. I’ve sold off the Alicorn already as i couldnt introduce it to the rest of the fluffies without it getting hurt.
But to my surprise, the rest of the Emporium’s fluffies accepts the brown foals with open arms and began taking care of them. All except the earthie, who refused to ever leave my pocket. The blue maned brown foal refused to ever leave my sight and insisted it stay with me. Not that i could ever say no, the damn thing was too cute.

“I Suppose you need a name fella… hmm, your round and brown. So how about, Football! Yeah, your new name is Football!”

“Footbaww? Babbeh wuv nyu name!”
----------------------------Present day--------------------------
“And thats how football and i met.”

“Wow boss… i didnt know you had the gall to make a milkbag out of a mare!” Anna exclaims, shes awfully surprised her softy of a boss did something many consider cruel.

“I was pissed, what can i say? To have Merlot reject her babies after so many failed pregnancies really irked me. But i woulda forgiven her if she hadn’t went on her rampage…”

“If it makes you feel any better. You did the right thing, taking Merlot out of the picture and ensuring the foals were safe and fed is awesome boss.”

“Thanks Anna, that does make me feel better… whelp! I suppose we should get back to it. These fluffies wont sell themselves. Lemme get football and we’ll be going.”

I head to football’s safe room and pick him up.

“Ready to get back to work pal?”

“Footbaww weady daddeh!”

------------------------------The End----------------‐------------

(I decided to write a little origin story and go in depth about what happened with football’s mother. Its mainly focused on the mother, but i think i did pretty well getting football involved too.
Hope ye enjoyed!
-K)

11 Likes

Great story! Glad Merlot got her just desserts.

2 Likes

Poor little foals! Their mother was a beast, and not in a good way. But it looks like Football was a cutie from day one. :sparkling_heart: What a good boy!

2 Likes

Nice story

2 Likes

Glad Merlot got punished.

2 Likes