Kitteh-Mummah (fwuffythwowway)

In the outskirts of a small town lives a feral pink fluffy and her four foals. Only three of them, however, are healthy, at least by feral fluffy standards. These three foals are happy, playful, and most importantly, full of milk from their mummah. But one sits under a bush nearby, away from his siblings. Not by choice.

The emaciated brown colt quivers. He’s noticeably smaller than his siblings. His ribs are visible through his fluff, which is far too short for his age. He cries, “Mummah, can poopie babbeh hab miwkies too?”

His mummah shoots him an angry glance. “Nu! Miwkies onwy fo’ pwetty babbehs,” she says, holding one of her foals close, a purple filly. “Poopie babbeh num poopies an’ gib wickie-cweanies.”

“Bu’ mummah,” the colt cries, “hab wowstes’ tummy huwties, an’ poopies nu taste pwetty…” Mustering all the strength he can, he tries to move out from under the bush.

“Nu!” mummah shouts, stamping her hind leg on the ground. “Poopie babbehs nu get miwkies!”

This racket attracts a nearby human. A human with bad intentions. With a fake smile plastered on his face, he steps closer and says, “What cute little fluffies. Do you need a new daddy?” He kneels down next to mummah.

Mummah gasps, her eyes lighting up. “Yesh, nice mistah! ‘Ou be nyu daddeh fo’ fwuffy an’ babbehs?”

The man cringes. “Of course. Just get in this bag and I’ll take you to a nice, warm home.” He pulls a plastic shopping bag out. Mummah coos happily and obliges, looking behind at her babies and calling, “Go in bag, babbehs. Nice mistah am nyu daddeh.”

From under the bush, the colt wriggles and tries to move toward the bag. “Nu! Nu go! Wait fo’ poopie babbeh!”

But by the time his weak little leggies carry him out of the bush, his siblings, his mummah, and the “nice” man are already gone.

“Nu!” Tears form in his eyes. “Mummah! Nu weab babbeh!” Too weak and tired to go on, he collapses, weeping bitterly. “Huuhuu… babbeh aww 'wone…”

One bright-time passes, but it feels like many, many forevers. The brown colt is barely holding on, exhausted from crying, starving to death. He closes his eyes. Though he’s holding on as best he can, his life is being siphoned away.

Suddenly, he hears a quiet rustling in the nearby grass. Hoping it’s a new mummah or daddeh, his eyes open and he looks around.

Before him stands a kitty monster, staring right at him. Somehow, he finds in him the energy to scream. “Kitteh-munstah!” He tries his absolute best to run, but he can hardly stand on his hooves.

The kitty monster picks him up by the scruff. Had there been anything in his system, the colt would have defecated with fear. “Bad upsies!” he squeals. “Nu eat babbeh! Nu am fo’ nummies! Huhuhuu!”

As the monster carries him to an unfamiliar place, he thrashes and cries, begging it to put him down. He argues, “Babbeh nu am fo’ nummies! Am fo’ huggies an’ wub!”

After a few minutes, the kitty monster finally stops moving. The mews and squeaks of kittens can be heard below. The foal cries, shaking with fear. Though the kitty has set him down, he has given up trying to escape, accepting his perceived fate. He wouldn’t be able to run, anyway, as he’s surrounded by kittens nearly twice his size.

The kitty monster begins to lick the foal with its sharp, sandpapery tongue. With his eyes shut tight, the colt prepares himself to be eaten, expecting searing pain any moment now.

But it doesn’t come. The kitty keeps licking him. And, moments later, it begins to purr.

The colt’s eyes open. He looks up with confusion. “Kitteh-munstah nu num babbeh?” He asks. No response, but the cat doesn’t seem to get any closer to eating him.

Then, with a gentle paw, it nudges the colt closer to its belly. “Miwkies!” exclaims the colt. The mere sight of a nipple fills him with enough energy to crawl towards it. With tears pricking in his eyes, he quickly latches on, drinking like he’s never drank before (because he hasn’t).

The cat trills with satisfaction, setting her paw down and relaxing. She keeps her eyes on her new baby as he eagerly drinks.

Fuller than he’s ever been, the foal moves away from the kitty’s nipple. He carefully pushes past one of his new siblings and nestles himself between her front legs, cooing with joy. “Wub 'ou, nyu kitteh-mummah,” he says, closing his eyes with contentment.

The soft purrs lull him to sleep. For the first time in his life, he falls asleep feeling safe and warm in his new mummah’s embrace.

32 Likes

awww how cute

3 Likes

And little fluffy grows up to protect kitty-mummah

3 Likes

thats adorable! though I am also intrigued by the fate of the other fluffies, given a plastic shopping bag doesn’t exactly scream longevity.

4 Likes

And once again i continue to like cats more than most people…

3 Likes

oh my gosh i love this!! little baby gets a good ending, and the cat gets a new baby. such a lovely story, i wonder what will happen as they grow

4 Likes

I am sure that the fate of her mother and her brothers will not be like hers, I bet that the end of her and the babies will be swallowed up at the hands of man.

2 Likes