kitten milk substitute [by: fluffymeat]

bit of a strange idea, but im having a rough time and i needed to draw.

i think if fluffy breast milk was a good substitute for cat breast milk, it would become common practice to use mares to feed orphaned kittens. potentially a bit of a cheaper option than kitten formula.

also not entirely sure if i got the fluffy language right. ive been lurking in this community for a while yet im still very poor with fluffy speak.

55 Likes

Missing the cute tag lol
Feel almost bad for the pilllow, but kitties gotta eat.

4 Likes

I like this idea. I never would’ve considered using fluffies as a surrogate milk source for domestic animals. Nice!

2 Likes

I’m sure it would depend on the head canon bc most Ive read imply fluffy milk is pretty crappy for supplementing/ it’s pretty much just candy in liquid form (aka essentially just sugar water bc bioengineering shenanigans)

But I definitely agree this would be a pretty neat idea! I’d personally say fluffies nursing kittens under the head canon it’s nutritionally similar is a hell yes from me, I can imagine a feral Mummah, probably one that’s had a couple of litters of foals so she’s had a little more experience with pain in the crotchtits (weaning foals/ potential play accidents, ect) who finds a couple orphan kittens and takes them in, they’d totally be raised to be honorary toughies

Or hell maybe even a trained house fluffy in a professional sort of kitten fostering place, the poor girl would probably have a lot of scars but Itd be cute if she was proud of how strong all the “Hisseh babbehs” are (plus fluffies would work as a heat source & personal alarm for at risk kittens, pretty much negating any need for getting expensive incubators for premature kittens)

4 Likes

I can see Feral Cat Project volunteers use milk bag mares to help feed newly found kittens brought in from inclement weather or a disaster. The milk bag mares will be constantly sprayed with cat scents and the tongue will be removed. Having to the tongue removed will help the milk bag mares live longer, as even as kittens, they’re instinctively good at hunting milking mares, as the scent of the milk is strong, and many times, the mare may have several generations of kids nearby, allowing the kitten to feast on the newborns and weanlings.

Love the artwork. Upset by fluffy call da kittens monsters :rage:. I know they just call them that, still…

Anywho… I can see this happening, especially with people who dislike fluffies and would want to see them suffer while caring for young animals.