Last Year Summary & New Announcements

Hey folks.

Hope you’ve all had a good New Years and Christmas. It’s been a while since I made a post, which for the most part is probably a good thing, because I only find myself making posts if there’s drama or announcements that change things to a significant degree.
I’d like to say I’m happy that for the past couple months, the site’s been fairly quiet, aside from a few scraps here and there, there wasn’t any major drama that significantly impacted the site, and that’s great. My plans are to keep things running smoothly the way it has been.

There were some server outages yesterday, for that I apologize, I was updating Discourse version to its latest, which meant some plugins were causing issues, but it’s fixed and shouldn’t cause any further issues. If you encounter any issues (especially ones I’m not aware of), please do let me know. The biggest annoyance still remains that sorting parameters are incompatibel, namely if you browse “/top?order=created&period=all”, it doesn’t actually seem to look at all, but merely ignores it. That bugs been reported 8 months and I’m hoping Discourse fixes it eventually.

Onto moderation news, @Zetsumi will be taking a hiatus as a moderator, he’s done good work and I appreciate him, he will remain on the moderation team but consider him to be inactive. In the meantime, there’s someone else who’ll be coming back, @Virgil. I need not introduce him, and I’m sure many people are glad he’s back. Additionally, we have a (perhaps) more controversial choice to the mod team, @Za. I’ll happily listen to any complaints you may have, and as always when someone steps out of line, it matters not if they’re moderator or not. However, Za promised to be a good boy, and I will hold him to that.

Last but not least, I’d like to thank the few handful people who have donated over the course of the last year. While it’s not enough to cover all the costs, I’m glad that it paid for roughly half of what the server cost me last year, and for that I’m grateful. As always, I’ll be paying out of my own pocket even if nobody chooses to donate, but if you do, I’m thankful. I wasn’t sure if anyone in particular wants to be mentioned by name, but if you want me to do shoutouts to supporters in the future, let me know, I don’t mind doing so.

That’s it, really. It’s a small summary, but with the server migration last year and everything set up, there’s not many issues to discuss. Let’s try and make 2024 run as smoothly as last year.

23 Likes

I for one am really looking forward to working with Za. He’s been like a bother brother to me for many years, and I’ve gone to him for advice pretty often as he’s been around our community far longer than I have.

It’s good to be back home

13 Likes

I don’t wanna make this a big deal but I feel I oughta say something given my reputation.

I understand that for some of you that I don’t particularly see eye-to-eye with, this may be troubling. I have a history of acting out, but I’ve always spoken from the heart and said/done what I thought was right when it really mattered. I want to work hard for the betterment of our community. Rest assured that I’m not going to misuse the trust that has been placed in me.

This message does feel a bit too formal for my liking though, so… ballsack.

7 Likes

Welcome and welcome back, new and old-new mods! I hope we’ll have a good 2024 together!

I was curious about the outage, but when the site came back and I saw the visuals for the post types were different, I figured out what was going on.

5 Likes

Wish i could donate, though i have enough dough, there’s a hinderance; i’ve outsourced my finances, so can’t internet-bank cos of that…

3 Likes

Blood sacrifices are an option as well

4 Likes

In minecraft

2 Likes

What about sacrificing annoying neighbors?

1 Like

Doesn’t matter who it belongs it, as long as it is human blood (and in minecraft)

1 Like

And made trouble when bored for fun.
Let’s hope that is something you’ve outgrown.

1 Like

Congrats to getting promoted Za.
May your reign last and kiddos fear you.

1 Like

I’d love to donate too, but sadly, I just spent fifty thousand dollars commissioning a softcore video of my self-insert being raped seduced by Charlie from Hazbin Hotel, and now I’m bankrupt.

No, wait, that excuse is worse than the truth. I really can’t afford to donate, but not because of that. Even I wouldn’t stoop to that level.

3 Likes

you truly are a paragon

2 Likes

renegade-for-life-vegeta

Yeah sure, and i’am saving money for plastic surgery to look like the 1993 version of Doomguy from Doom 1 & 2…i wonder if Doomguy believes demons can be turned good, outside of creating infights between 'em.

Joking aside;
Economy sucks donkeyballs worldwide, there’s a reason why foodstamps in the USA, or voedselbanken in my region, are in massive use.
Even my fav cheap-ass soft-drink almost doubled in price the last eight years.

1 Like

8==========D

I wasn’t sure where to ask this, but it seems like here may be appropriate!

Could AI generated content please have a category that can be opted in or out of, please? There are people who really love it and people who really hate it and it would be nice to not see it.

Thank you all for keeping such a tight ship, here’s to a good new year. :black_heart:

3 Likes

Bandwagoning on this one,
Congrats to getting promoted, @Za
May your reign last and kiddo-diddlos fear you.

1 Like