Lastest spark of hope (by Booperino)

I WANT TO BELIEVE

3 Likes

Drink my sweet summer child, drink. There is no guarantee there will be more tomorrow, there is no guarantee there will be a tomorrow.

4 Likes

Well, in extreme cases the foal can survive a little bit off of the mother’s blood if she has a wound to blood-let. Or if the foal can’t process it she can consume her own blood/flesh to make more milk.

Short term solutions but sometimes that small amount of time can be salvation.

3 Likes

She could also eat the dead babbehs that are lying around her like most ferals near starvation would do. Nummie babbehs aren’t only for bitch mare stories.

5 Likes

Somehow, your hopeful ending makes me feel even sadder.

Kudos!

4 Likes

My headcanon:

Garbage collector comes.

Is horrified at the sight of the dead and dying fluffies in the dumpster.

Pulls all the fluffies out.

Angrily goes to the Fluff Mart.

Tells the man that fluffies go in the red bin.

(And yes, this is very much a @Swindle reference)

8 Likes

Fluffy Bear Grylls says

“Impwobise. Adapt. Obewcome.”

5 Likes

I know your deus ex machina game you play, you always do it your way… so be it…

1 Like

:sob: only one left and have enough for one meal for the last foal…damn that employee shit!

2 Likes

“Fluffies have to be seperated by color, then go into the bin matching their color!”

2 Likes

Actually, it’s a bio waste bin.

1 Like

Awwww That last baby is really good baby

4 Likes

Hey, he does ask the creator and gets permission first. It’s not always a canonical ending though.

2 Likes

But having a good ending, makes me feel, weird. I know that´s why Boop does it, but, I really enjoyed it at the beginning.

I will admit it does feel nice to see the world we all want to live in… but sometimes i don´t, that´s why I know he will do the better ending, like a fanfic of somebody that died canonically, but you decide to bring that character back.
Just some, hope.

3 Likes

Gotcha.

2 Likes

in my defense, i didn’t want this one to feel like a deus ex machina, to the point i refused to have a human come by and rescue them, but make it more the mummah using what energies she had left to save the last foal alive.

i hope my fan-sequels don’t bother much :frowning: they kinda a way for me to cope with some of the content i see here, and i always feel worried it might upset people who enjoyed the originals

3 Likes

I think authorized fan sequals/AUs are awesome and should be encouraged. Those of us with booru-scars about it aren’t worried so much about “what if we get ever more great and varied content?” it’s about “what if people start fights by posting obnoxious and inflamatory ‘let me fix that for you since you screwed it up the first time’ stuff and we end up falling back into the same pattern that killed the booru.”

While I’m thinking, I’m thinking it’s important to keep a nice, bright line between the two. Because I loved this and it’s the opposite of what I’m worried about.

3 Likes

Allow me to announce here and for all to hear, feel free to “fix” my art and work any damn time you like.

Also, Boop, your eyes are a dead giveaway, but what I believe happens next is the garbageman just says “welcome to the carnival” but ends up being a third rate hack.

2 Likes

Considering the dumpster is likely behind the fluffy shop, it probably wouldn’t be too long before a customer overheard the commotion. Assuming people that frequent fluffy-marts are hugboxers, its quite possible they could get a good ending. Or at the least, someone could relocate the pair.

2 Likes

The others could realistically be just about alive too, if battered - the comic looks like she was only away for long enough to feed the shop babies once, they were hungry but dancing around so clearly not starving beforehand, and baby mammals have decent brown fat reserves. More likely cause of death was the throwing, though.