Learning Pains part 3, by Swindle

You’re a pink and yellow fluffy mare, and you’re trapped! It’s dark, it’s stuffy, and you keep sliding around and thumping into the walls of the box for some reason. You whimper and try to stay still, but your hoofsies don’t get good traction and the box is smooth, so you keep sliding around. It really hurts when you bang your nosie.

You can’t help it; you make scaredy peepees. You know you’re about to die.

WHACK!

WHACK!

WHACK!

Just like the others. Just like the only friend you had for a brief, brief moment. Just like the poor stallion who lost his special lumps. You sob in terror and feel your own peepees soaking into the fluff on your legs and belly. Your tummeh feels sick from all the sliding around.

Finally, the box stops moving. You pant, it’s so hot and stuffy in here! Why did the box stop moving? Does that mean you’re going to get hit with Mr. Hammer now?

Then the box lurches sickeningly and you make sickie wawas from your mouth.

“BLEAAAUGH!”

The box keeps bouncing and swinging and you get thoroughly coated in your own peepees and sickie wawas. You wail in misery and just wish it would all end.

“Jessica, sweetie, don’t swing the box around like that. Can’t you hear your fluffy crying? She doesn’t like that.”

“Oh! Sorry, daddy!”

The box drops with a thump that startles you and you splat face first into the runny mess at the bottom of the box. You start huuhuuing loudly now, even though you know they won’t like it. What do you care? You’re already dead.

Then the box opens and you flinch, bright light stinging your see-places.

“Oh, GEEZ!”

You look up and the big munsta is looming over you, staring down.

“So much for keeping the box.”

“What’s wrong da- oh, gross.”

“Yeah. Tell you what, why don’t you put some food and water in her room while I clean her up?”

“Ok!”

The box lurches again, making you lose your balance and fall into your sickie wawas again, and you realize the munsta is carrying you somewhere.

“Pwease nu huwt fwuffy!”

“I’m not going to hurt you. Now settle down.”

He carries you somewhere, then lifts you out of the box by the scruff of your neck; you’re not a baby anymore, so this kind of hurts.

“Owies!”

“Settle down. Ugh, yeah, this box is going in the trash.”

Then the munsta puts you in a strange box. It’s long, white, smooth, and has no top. You put your front hoofsies on the side and almost manage to get out when you lose traction and slide into the box. It will take some effort, but you think you can escape from this one.

Then the hoomin munsta does something at the other end and wawa comes pouring out. Your eyes grow wide as you realize what the box is for.

Drowning fluffies.

You scream and redouble your efforts to escape; you just manage to make it over the side of the box when the munsta grabs your tail and yanks you painfully back into the drowning box.

“Hey! Hold still, I’m just cleaning you up.”

Then he grabs something that looks like a cross between the sorry stick and the scary wawa-nu-weggies-munsta and your eyes roll back in terror.

“Nuuuuuuuuu!”

“Geez, I knew these things didn’t like baths, but this bad?”

You scream and cry and try to escape and the munsta holds you down while he sprays cold wawa all over you. You sob in despair, knowing what’s next: pointy owies and the worstest hurties in your special place.

After what seems like forever, the bad, scary wawa stops and you huddle in a ball in the white box, shivering and huuhuuing. Then the munsta picks you up, properly this time, and sets you down on something soft and poofy, the same white as the box. He folds the poofy thing around you and begins rubbing vigorously.

It scares you at first, not knowing what the munsta is doing to you, but then the rubbing starts to feel kinda… nice. You’re still huuhuuing in anticipation of the pointy owies and the horrible, horrible hurties in your special place though.

Then the poofy thing goes away and the munsta picks you up again.

“There, that wasn’t so terrible, now was it?”

You sniffle, realizing the hoomin has somehow scared the wawa out of your fluff, and then you try to escape again, thrashing your body and kicking your leggies. No more owies! You have to get away!

“Hey! Hold still! Hold still, dammit, you’re gonna hurt yourself!”

He holds you tightly as he carries you somewhere else. To the HuuHuu Place. You moan and hide your see-places with your hoofsies.

“Dad, what was all that screaming and crying about?”

“It’s ok, she just didn’t like getting a bath. Fluffies are like that. She’ll get used to it. I hope.”

You’re set on the floor and immediately try to escape, sprinting for the open doorway. You have to get away!

The smaller munsta snags you and scoops you up.

“Hi there! I’m your new mommy!”

You look at her, baffled. She’s not your mummah. Your mummah was fluffy, pink like you, and gave the bestest huggies, love, and miwkies! Why would she claim she was your mummah?

“I think I’m gonna name you… Petunia!”

“Petunia, huh? That’s a good name.”

The shorter munsta grins; you hope she’s not smiling in anticipation of harming you.

“Do you like that name, Petunia?”

“Fwuffy… fwuffy haf name? Fwuffy am Petunia?”

“Yup!”

You think about it for a minute. You’ve never had a name before. You didn’t really ever need one, and you certainly didn’t want one bestowed upon you by a horrible munsta, but somehow this feels… right.

“Otay. Fwuffy am Petunia nao.”

“She likes her name! See, daddy?”

The bigger munsta is giving you an odd look, like he’s suspicious (but you haven’t done anything!), but says nothing.

“Here, Petunia, this is your new home!”

She sets you down and you look around. This place is much bigger than the box you were trapped in for so long, but it’s nowhere near as big as your alley. This is your new home? How are you supposed to move around and be free in here?

Suddenly, you remember there are two munstas in there waiting to give you owies and you run to hide behind the nearest shelter, crying.

“Daddy, what’s wrong?”

“I think she’s just shy, sweetie. She’s had a long day. Let’s leave her alone for a while so she can get used to her new home.”

“Awww! I wanted to play with her!”

“I know, dear, but she needs some time to adjust. Let’s go start dinner for when mom gets home, ok?”

You peek out from behind the thing you’re hiding behind and you see the bigger munsta looking at you suspiciously again. You hide your face again and hear the door shut.

Poking your head out, you see that you’re alone now and are trapped in this room. Waddling over to the door, you push against it experimentally, but it doesn’t budge. Maybe there’s another way to get out.

You begin exploring the room, starting with the thing you hid behind. It’s big and soft and smells pretty; you decide it would make a good nestie. Maybe even better than your old nestie in the alley. Certainly better than the cedar chips in your box!

Next is a box in the corner near the nestie. It’s filled with… you paw at it, mystified as to its purpose. Is that some sort of dirt? Pawing it stirs up dust that makes you cough and sneeze, and you back away from the box. You don’t understand why it’s there.

The next thing you explore is a dish full of nummies. You gobble them down, and for once there’s enough to make your tummeh feel full. It tastes better and is softer on your teefies than the terrible nummies at the shelter, so this is a definite improvement. You look around for the wawa bowl, but you don’t see one. You sniff, but your nosie is still runny and itchy from the dusty box, so you can’t tell if there’s wawa in the room. You don’t see any though, just an odd contraption next to your nummies bowl. You consider asking the munstas for wawa, but shrink back at the idea; the munstas at the shelter gave hurties to any fluffy that asked for something. You’ll find wawa on your own… somehow.

The only other things in the room are some odd square things; the word ‘blockies’ pops into your mind when you look at them, and they seem fascinating, but you ignore them for now. The last thing is a…

“Baww!”

You sometimes found balls in your alley or nearby and played with them, at least until a meanie fluffy stole them or the trashies munsta ate them. This one is very nice, bright red and shiny. You’re able to temporarily forget your nightmarish terror as you bat it around and chase it around the room. This is fun! You haven’t had ANY fun in the LONGEST time! You almost feel happy again.

Ooh. Those nummies went to work fast. You look around, but you’re still stuck in this little room. In your alley, you just walked as far from your nestie as possible. In the box, you couldn’t go anywhere and had to do it in the corner and tolerate the awful, not-pretty smell.

This place is a little bigger than the box, but not as big as your alley. Disappointed, you squat in the corner furthest from your nestie and make poopies. You wrinkle your nosie at the smell, but trot over to your nestie and snuggle inside. Ooooh, it’s so soft and warm! This IS better than your old nestie!

You wiggle around until you’re comfortable and close your see-places. This is nice. You have a nice, soft nestie, your tummeh is full of good nummies, and you even got to play! Maybe… maybe this place isn’t so bad after all.

At least it will be tolerable until you find a way to escape and get back to your alley.

33 Likes

Very engaging. I’m hooked!

6 Likes

Ferals sometimes still want to go back to its alleys even it have comfort already… most i saw are comforted already guess some can’t get used to safe houses.

6 Likes

Poor traumatized fluff

3 Likes

I Fear she will get the sorry stick for bad poopies. The girl seems nice but she is just a kid. She realized she was hurting the fluffy the moment her father made her aware of it. With the Dad I don’t know he could break her in the end or let her free or sit down and have a talk with her. I mean she seems smarter than most Fluffys so if he tries she will understand her new live as slave. I don’t use pet here because fluffys are sentient.

2 Likes

I thought the same!

I love this perspective and it’s a new POV from the usual rote of fluffy adoptions. I think the dad is getting wind of how fucked up this fluffy is and I’d guess this was not the idea he had in mind for his daughter’s pet

5 Likes

Agreed. But also he seems clueless. Like someone who would try to adopt a feral animal then get mad that it doesn’t immediately adjust to being domesticated. There are no kill shelters out there with cats that just cannot go to homes because they have been ‘wild’ for so long. Fun anecdote, they make great helper cats at shelters.

1 Like