Leslie the Soon Mummah (By:GreaverBlade)

“Daddeh! Daddeh! Gud news! Weswie is soon mummah!”

Tyler looked at this violet fluffy in his arms, tilting his head ever so slightly to the side. Eyes narrowing, his only response was, “What?”

“Weswey am soon mummah! Meet speciew fweind at da daycawe!”

Tyler held Leslie close to his chest, patting her head and keeping is hands over his eyes to hide the sharp scowl on his face. After a few deep breaths, he had composed himself and held the fluffy up to eye level.

“That’s great news, Leslie. We’ll talk more about it when we get home. Since there’s something to celebrate, we’ll have an extra spaghetti night tonight.”

“Extwa sketties for Weswie? Thank you, daddeh! Weswie wub you so much!”

Tyler secure his companion in the car, and hurried home. Leslie sang quietly to herself the whole car ride home, “Mummah wuv babbehs, babbehs wuv mummah. Dwink wots of miwky, gwow up big an stwong.”

After feeding Leslie her beloved ‘sketties’, and putting her to bed, he stole away to his office to figure out a solution.

Leslie was NOT going to have babies. He did not have the space for them, he did not have the money to care for them, and he loved his purple companion, and didn’t want her to go through the heartbreak of having to part with her foals when they grew big enough to rehome.

Tyler was browsing the Fluffy forums for solutions and coming up dry. Most of the responses were essentially “a swift kick to the belly” to solve the problem, and judicious use of the sorry stick to prevent the problem from happening again. Tyler didn’t want to hurt his fluffy. He had never told her no to babies. It had never come up. She was only a couple months old, and it had simply slipped his mind how fast Fluffies mature and reach a breeding age.

Tyler was digging through catalogs now, for products that would make Leslie happy without having to keep her babies. He considered his best option was to have the foals medically aborted, have Leslie spayed, and to distract her with toys or something. But that didn’t seem like a real solution. Leslie was excited about being a soon-mummah, and Tyler didn’t want to take that away from her.

Tyler kept browsing, searching, looking for the least cruel way to handle the problem. Then an ad caught his attention, and he had the solution he needed.

A month later, Leslie was pregnant enough that her stubby legs barely reached the floor. If she had even a folded blanked beneath her, she could basically run in place resting on her belly. Tyler had contacted a local fluffy vet that agreed to help with his idea. Tyler sat down with Leslie and started stroking her mane.

“Leslie, are you excited to be a mommy?”

“Yes Daddeh! Weswie wuv beeing soon momman an’ can wait to give wub and huggies to babbehs!”

“Now Leslie, you know that being a mommy is a lot of work right? You’ll have to feed your foals constantly, and teach them to make good poopies in the litter box. And when they are big enough to talk and eat kibble, they’ll have to leave to other homes.”

“Weswei know wots of wowk for babbehs. Weswie will be good mummah! Weswie have saddied dat babbehs wiw weabe Weswie when dey big babbehs.”

“Leslie, what if I told you that daddy could make it so that you could keep your babies forever? That you could always be a ‘soon mummah’, and sing to your babies, and keep them warm and safe inside you?”

“Weawy daddeh? Weswie can keep tummeh babbehs? But no can gib tummeh babbehs huggies…”

“Well Leslies, you know I’ll always give you huggies. And if the babies are in your tummy, then they are getting huggies, too!”

“Weswie wike huggies! And Weswie wike gibbing huggies to babbehs! Daddeh will wub and huggie tummeh babbehs for Weswie?”

“Yes Leslie, daddy will love your babies as much as you do. I’m going to take you to the doctor tomorrow, and she’s going to make sure your babies stay warm and safe in your tummy, so you can always be a soon-mommy, and you can always sing to your tummy babies.”

“Fwank you daddeh! Weswie get to have fowebbah tummeh babbehs! Weswie so happy!”

Leslie laid unconscious on the metal exam table. A fluffy’s tiny body didn’t take much to knock out and numb entirely.

Tyler was giggling to himself, “I’m sorry I’m still stuck on Yvette the Vet.”

“Tyler. Mr Mulvaney. It’s a name. Let’s get on with this procedure.”

“Yes, sorry. I’ll stop. So yeah, I talked Leslie in to wanted to be a ‘fowebbah mummah’, so she’s on board with this. Probably not with the specifics, but with the idea.”

Yvette slid her glasses back up her nose. “Your idea is a novel one. How did you come up with it?”

“Well” Tyler replied, “I messed up my knee something fierce a few years back. Thankfully I’m able to function normally with just a brace after the surgeries and I avoided a bone-on-bone situation. But that’s what did it. All my shopping for a better brace, that is. I got an ad for artificial cartilage knee treatment.”

“Huh, so it was just chance. Well, this is about the kindest cruety I’ve ever been asked to inflict on a fluffy. So, you emailed the company and they just sent you leftover artificial cartilage?”

“Pretty much. It’s basically the vat scrapings. The stuff that’s too squishy to provide adequate protection. Normally it’s just production waste. So, I got a half dozen blobs about the size of russet potatoes. I figured that should be plenty.”

“Honestly, this could whole new means of Fluffy care.” Yvette sighed. “In the right circumstances it could be better than pillowing. Less cruel at least.”

“And a potentially lucrative business. If this works out and Leslie is happy, the supplier wants to talk growth opportunities.” Tyler replied. “She’s great, and I adore her. But her having a family is simply a no go for me. This solves the problem and if anything goes wrong, we just have them removed.”

“Right. Well, I’ll ask you to return to the waiting room. I’m going to proceed as we discussed. Leslie is to be spayed, the foals aborted, and these ‘russet potatoes’ put inside her to keep her thinking she’s pregnant.”

“Yes. Honestly, thank you doctor. I really think this will be best for Leslie. And if it can help other fluffy owners, all the better.”

Tyler had already brought Leslie home by the time she awoke from the anesthetic. She was groggy for a few minutes but when she fully came to and realize she was on Tyler lap, she looked at him, deep concern in her eyes.

“Daddeh! Eb’wyting aw’ wite? Tummeh babbehs happy?”

“Yes, Leslie” Tyer replies, gently brushing her mane. “Your tummy babies are safe and sound. You’re a good fluffy, and I know your forever tummy babies love you very much.”

Leslie was beaming. “Mummah wub babbehs, babbehs wub mummah! Babbehs wib in tummeh, keep dem sawfe and wawm!”

Tyler continued brushing Leslie, humming along to her song. He needed to email the company later, and let them know implantation was successful, and the trial period was ready to begin.

37 Likes

Sounds like the daycare needs a good suing for letting opposite sex Fluffies interact with no supervision.

Interesting plan with the ‘forever mummah’ idea, obviously it’s gonna completely fall apart but I’m intrigues as to how.

11 Likes

I’ve not really thought of a continuation yet. But I can see this being done in a shoddy manner, a “soon-mummah” giving birth to her not-foals, and being horrified by the lie she’s been carrying.

9 Likes

My first thought was infection, she’s getting (if I’ve read it right) human knee cartilage placed into her stomach for an indefinite amount of time. That’s bound to fuck with her immune system, might kill her or worse, make her barren.

3 Likes

She was specifically spayed as part of her treatment so her ending up barren isn’t a problem. On the other hand, if you want some horror. Imagine a fluffy with these installed that wasn’t spayed. One round of ‘enfies’ later, and suddenly her insides are VERY crowded. Do with that idea what you will. Alternatively, when a fluffy dies with these inside, if they were removed and not properly sanities before re-implantation…

And to clarify, she’s basically got balls of non-reactive artificial cartilage installed in her. The idea was to use something that would be medically safe and have a low probability for any type of rejection. My concept was the stuff is created in batches, and parts of it are usable and can be shaped and fit to a specific human joint. Other parts of a batch are either too hard and don’t provide enough padding, or too soft and the bone-on-bone would compress it too much to be useful. Leslie’s implants are of this “extra squishy” type so they won’t hurt her insides and would be vaguely analogous to squishy fluffy babies.

This is my first story post and I wanted to go with something sort of low key. This is an owner who loves his fluffy, but doesn’t want the responsibility of more, and he doesn’t want to make something that he legitimately cares about sad or resentful. Thankfully fluffies are dumb and easy to manipulate.

5 Likes

I might have just the plan to use that idea. If you’re ok with that.

2 Likes

Expanded the reply, and please do. I added another story hook you might like.

1 Like

Honestly, my main concern for this mare isn’t infection or anything, but how fat she’s gonna be for the rest of her life. It sounds like you subscribe to the “swell into beach ball” canon, so she’s just gonna be so big and swollen she can’t run or play again… ever? That seems less than ideal.

Might have been cheaper to get some scented plush toys and say she gave birth in her sleep. But I can definitely see this guy having this cool idea and not realizing it has downsides until some weeks later.

That said, I wouldn’t have thought this was your first story at all! It’s super well-written and provides a unique spin on things, great job!

4 Likes

This was a great story, with a fresh concept. I loved it!

Hmmm. I think the bigger issue with this is that, in a lot of headcanons at least, mares can feel their fetuses moving about much like real mammels do. These are just inanimate lumps however. I could certainly see after a set period of time the “forever mother” thinking her babies are dear cause they don’t move. Especially one that was actually pregnant before.

2 Likes

Quite an interesting idea, forever “pregnant” mares. It reminds me a bit of a story I read on the booru years ago about a forever foal.

An aside, the common theme in the fluffy community is that fluffies are exceedingly cheap and inexpensive to care for yet an equally common theme in writing is that a mare’s owner is unable to afford caring for a handful of foals. I’ve never understood that contradiction. For one, foals subsist on their mother’s milk. Assuming the mare requires twice as much kibble for adequate lactation during the period before weaning it still must be incredibly inexpensive to pay for a mare and her offspring. Toys? Fluffies are stupid and the overwhelming majority of authors’ canons implies that they are thrilled with just a few wooden blocks and a ball which can be purchased at discount stores for just a couple dollars. How broke are the fluffy owners in these stories? Is everyone that owns a fluffy living constantly on the edge of homelessness? And in any event foals grow rapidly and are weaned in a month or so and then can be given or sold to other owners. It isn’t much time at all to be mildly burdened with a slight budgetary increase.

That was a rant but it’s been building for quite some time. I guess my point is that while there are many reasons an owner of a fluffy may not wish their fluffy to reproduce, the minor costs associated with taking care of a litter of foals just doesn’t seem believable.

And then whenever I read a story where a mare became pregnant against her owner’s wishes I immediately think, “If you didn’t want foals why would you purchase or adopt a female fluffy?” Fluffy programming is such that WAN BABBEHS is essentially the prime directive of a mare’s life. It makes as much sense to punish a fish for swimming as it does to be angered by a fluffy mare reproducing.

2 Likes

Hrm, I’d be more worried about rejection of the implants. Of course, since fluffies seem to have interchangeable limbs, that would not be a problem? I mean, I’ve read some weggie transplants in some stories, but that would mean their inmune system is too dumb to take a hint that something doesn’t belong to the body. Usually, for transplants to work, there should be a certain amount of compatibility and then the inmune system should be depressed for the coming days to prevent rejection. In this case, since they are implanting a tissue in the womb, wouldn’t it be a possibility for her to reject the tissue if it didn’t come from fluffies and she didn’t receive inmunodepressants?
Whatever the situation, I love how she didn’t get her way.

The Tory approach.

They will have to finish lawsuits for cannibalism & chemical warfare tests first, I would imagine.

1 Like

I think the real cost is in time and stress when it comes to a litter of foals. Sure, they are cheap as foals, but there’s the time to buy more litter for them, the time to teach and instruct them, and the time to emotionally invest in them. Heck, even the space constraints could be the limiting factor.

Regarding the “why adopt a female”, it could have been a simple color consideration, and a lack of understanding of how defective the product really is. Though in the end, every story requires some suspension of disbelief.

Given that fluffies are somewhat intelligent, I’d forgive an owner that has a good relationship with his fluffy for thinking that they can be reasoned with. It’s a creature that talks, learns, and adapts. The owner projects on to them, and thinks “better of them” than they are. The solution is to spay and neuter, but some owners may not want that kind of expense for a “cheap” pet, or because they think they can trust their pet.

Also, I love these discussions!

1 Like

Very good point about the colors. I often make assumptions about the humans in these stories that perhaps I should not make. I’m a hugboxer and in my headcanon fluffy ponies are considered animals which is at odds with the prevailing notion that fluffies are biotoys and not thought of in the same way other domesticated animals like dogs or cats are viewed. Perhaps fluffy owners just wanted a pretty colored toy and didn’t consider the future complications of WAN BABBEHS syndrome that befalls most mares.

Excellent points and I will ponder them as I write my next fluffy story. I, too, enjoy these discussions. :grinning:

1 Like

Beach ball mummahs are the best :glee: expecially ferals it makes for very interesting scenarios