Lessons on Microfluffs (father_dan_the_man)

So I have pet isopods for my children because they’re an easier and more durable pet to have and surprisingly entertaining. But we technically have three different kinds of isopod, all of them varying in shape and size.

Naturally this lead me to daydreaming about fluffs about the same size as our isopods. We have these light orange ones that only get as big as the tip of lead on a pencil. And we’ll this happened:

This means I’ve drawn microfluffs in several different sizes now but it’s just all apart of the Dancanon. You can get some the size of a quarter and some as small as a grain of rice.

Isopod pics:

Also yes I know they’re not technically insects but I don’t want people to click and get grossed out on accident.

20 Likes

What a cute concept! Isopod sized fluffies would be adorable. I wonder if all sizes of micro-fluffs would be able to live together,like your isopods can?

2 Likes

In Dancanon they can! Just like my isopods. But just like them they will just eat each other and the dead if they don’t get enough food supply or have a stressful habitat.

In my country we call this bug Stonoga or Prosionek.
I love them.

1 Like

I love learning other names for them because here my kiddos call them rolly pollies. Our Zebra striped ones are the only ones that actually roll up though.

1 Like

Oh, cute :smile:

1 Like

Small invertebrates make some of the best pets tbh; I say this as someone who has owned many snails. Hmm… maybe there should be fluffy subspecies based on some invertebrates?

1 Like

I totally dig that idea! And I’d totally draw it if I could make it look right. Maybe I’ll give it a shot.

2 Likes

It is true isopod hours also I love fluffies being that tiny

2 Likes

Howbowt fluffy-sized isopods?
(Bathyonomus Giganteus)
images

3 Likes

Sowbugs, pillbugs or roly-polies.

1 Like

Pill bugs is what the Animal Crossing game calls them. But then later one they added giant water isopods as well.

2 Likes

When i was a kid we had landscaping in our backyard. Every so often I’d pull up the stones and edging bricks to see what was underneath. Pillbugs and sowbugs were everywhere!

1 Like