Life In The Post-Fluffy World (Pastry_Knight)

I live in a (now) snowy part of the world. Wake up one morning and look outside to see a lumpy mound; 4-5 feet tall, and at least 10 in diameter, covered with snow, but tufts of multicoloured fluff and the occasional leg stick out.

Looks like ferals got into my garden again. Something about the high fencing providing enough shelter from the wind to make fluffies bivouac in a large fluffpile huddling together for warmth. Happens once or twice a year. There was a foot or two of snow last night, and I can’t see any movement or rising breath fog so they have to be dead.

With them dead in the snow there was no point in going out right away. So I have a leisurely high fat fried breakfast, wash it down with steaming black coffee that I may or may not have added some Cognac to. Read the news, surprise surprise, food riots in the third world, AGAIN.

Fluffies really fucked global food production, the rich nations of the world could afford to buy up what was available, but everyone else starved, been a few years since the famine and they still struggle to get anything but fluffy meat outside the first world. So many people starving and the resultant unrest burned most of Africa, Central Asia and surprise surprise the middle east. All the soot and crap in the air dropped global temperatures 5 degrees in two years, this crashed the gulf stream so Europe froze over.

Upsides:

• I don’t need to hear anyone talking about global warming anymore.
  • Europe’s too cold for asylum seekers to get to so I don’t need to hear people banging on about that anymore.
  • I got a job at the newly opened Peak District Ski Area.

Downsides:

• Its fucking March and its still snowing in Yorkshire.
  • Somehow the Tories are still in charge and are still confused at the concept of actually salting roads.

Look out the window at the the mound of dead fluffies and the expanse of cold white bullshit and mutter to myself “Fuck you shitrats.”

Time to deal with the snow and its victims. Put on some old ski salopettes on, a jumper, another jumper, an old military surplus winter greatcoat before some warm gloves. Grab the garbage bags with the biohazard symbol on, A household staple in the post-fluffy world.

Crunch a path through the snow. Start prying the dead icecube fluffies out of the pile, some take a good few hard yanks to separate. Some of the death poses really would pull on the heart strings had they not been fluffies.

The outside of the pile seemed to be mostly stallions, they had died with looks of fear, confusion and sadness on their faces, protecting their women and young. Once the frozen stallion crust was peeled back I started to find the mares, Mothers frozen curled up around their foals, I would pick up a mare and there would be a pair of foals still hanging, frozen to the teat. The fluffies all seemed to have been mostly dry but their face fluff were solid ice. They all died crying. Found a mare that had gone into labour, the fluids of which had frozen the fluffies under and behind her, I never found the newborns so they were either frozen inside or had been eaten to save them the horror of existence.

As I walk around, trampling down the snow I trip over a solid lump on the ground, I realise its a fluffy totally hidden under the snow, I find 3 fluffies, each holding the tail of the one in front in their mouths to stay together. They must have attempted to flee when it became clear they were gonna freeze in the fluffpile. They made it about 15 feet.

I grab a fluffy and while cold and dead, its not frozen, I hold it up an inspect it, A dead foal slips out of its mouth, down the pub I heard that fluffies would try that to keep their foals warm, also heard that like half the time they forgot they did that and swallow them.

Fucking fluffies.

I have filled half a dozen bags, I carry them to the pavement outside my house for collection alongside the other garbage. Crunch over to the rest of the pile, another 3 bags or at most. Over my heavy breathing , crinkling of the fresh bag and my cold weather clothing I hear a tiny high pitched croaky voice “h… hewp… c-c-c-c-cowd…” Look down at a shivering and shuddering stallion, they are lying on top of two heavily pregnant ex-fluffies.

They are jowly fucker, fatter than every other fluffy so far, right in the middle of the pile and with some insulating blubber, surprised I say “I didn’t expect to find any of you guys still breathing.” as I pick up the last survivor.

“s-sss-s-smawty c-c-c-cowd h-huu-huumin g-g-g-gib w-warm h-h-housie…” Fat chance of that, we had a nice warm planet before fluffies fucked that up. Put the smarty in the half full biohazard bag. They make confused noises “W-whh-whuuuu?” as I drop his ground insulation mares in the bag on top of him, before closing up the bag and dropping it off on the curb along with the rest.

Go back inside, strip off most of my extra layers before putting the kettle on, I need more coffee. Fucking freezing out there.

57 Likes

It is not GOVERNMENTS job to…

5 Likes

Maintain basic infrastructure and protect the grain silo from getting raided or burned down like it was 10k fucking years ago when the first governments were formed?

6 Likes

Sigh… Fluffies might make our current apocalypse much more entertaining.

7 Likes

David Cameron won his re-election when news of him sticking his dick in the mouth of a dead Fluffy delighted the upper-class voters who had been sticking their dicks in the mouths of live Fluffies for years and felt represented by the Eton Mess of a fucking PM

On the plus side though, using the mouth-to-tail technique to stay together is actually quite clever. Granted it didn’t work out but it was a good idea.

11 Likes

So you want GOVERNMENT to solve all your problems!

1 Like

i ,ove this so much.

1 Like

in my headcanon now all of your fluffies have squawking, singsongy northern accents.

2 Likes

nothing like general winter to break these shitrats, I would also live in an area that cold just to see how many of those shitrats try to ask me for things xD

3 Likes

Cool story though I always find it difficult to believe something as universally goddamn useless as fluffies could do anything to the world. Except shit on the sidewalk.

5 Likes

Unless multiple megaherds were simultaneously released in multiple places of the country at once, I couldn’t see the first released group of fluffies surviving their first encounter with an angry farmer lmao

I think the only way they could be a problem would be like, unimaginably fast breeding. Like, single day gestation periods or something like that

1 Like

You have inspired me a lot, I am with writings focused on wild animals (and my own lore), but it had not occurred to me to make very short writings about life after flufflipsis, great work, I really liked how the man has not even shown any emotion, I think stepping on shit would have given it more “drama” than seeing a foal frozen in the female’s pussy, while it was born in hell.

(google traductor)

2 Likes

Still climate change though. And the globe is probably still getting fucked.

Are you English btw? Like Uk native I mean

I am still aghast that the first episode of Black Mirror I saw was not as messed up as reality. I can choose to get an Irish or UK passport, and I’m feeling pretty green…

People would be less afraid of climate engineering in a scenario like this, globe is definitely fucked.

And yes I am a UK native.

I’m not allowed to not pay them so I want them to actually do what they promise to do with that money, rather than giving it to their mates.

2 Likes

One of my favorite fluffy artists is British. So sad. Kidding.

People didn’t take them seriously, thinking that they would die out as ferals or just not cause that much damage, but megaherds developed quickly gorging themselves on agricultural products, there is only so much a farmer can do against thousands of fluffies filtering onto their land every day.

And I go for relatively short gestation, large litter sizes and quick development to sexual maturity so populations explode.

3 Likes

Not the bleedin’ Tories!

Actually… has anyone genetically tested Boris to prove he’s not a poorly shaved fluffy?

2 Likes