Lil Champ Part 5 (OtherCoraline)

Aww yiss.

With how good you are at making fluffies look sad and miserable, this could be some weapon grade sadbox.

5 Likes

It all feels like a realistic scenario that could happen in a fluffy inhabited universe, so I like the drama and the tension, even if Champ gets a sad(or worse) ending :heart:

4 Likes

I can definitely see this reasonably happen. Heā€™s a foal, heā€™s a fluffy, and heā€™s disabled. He sees on the TV that his position isnā€™t the norm and his reality is SHATTERED. He doesnā€™t know why his daddy left (even if he was told or not doesnā€™t really matter, since comprehension could be completely out the window), but knows that there are other BETTER fluffies out there. Combine this with the fact that he knows heā€™s just a possession or pet (whether thatā€™s programmed or societal) and this is a completely valid response. Is it a good one? No, but the poor thing is the equivalent of an autistic 3 year old being told that heā€™s not only disabled, but a FREAK.

I feel sorry for the poor guy. He doesnā€™t deserve what the cousin is going to do, but the cousin has no concept of what taking care of a fluffy is. Combine that with the social acceptance that murdering a fluffy is not really seen as a bad thing (and even torturing them isnā€™t even punished), getting easily frustrated and punishing the foal inappropriately is well within his mindset. If he was a fluffy pet owner, it might be different.

This is pretty analogous of what goes on IRL, but replace fluffy with autistic toddler and physical outburst with an emotional one. Cousin doesnā€™t have kids, so he doesnā€™t understand why the child is acting the way he is. The child is just an ungrateful, annoying, crybaby, piece of shit.

6 Likes

Little Champā€™s premise is flawed due to working with incomplete information. What YOU presented is right on, and reflects that fact.

I probably said it wrong, honestly. I never took debate. Anyhow, his lack of information, emotional state, and being JUST smart enough to hurt him is all rolled up to lead to his course of action. Which is now horribly off course compared to where he wants to go/be/needs.

2 Likes

Ah darn, missed whatever this was. Iā€™m sure it was a good comment/reply, whatever it was. Always is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oooohhh. Yeah. Iā€™m trying to use reasonable misinformation and miscommunication to drive the conflict so no one individual comes off as a raging asshat. :joy:

Thanks for the clarification, Iā€™m happy to hear I hit the mark :grin:

Oh, I feel like I spam comment threads sometimes. I moved that comment and tagged you in the comment I replied to Karn. You didnā€™t miss anything :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ive got a friend whose children have diagnosed neurological issues. One of her friends kept telling them they didnā€™t need help or to see the doctor, they just needed an ass whipping. That was his answer for EVERYTHING when they acted up.

Havenā€™t seen that dude in a long time and donā€™t miss him. Heard he got married. Hope his wife can set him straight regarding his ignorance, but not hopeful.

1 Like

Iā€™m used to putting my foot in my mouth, and will keep trying to communicate better. Youā€™re doing great. I quite like this format too. Very complimentary :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lil Champā€™s conclusions are interesting, not a route Iā€™ve seen before. I like the growing misunderstandings, getting a look into the cousinā€™s thoughts makes it better. Better for me, definately not for Lil Champ haha. Heā€™s much cuter heart broken like this.

2 Likes

I completely love your art-style.

3 Likes

Aww. I love yours! :hugs: itā€™s like a mixture of Wolfram and RQ. They look look so scruffy and they are so tiny! It really emphasizes that they were designed to be toys. Helpless, pathetic, and scruffy toys :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

But yours seem more pro lmao.

I actually tried to do your style but I couldnā€™t, so I had to do that mix between Wolfram and RQ with some own details because I suck at drawing

1 Like

I would have broken his last leg (I say some pretext are fluffies break themselves) fuck put me in a bad mood with his tantrum :angry:

I like how you are continuing the story :sunglasses::+1:

4 Likes

Look at my early stuff (first panel if Hickory). It was garbage stuff. But keep at it and you eventually find your groove and your own style. :+1:

I am legit embarrassed at my older stuff. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s a sure sign of growth though!
Granted, most artists are FAR more understanding of otherā€™s beginnings than they are of their own!

1 Like

Iā€™m curious if your lore has abuse being illegal in areas. Itā€™s a surprising change of pace since many of the stories from the community make abuse seem like a necessary evil for the sake of fluffy population control.

2 Likes

I might be wrong but I think @OtherCoraline meant abuse was popular in places where fluffies were legal. Abuse might be illegal in some places but I think that would mean ā€œyou have a living fluffy, and you shouldā€™ve just killed itā€ because the fluffy itself was illegal to own/possess.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a great combination of comic and story. Also, Lil Champ is so pitifulā€¦

2 Likes

So this guys knows enough about fluffies to understand what a ā€˜Sorry boxā€™ is but doesnā€™t know that they are extremely emotional/childlike.
Also, didnā€™t the owner say they were good with kids? I get that this is probably his first time encountering a fluffy in person but kids arenā€™t that much different.

Such a shame that he didnā€™t listen to any of the instructions left for him, this couldā€™ve gone much MUCH better.

Great stuff, looking forward to the next part.

1 Like

just so you know
artist-kun 2012

artist-kun 2020

you have potential, just keep perfecting your skills

5 Likes