Links to The Sam Adams Guide, by Oculus

After seeing @MossyFluff’s post here, I have decided to post the links to everything I have done on the Samuel Adams Guide in this post. (also I am somewhat inspired by @differential_Sloth’s own archive of his work)

The Samuel Adams Guide (or as its officially known, “Mr. Adams’ Guide to Practical Fluffs”) is a hugbox series that pays tribute to the major hugbox artists of the booru (such as @Muffin and @Pinkyfluffy ), as well as neutralbox artists with substantial hugbox content (such as @Carpdime and @emotionalsupportfluffy ). The idea came about when I noticed that different artists have different designs on fluffies, and thus depicted them radically different from each other. While the series was mostly in text and had little to no illustrations when it was on the booru, the reuploads to fluffycommunity as well as the subreddit rely heavily on illustrations. It is also posted in the hopes that I can get a feedback on the series up till its current point.

The Sam Adams Guide

Timeline (as of 20th August 22)

Chart - Fluffy Pony Breed Types (Teaser for the Sam Adams Guide)

Prologue - Sam Adams Guide Prologue: Entries from the Diary of Sam Adams (Author:Oculus)

Chapter 1 (Yehdoo, Waggytail, Carpdime, Foxhoarder) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 1 - Yehdoo, Waggytail, Carpdime and Foxhoarder (Author:Oculus)

Chapter 2 (Gowdie, McGonagall, MarcusMaximus, Fluffus) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 2 - Gowdie, McGonagall, MarcusMaximus and Fluffus (Author:Oculus)

Sam visits Muffin (Muffin) - Sam Adams pays a visit to Muffin in Hospital (Author:Oculus)

Chapter 3 (Buwwito, AIDS, FierceDeityLynx) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 3 - Buwwito, AIDS, FierceDeityLynx (Author:Oculus)

Chapter 4 (GRANPA156, Pumpiikin and Squeakyfriend) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 4 - GRANPA156, Pumpiikin, Squeakyfriend (Author:Oculus)

Sam presents the ESF (EmotionalSupportFluffy) - Sam Adams presents: the Emotional Support Fluffy (Author: Oculus & EmotionalSupportfluffy)

April Fools/Halloween Special (Fluffsplosion, InkiePie, Filliacacophony) - Sam Adams Guide April Fools/Halloween Special - Fluffsplosion, InkiePie and Fillialcacophony

Sam checks up on Muffin - Sam Adams checks up on Muffin (Artist:Muffin)

Chapter 5 Episode 1 (Mutagen) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 5 - Episode 1 - Mutagen Tribute

Chapter 5 Episode 2 (KMEB) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 5 - Episode 2 - KMEB Tribute

Gaiden 1 (Renaissance & Mangoalie, Fwuffee & Mutagen) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 5 - Episode 1 - Mutagen Tribute

Chapter 6 (PeppermintParchment, Phantomfluffy and Pinkyfluffy) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 6 - PeppermintParchment, PhantomFluffy, Pinkyfluffy (Author: Oculus)

Chapter 6 - Italiano Edition (Pinkyfluffy) - Samuel Adams presents the Pinkyfluffy (Author:Oculus) (translated by Gmonty)

Gaiden 2 (Mirk & Greentea) - Sam Adams Gaiden II - Mirk & Greentea (Author:Oculus)

Chapter 7 (Coalheart, MrPaint, Fosterfluffy) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 7 - Coalheart, Mrpaint and Fosterfluffy (Author: Oculus)

Sam interviews Tumbly - Sam Adams interviews Tumbly (Artist:Muffin)

Gaiden 3 - Sam Adams Gaiden III (Author:Oculus)

Chapter 8 Episode 1 (Black-Dragon-Blood, or BDB) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 8 - Episode 1 - Black-Dragon-Blood (BDB) Tribute

Chapter 8 Episode 2 (Meh) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 8 - Episode 2 - MEH Tribute

Chapter 9 (Fluffybooru) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 9 - The End? (Author:Oculus)

Chapter 10 (Mixxermike622 and Art-Anon) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 10 - Mixermike622 and Art-Anon Tribute

Index of the Sam Adams Guide Volume 1 - Index of the Sam Adams Guide - Volume 1 (Author:Oculus)

nɘbiɒӘ ƨmɒbA mɒƧ = nediaG smadA maS - nɘbiɒӘ ƨmɒbA mɒƧ = nediaG smadA maS (Author:Oculus)

Chapter 11 Episode 1 (Pillows) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 11 - Episode 1 - Pillows Tribute (Author: Oculus & Pillows)

Sam presents the Pillows breed (Pillows) - Sam Adams presents: the Pillows breed (Author: Oculus & Pillows)

Chapter 11 Episode 2 (Spoons) - Sam Adams Guide Chapter 11 - Episode 2 - Spoons Tribute (Author: Oculus)

Sam presents the Mutagen breed (Mutagen) - Sam Adams presents: the Mutagen (Author: Oculus & Mutagen)

It happened about a year ago… - It happened about a year ago..... (Author: Oculus, with art by Muffin)

The Archive - The Archive (Author: Oculus)

Showdown aboard the Diamond Dog - Report 4: Showdown (Author: Oculus, with art by Trefoiler)

Gaiden 4 (Aquafluffies) - Sam Adams Gaiden IV - Aquafluffies (Author: Oculus)

~

Addendums and References (as of 18th December 21)

Index of Volume 1 (first 10 chapters) - Index of the Sam Adams Guide - Volume 1 (Author:Oculus)

~

Illustrations

Samuel Adams and his fluffies (Artist:Cookiecrunch) - Samuel Adams and his fluffies (Artist:Cookiecrunch)

Prince of the Carpdime breed (Artist: Carpdime) - Prince, from Oculus's Sam Adam's Guide (Artist:Carpdime)

Joseph of the Squeakyfriend breed (Artist: Squeakyfriend) - Joseph (from the Sam Adam's Guide) for OculusFluffy (Artist: SqueakyFriend)

Sam checks up on Muffin - Sam Adams checks up on Muffin (Artist:Muffin)

Sam interviews Tumbly - Sam Adams interviews Tumbly (Artist:Muffin)

Supe_Fluff versus the PostFluff! (Artist:EmotionalSupportFluffy)] - Supe_Fluff versus the PostFluff! (Artist:EmotionalSupportFluffy)

Postfluff: The Sam Adams Guide Ending - Postfluff: The Sam Adam's Guide Ending - (Commission by Oculus) (Artist:Mutagen)

~

I will be updating this archive from time to time, since I am still in the midst of uploading this series to the Fluffyhugbox subreddit, as well as the Fluffycommunity subreddit and my pastebin.

10 Likes

To start of the discussion (if there’s any), I consider Gaiden 2 to be my weakest entry, and am tempted to retcon it out. In addition, the death of the booru, as well as certain events that have come to light has sort of influenced where I may go next in Chapter 8.

3 Likes

Though it is a bit disorienting I do feel that Gaiden 2 is pretty important to providing context to Other Sam as well as the existing worlds across the fandom.

3 Likes

Just uploaded the teaser tothe Sam Adams Guide. I will still be updating the OP though,a s there are some chapters that will be reddit exclusive until I’ve caught up with posting them all.

2 Likes

I think I finally know where to go with Other Sam. It is the one thing I’ve been grappling with, but I finally have a strong idea as to his endgame as well as motives.

Speaking with, finally got found to writing Chapter 9. It’s a pretty big one.

Since @Virgil had to remove a major tag for the purpose of cleanup (which I can understand) I decided to take the time to update the links to all the entries of the Sam Adams Guide that is on this site. I have also removed the subreddit and pastebin links as they are more bloat.

For the current moment, I am using @CookieCrunch’s image of Sam and four of his closest fluffies as the cover art for this index.

The next few chapters of the Sam Adams Guide will cover Bluefluff, at least one other artist, and an interview/feature with @mutagen, who has returned to the Fluffy pony fandom recently.