Sam Adams Guide Prologue: Entries from the Diary of Sam Adams (Author:Oculus)

Entries from the Diary of Sam Adams

by Oculus

26th February 2020

Someone once said to me that all fluffies ‘look the same’. Or that they are ‘all the same’. And I found that comment a little absurd. Mainly because Fluffies can look and act so different from each other. For an example, you can’t confuse a Carpdime fluffy, with a Coalheart fluffy. Or a Foxhoarder from a Fwuffee. So many different fluffies were put out into the public, but there has been a lack of observation regarding the different breeds that Hasbio has put out into the world.

Just to clarify, I use the word “breed”, the way one would describe a Manx, Sphinx and Calico cat. Or a Dalmatian, Beagle and Daschund for dogs. These are not subspecies, such a seafluffies, fluffalos and so on. Fluffies of different breeds are still part of the umbrella group of the main fluffy biotoy line released by Hasbio, and thus, are able to interbreed. One thing that caught my attention was that the Gowdie breed was the result of breeding between the Mutagen, Marcusmaximus and Aichi lines. ( >>8245 ) Because fluffies, as biotoys, have genetics, different fluffy breeds have distinct morphological traits including body size, skull shape, and fluff type. In addition, breeding of a particular line of animal will change over time as it is with bull terriers. This can be explained by Hasbio manually switching the genetics of a particular fluffy breed they are officially release, or subtle influences of other breeds on a particular line.

I have decided to devote my time towards understanding the different fluffy breeds, as well as the conventions that are common among certain breeds. I will also consider unique breeds that don’t really have a type, such as the Yehdoo, McGonagall, and currently, the Waggytail.

Illustration of Domestic Carpdimes, one of the more popular Type 1 breeds ( >>28224 ) (Artist:Carpdime)

The most common type of fluffy breed, or the Type 1 as I call them, are what I call the “munchkin” or “boar” breeds. They trace their lineage to breeds such as the Marcusmaximus and Santanon lines. These breeds are typified by a rotund body, much like members of Suiidae, and thick stubby legs with large hooves. For these fluffies, fluff is evenly spread around the body. Due to the influence and popularity of breeds such as the Marcusmaximus and the Carpdime, this type of breed has endured and is the common depiction of fluffies as most people know them.

The size of these fluffies, being about the size of a small pig or large teddy bear, means that they are roughly the size of a human mid-section, including chest and abdomen. When running, these type of fluffies can only manage a slow waddle, ( >>27404 ) and thus are not capable of speeds like the Waggytail, Yehdoo, and recently, the Pumpiikin. ( >>50486 , >>23356 , >>56153 )

Marcusmaximus foal when shaved (>>3951) (Artist:Marcusmaximus)

carpdime foal

The average Carpdime foal ( >>24146 ) (Artist: Carpdime)

As with dog and cat breeds, each fluffy breed has their own unique traits. Carpdime foals, unlike Marcusmaximus foals, usually have short or little fluff, a trait which was observed in Marcusmaximus foals when shaved. This genetic trait has been passed on to breeds descended from the Carpdime, namely the AIDS and FierceDeityLynx.

Illustration of Domestic Gowdies, a well-known Type 2 breed ( >>9397 ) (Artist:Gowdie)

Another type of breed I noticed was the Type 2, which I call the ferret/daschund breeds. These type of fluffies have a longer body to head ratio compared to the Type 1 and have a leg configuration different from other fluffies. Mobility among Type 2 seems limited, except in certain cases. The best way to contrast it is to put a Type 1 and a Type 2 fluffy on their back. ( >>1323 , >>28224 ) Also, Type 2 fluffies legs tend to have less fluff than their main body. ( >>201 ). These type of fluffies used to have a bit more presence back in the day but are not as prevalent now. As far as I know, only Foxhoarder and Muffin breeds are the Type 2 breeds still being released by Hasbio.

I have compiled my observations of these fluffy breeds into a sort of chart. I have noticed that some fluffy enthusiasts have tried to replicate well-known fluffies among other breeds, but, and because of the difference in breeds, the results will not be the same. ( >>4160 , >>41815 ) As I am not a biologist or a geneticist, and its been ages since I last touched a high school science textbook, I am covering this entirely as an amateur.

On a side note, a friend of mine is planning a visit to me tomorrow and wants me to introduce him (or was it a her? Haven’t talked to them for ages now) to the fluffies I own. I might take the time to research fluffies while thinking of what breed might best suited to them.

1st March

I’ve recently attended one of the chains of the Marco Maximisio’s Coffee. One of the early fluffy cafes, the original cafe pioneered the use of fluffies as both a distributor of coffee to the customer, as well as something for the customers to hug or spend time with, much in the same vein as pet cafes. The café featured a very endearing fluffy couple and foals, with the most famous member being the ‘mummah’ Beanie. The character was so popular that the owner opened up various chains and paid for breeders to provide similar fluffies that looked like Beanie to these chains.

Comparison between original Gowdie and recreations (Artists: Gowdie, Santanon and Black-Dragon-Blood)

However, because fluffy breeds weren’t really known at the time, some off the fluffy chains ended up accommodating fluffies that had the same fluff and eye colouration as Beanie but, coming from a different breed, looked nothing like the original Beanie, which was of the Gowdie breed The cafe I attended today had a Black Dragon Blood fluffy that had the same colours as Beanie, but couldn’t pass off as one.

April 5th

My friend has been missing for a good while, ( >>56408 ) and I have been assigning my team to scour time and space for him. So far, we’ve found nothing. Feeling frustrated, I decided to go for a walk. The Pumpiikin fluffy that I have acquired, named Photoshop, has been too much of a Smarty. I’m thinking of selling him back to get a new one. John and Bull have been rather active as guard fluffalos though, so their purchase was worth it. ( >>56151 )

Comparison between original Avocado and recreation (Artists: Carpdime and Pumpiikin)

I decided to go for a walk to cool off when, along the way, I met a friend who was walking his pet fluffy. It was a green fluffy, modelled after the famous Carpdime fluffy, Avocado. ( >>22672 ) However, this fluffy my friend had was a Pumpiikin, and it was then I noticed that her fluffy had fairly dainty legs and small hooves, and was fairly agile. ( >>55744 ) Upon reaching home, I checked google and compared the Pumpiikin fluffies, with the Carpdime fluffies, and noticed the dainty hooves and thinner legs, as well as increased agility, traits not common amongst Type 1s, but were coming among fluffies of the Fwuffee, BabbehTeef, Pumpiikin and Shadysmarty type. An engineer who worked on the Pumpiikin breed mentioned to me once that they based the Pumpiikin off the earlier Shadysmarty breed.

April 20th

I have updated the chart to include a Type 3, to reflect the convention common among breeds such as the Fwuffee, BabbehTeef, Pumpiikin and Shadysmarty. Finding the similarities between the different breeds is not an exact science, however, and this categorization of the breeds may change given time.

On a side note, I am planning to go to an aquarium tomorrow. The head of the aquarium just recently acquired a batch of Sea Fluffies made under the PeppermintParchment project. ( >>36402 ) Such seafluffies are rare, and I have enjoyed the geneticists work on other fluffies.

Pastebin entry: SAM0 - Entries from the Diary of Sam Adams - Pastebin.com

continued in Part 1

20 Likes

Previous Teaser entry: Fluffy Pony Breed Types (Teaser for the Sam Adams Guide)

The prequel to the “Sam Adams Guide” series, now uploaded to the main site. Aspects of this write-up were originally going to be in Part 6, but because it didn’t fit the narrative, I decide to restructure it as diary entries by Samuel Adams. Included are some of the charts which I use to reflect the noticeable art conventions in fluffy depictions, which serves for the basis of this series - where different artists are depicted as different fluffy “breeds”. This entry also works as an introduction to what the series is about. It has mild spoilers for later events in the series, but doesn’t give away anything too specific.

Additional Credits:

Type 1 chart - Carpdime, Black-Dragon-Blood, Buwwito, MarcusMaximus, FierceDeityLynx, Meh

Type 2 chart - Coalheart, Foxhoarder, Fillialcacophony, Muffin, Gowdie

Type 3 chart - Pumpiikin, Fwuffee, Shadysmarty, Babbehteef

This entry, and the later chapters of the Sam Adams Guide until Chapter 8 used the original Fluffybooru numbering system for reference. This numbering system will be preserved in the upload, as archives for booru content currently exist.

Chapters 1 and 2 will be uploaded tomorrow onwards, but for now, this entry marks the beginning of my tribute series to the hugboxers and hugbox content of the neutralboxers of Fluffybooru.

Lastly, for anyone who is a little impatient and wants to read the rest of the Sam Adams Guide, the guide is also uploaded to pastebin: OculusFluffy's Pastebin - Pastebin.com
Additional links can also be found here: Links to The Sam Adams Guide, by Oculus - #4 by Oculusfluffy

3 Likes

Oooh I love this! Very interesting how you translated different styles into different breeds, especially when you bring speed and agility into it! I think mine fall into the tenderfeet category. This is really informative and I’m looking forward to seeing your analysis on sea fluffies! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Whenever I see this series I can only ever imagine the Sam Adams Brewery having branched off into Fluffies.

Guess I’ll have to give that beer a try!

I dont know how much you write but god damn you know how to make goof stories and very interesting things

1 Like