Look for ideas: Fluffy Jobs!

Hrm… that’d be interesting. They’d be semi-feral or highly independent then?

Yeah

1 Like
  • dont know what to call it but if some1 has a child whos a picky eater fluffys could be used to say the things like veggies r yummy while eating infront of the kids cause kids r a gullible
  • depending on the head cannon ( wither ur team the hoofed animals died or team not) fluffys could be used to eat food scraps from food processing places, or the fruits and veggies deemed not good looking enough for stores, food passed its sell by date, ext…
  • in homes could be used to eat the organic matter helping reduce waste headed to landfills.
  • train them to sniff out things like I.E.D.s or landmines and once found they could either have a small explosive on a harness or go back to their handler to get it and place it on or near the device and once the fluffy is back and safe detonate the weapon.
  • if its a job on a farm things like nut harvesting or used as weed controllers or farm pest control for smaller pests.
  • support animal for animals like how places have a dog befriend cheetas in zoos.
  • extra guards for endangered animals conservation efforts.
  • if part of a cleaning service they could be used to help clean things like hard to reach areas or vents with fluffy sized vaccumes or a light weight hose they can drag around in the areas.
  • cable runners
  • trash cleaners in places like parks or streets.
5 Likes

The emotional support fluffy is the perennial option simply because they were designed as comfort objects/animals; this can extend to multiple ages but I think they’d have a big presence in retirement homes (substitute grandchildren, as sad as it would be, for more than a few people I’m sure). As others have noted, I could see them also as being a possible alternative in some instances to caregivers if there are abused children as they might open up to them in a way they wouldn’t to adults.

Given that they’re so close to human children, I could actually see baby food taste testers as a possibility since they would provide clear (if slightly mangled) feedback on whatever is being given to them. Plus, win-win from the fluffy ponies’ perspectives since even if they don’t like what they’re being given, it’s still a free source of food.

Rescue operations, at least in some limited capacities, might be something to consider if you could somehow get them to overcome their innate fear of basically everything. They’re small enough that they could seek out people in hard to reach spaces and get authorities to people trapped underneath things, inside of things, etc.

Seeing eye ponies on its surface might seem like a really bad idea but, again, the fact they can communicate with people is a big plus if they can be trained right (noticing a pattern?). Granted, they’d probably never replace animals like dogs since they’re not that strong, but the fact they tend to move pretty slowly means that they might be able to react to dangers like oncoming cars, etc. before their owner would even have the possibility of being hurt by them.

2 Likes

A bit weird and sort riffs off of the police work that everyone is talking about. There is a job for actors that requires them to act like abused children. This is to train the officers on how to get information from children for key evidence. In the same thread there might be fluffy that have to teach officers how to talk to fluffies. Getting a fluffy to talk about what they saw or what scared them that night could be tricky with out training and context.

4 Likes

True but it’s better if the kid doesn’t think it’s trained to basically integrate them about their abuse or whatever it is they are try to figure out but keep their “SAFE ROOM” as a two way mirror or with hidden mics as the kids talk to the fluffys cause the fluffys natural curiosity questions and kids trust cuite things if it promises to keep it a secret

2 Likes

Oh I read that wrong I dont think it would be that hard to get a fluffy to open up to anyone as long they earn their trust first and as we all mostly know a simple im a nice mista will work 9x out of 10

1 Like

@lemonlimeskull @Chikahiro @LostDauphin I guess I should link this:

A piece I co-authored with @emotionalsupportfluffy . Although its set within my own Sam Adams Guide multiverse, the specific ideas about an emotional support fluffy breed all belong to ESF, hence the credit.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of overlap, though. And while I’ve drawn a lot of influence from DBZ, I try to avoid going full shonen. It would be boring if every fight was won by whoever can fire the biggest energy blast. Plus, it’s fun coming up with different ways to resolve conflicts.

As for my superpowered fluffies, usually they do the things that normal fluffies can’t do. They fight the battles that normal fluffies can’t.

But they can do mundane things, Cal thinks it’s vital to keep doing normal things. Because it’s hard to live in two worlds.

So I’m definitely gonna think about this. I think a nice compromise would be the fluffies using their powers for mundane purposes. Like, I’ve got a terrakinetic fluffy who could help a feral herd dig out new rooms in their den. Or bury their dead.

1 Like

I imagine sorry poopies as a kamihamiha, slow build up flashing background and all…

1 Like

That’s actually a joke i had for Napowean and Hippolyta…

2 Likes

toddler’ toys beta tester :v

4 Likes

-Fluffies could help with finding mold inside walls and other places humans can’t reach.
-Helpers at garages and workshops, finding dropped nuts and bolts, and holding lights for human mechanics working in tight spaces.
-Watching the counter in quiet shops and calling the shopkeeper when customers arrive. Or on automated gas station as such work as the first line of customer service to spell out the basic instructions.

2 Likes

I think that maybe a manner teacher like they tech other fluffy abc,s manners and how too use the litter box so that they can get more money for them

1 Like

Not quite safe, but consider the following:

Medical Hug Provider

Fluffies, like any other animal, sometimes get sick. Sometimes they get sick with very contagious diseases, sometimes they undergo treatments that destroy the immune system, and in the case of Fluffy AIDS, sometimes the fluffy has both a contagious disease AND a destroyed immune system. In any case, another fluffy giving them huggies is a death sentence, either for the patient or for the other fluffy. Nonetheless, fluffies are very empathetic animals and need friendship and huggies to keep their morale up. This is where medical hug providers come in. These fluffies are specially selected, trained and conditioned to hug other fluffies while wearing protective gear. MHPs are regularly innoculated against every fluffy disease for which there is an inoculation as an additional protective measure. Most MHPs burn out after a year at which time they’re adopted out as pets to medical workers. (MHPs might in fact be the only pets to actually comprehend what most medical workers go through.)

2 Likes

I love this one!

1 Like

Nummie taste tester

1 Like

A planter, helping farmers or environment org preplanting putting seeds on some cut down tree areas.

Gatherer , helping on the farm plucking veggies or fruits .

Wanted micro as mining mineral explorer or house inspector for termite / rat infestation but its a bit “at risk” jobs which not on your list of such.

1 Like

So, had someone on Reddit suggest fluffies for supporting folks with Autism and D.I.D. (Dissociative identity disorder - Wikipedia). So, pondering it, I answered them with:

Is this DID?

Dissociative identity disorder - Wikipedia

I’m /really/ not sure I’m qualified to tackle this one.

Biggest thing is, like I said, I don’t want to trivialize things for people with autism or DID nor do them a disservice with going in and doing it half-assed. I did just an initial search and got a load of stuff I can’t make heads or tails of, and can’t tell what’s good information versus harmful/wrong but well intentioned.

Thank you for the suggestion :slight_smile:

I do like the idea, and pondering how it could be made to work (probably by prescription, but not mentioning anything specific). But this’ll be my official stance on things related to/tangential to that sort of role.

1 Like

After some discussion with CHika on here: Avocado's Empathy for an Alley Fluff (Artist: Carpdime) (FB id: 22875)

Homeless shelter volunteer - Walking the tables with little wagons behind them. Or jacks with business cards on them for counseling, social services, etc. Help cheer up the kids.

I plan to write a chapter of Avocado revolving around this diea, though Avocado would mostly do it as a volunteer as opposed to an “actual job”.

2 Likes