Lovesick - part 11 - by Spaghettidave

Lovesick part 11

Spring was quickly chasing away winter. The snow almost forgotten, the breeze crisp and full of potential. Trees were turning green, the nature was blooming. Fluffies were out in full force. Mothers with weanlings, and soon mummah’s both searching for food, or a new home. Smarties and their herds that made it through the harsh winter were attempting to usurp yards.

For Sammy, this was the best of times, and it was the worst of times. Many of her fluffies she had owned over the years were born feral, she had been convinced to help a mare out by taking a hungry mouth but she would never take in a family. She loved how defenseless and fragile the foals were, especially if they couldn’t talk, even more so if their eyes weren’t open yet.

Unfortunately for any other fluffies, her house was full, and no amount of pleading would get them some vacancy. She had three wonderful needy fluffies, all rescued in some manner. Jimi, formerly Prince, and also briefly The Fluffy Formerly Known as Prince, a deep purple and yellow stallion with lavender eyes who lost his leg due to his first idiot owner and assisted by a former coworker. Mocha, his sister, a chestnut colored pegasus with a dark brown mane and hazel eyes, she was not the smartest, even for a fluffy. The newest edition to her family is Nova, a black pegasus foal with deep blue eyes and maroon tail and mane. He was still a chirpy baby and still drinking from the bottle, which Sammy loved so much.

While she wasn’t heartless to the plight of fluffies, she had garbage kibble that was offered only in rare cases, and never in the summer. She would leave a bowl of water out front during the hotter months. On her covered porch was a small alcove that provided protection from what could turn into oppressive heat, and the polite fluffies would be allowed to shelter during the day. They were all warned it was a temporary sanctuary, only a few tested her patience, those troublemakers were introduced to the sorry broom.

Her fluffies, thankfully, hadn’t been as much trouble as they could be. Jimi was getting a bit emotional of sorts. After having relations with 'Tuffy, of the biblical kind, she had to get him fixed. While he hadn’t begged for a special friend, he was certainly lonely in a way having mummah and his sister around couldn’t satisfy.

Mocha had quickly abandoned the desire for babbehs. After getting her fixed under the guise of treatment for the encephalitis, the hormones pushing the need had abated, and having Nova around satisfied that need of a baby to take care of.

Both Nova and Mocha had managed to get past that traumatic event. Mocha understanding, with prompting from Sammy, that she was a terrible mother and a bad fluffy for how she treated Nova. She mused on how quickly Mocha attached herself to the foal, possibly because mentally they weren’t that far apart. Mocha wasn’t bright, even for a fluffy.

Nova, at the time was still a sightless crawling chirpy baby, must have forgotten that experience. With the attention from Sammy, and Mocha being more affectionate, he was growing into a very energetic, happy, and healthy foal.

Nova’s current favorite activity was to go exploring with Mocha. He was able to waddle about, but it was more common for him to be perched on Mocha’s head, pointing and chirping as they went exploring around the yard and house.

From the kitchen Sammy watched Nova waddle up to Mocha. She was sprawled out napping in the living room. -bop- right on her nose. “Chirp! Peep peeeep!”

Mochas eyes fluttered open, “hewwo Noba. Nu wan nappies?”

He started climbing awkwardly onto her side. “Peep chirp!”

“Yu wan gu ‘spwowin’?”

“Chirp!”

She gathered her legs under her and he happily nestled into her mane between her ears. “Mummah! Noba wan gu ‘spwowin’, can fwuffies gu ousside?” She pranced into the kitchen with her tail happily waving in the air.

Sammy giggled, little did those two know, she hid treats in very very easy to find spots around the yard. They weren’t necessarily hidden, most were right out in the open, on the cement patio or even on top of the tree root. “Okay, you two, have fun exploring!”

The door opened and Mocha carefully went down the steps, through the screen door Sammy could see Noba tap on Mocha’s head, point and chirp, and Mocha happily wandering around the yard. Every little bit she would hear Mocha exclaim, “wook, Noba, nummy tweats!”

The treats were soft enough for foals to eat, and Mocha shared each one with Nova. Nova was at the age he was going to start teething, but he was still on foal formula.

Sammy took a sip from her coffee mug, her attention on Mocha and Nova, but she could hear Jimi make his way to the living room. Having only three legs, the cadence of his steps was very different, two taps of his hooves were much louder than the single step. From the corner of her eye she could see him carrying 'Tuffy in his mouth.

“Are you about ready for lunch?” Sammy knew the answer, and was already gathering the food bowls, but Jimi didn’t answer, he plopped down on his rump and tossed his head, causing his mane to dramatically fall over his face.

Since the surgery of removing his boy parts, Jimi had become not just a bit emotional, but also had pulled away from Sammy. Well, if he wants to play these games… This act of being aloof was going to get him nowhere. “Mocha, Nova, it’s lunch time, c’mon in!”

It was long enough dealing with Jimi’s emotional defiance, she was going to make sure he remembered who needed who. From the garage she filled the safe room kibble bowls with the kibble that was as nutritious as wet cardboard. She didn’t even bother with the extra vitamin supplements. For lunch, the adult fluffies were getting canned food, a rare treat, only slightly more common than spaghetti, which she only offered once a month.

The pink and blue bowl both had a full can worth of spaghetti flavored wet slop. Nova, though, was going to get another bottle of formula. “Nummies time?” Mocha asked as she pawed at the door.

“Chirp?”

“Yes, nummies time, then you two are coming with me to work. Jimi, you’ll have to stay at home, okay?”

“Yus, mummah.”

The two adult fluffies dug into the food in their respective bowls while Sammy cradled Nova as he nursed from the bottle.

-smek smek smek-
-brrrrrraappppph-

Mocha giggled, “dat was a woud won, Noba!”

Sammy placed Nova in the litter box, reminding him to make good poopies and reminded Mocha to clean him up before they had to leave.

“Okay, big guy, my favorite widdle man fluffy, I got Fluff TV on and you have plenty of food. We will be back tonight.” Sammy gave him the usual hug and kiss on the forehead before closing the safe room door.

Before heading out the she tossed the cans of fluffy food in the trash, the one fed to Jimi having an expiration date from 6 years ago.

Mocha walked out of the case with Nova on her head, “hewwo miss Wachew!”

Nova chirped and waved to the delight of Rachel and the client in the waiting room. The cat in the crate was unimpressed.

“Hey there, cuties. You gonna have some fun today?”

“Chirp!”

“Yus!”

Mocha trotted around the desk for Rachel to give her pets. Sammy headed to the back, before the door closed, she peeked her head out, “it’s Nova’s turn.”

Rachel gasped, “but he’s so pretty!”

“He’s too pretty!” Sammy called back as the door closed.

-hic… Urrrph…-

Jimi’s stomach gurgled. His tummy was having such uncomfortable rumbling feelings. It wasn’t causing owies, not yet, but he wasn’t happy. It wasn’t just his tummy, his whole body was starting to feel too warm, but he started shivering.

With a groan he stood up in bed and made his way over to the litter box. The last thing he wanted to do was to make his bed gross. “Wai tummies gif owies?” He winced as his stomach cramped.

“Moufie wawa?” He started reflexively swallowing repeatedly as his mouth salivated. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

His insides spasmed, from both ends his insides violently evacuated. He gasped between each spasm, every single muscle in his abdomen screamed at him. He collapsed, the only clean litter directly underneath him, his small body shaking as he panted.

“Huuuuuhuuuu! Wai tummies owies?!” Before he could focus on his misery, another round of heaving. It had only been several minutes, but it felt like so many forevers. “Pwease sowwy tummy! Pwease stahp!” The begging didn’t work.

“Mummah?” Weakly he called out for Sammy. “Mummah, ayuda…” He struggled to swallow, his throat raw. There was no answer, he knew mummah wouldn’t be home until the dark time, which going to be more forevers than he could count.

“Are you sure? He is beautiful and he’s got such a lovely personality.” Cheryl asked Sammy, Nova laying on his back on the table between them.

“You should know better, we gotta spay and neuter our pets. That’s what Bob Barker would have wanted.” Sammy giggled and wiggled her fingers at Nova, his hooves waving up at her.

“Are you even old enough to have seen him on TV?”

“Of course not.” She put on a cutesy voice as she talked to Nova, distracting him as she rubbed the numbing agent on the foals nether bits, “no I wasn’t, was I, Nova? Of course not!” Her voice went higher pitched, as the needle quickly pierced and numbed his crotch.

Nova didn’t even look concerned, Sammy was distracting him, his front legs waved towards her fingers. Cheryl quickly cut and scooped out his tiny sack. With Nova being so young, they were able to skip the stitches and used the medical grade super glue, cyanoacrylate adhesive as it was known in the industry, to seal up the now empty sack.

Sammy smiled at the foal, not just because he did such a good job during the procedure, but because he wouldn’t need a special friend, he’ll just need his mummah.

Jimi felt weak and exhausted. Hungry. Thirsty. Hot and cold. His stomach was empty, but it hurt so bad. Both bowls of kibble were filled to the brim, and he stared at it, wanting so bad to eat but not wanting to attempt.

Slowly and deliberately he chewed the dry and stale piece of kibble. He turned to the water bowl to try and wash it down, but that did not last. Moments later his stomach forcefully evicted what couldn’t be considered food.

Over the next several hours Jimi would try again and again to hold down a piece of kibble and some water, and each time he couldn’t make it to the litter box. Piles of runny diarrhea and vomit speckled about the room. Jimi fell into a feverish sleep with dreams of his mummah withholding her love and affection, he would beg, but she would just keep walking away. No matter how fast Jimi would run, he couldn’t catch up to her.

Check out some amazing art of my favorite fluffies!

https://fluffy-community.com/t/commission-for-spaghettidave-lemoncurds/50806
By LemonCurds

https://fluffy-community.com/t/nova-and-tuffy-rampage/50821
By Rampage

Lovesick Part 12

20 Likes

Oh hoho~ That’s what Jimi get for being an Emo.

3 Likes

‘A Nova’s best friend is his mother.’

Intentional food poisoning as an attitude adjustment. Brutal. I love the slow-burn abuse, and conditioning the Fluffies to only feel happy when their owner is around. It’s very satisfying, I’m thrilled whenever I see the next part of this story is out.

5 Likes

I’m enjoying coming up with ways that can be borderline abuse. Sammy wouldn’t torture or abuse in any typical sense. She loves her fluffies and wouldn’t just beat them for the hell of it nor would she ever consider herself an abuser.

I’m also glad people are enjoying this story. I wanted to try to come up with something different. Steve’s “abuse” was from neglect and unintentional as he’s either a drink or an idiot. And Sammy is coming from a different place entirely.

7 Likes

i refuse to believe that jimy formerly known as prince wouldnt recognize the smell of spoiled food
specially 6 years old food,what thefuck was that btw
the legendary spiderman noodles?

If you have never had food poisoning, then congratulations.

I have. And there was no taste or smell issue. Aside from passing out in the litter box, I drew on literal experience for that.

5 Likes

The Mother Gothel abuse is nice

1 Like

I had to google that, I hadn’t seen Tangled. It’s pretty close to what I’m going for.

This series brings out so many mixed emotions in me. I like Jimi and Mocha, but they do some things that were annoying enough to me that I enjoyed their distress about their wumps/babbehs respectively. Now though? They seem to be pretty well behaved fluffies, all things considered. Jimi is a little bilingual prodigy and when he went “ayuda” I cried on the inside. And Mocha is just dumb and happy, and for a fluffy that’s not too bad lmao. I guess the real points of interest going forward is how Nova turns out, and the depths that Sammy will fall to for the sake of emotional validation. I like the extreme emotions, either that fluffies bring out in each other or that humans inflict on them.

2 Likes

One aspect I think that is shown in most art and stories but isn’t necessarily explicitly explained is that with their simplistic minds, fluffies would also be extremely emotional creatures. Every emotion from love to fear to frustration would be the best, or worst, we could comprehend.

A mare that loves her babies would love them absolutely, except a brown foal that she would be completely apathetic to. And should one of the foals die, it would be an over exaggeration of the depths of loss, one we could only attempt to comprehend.

At least, that is kinda how I view it. Of course there are emotions of every degree, but their childlike nature makes everything deeper. It reminds me of a camping trip, a friend’s daughter had a favorite rock, I didn’t know that, it was on my camping chair. I threw it into the lake and she burst into tears because “it was my favorite rock ever.” Literally crying. She was 8.

As for our two adult fluffies, really, they aren’t bad. Yeah, Jimi fucked the stuffed bear. Mocha couldn’t figure out that she didn’t make milk because she was never pregnant. They are generally good fluffies, but sometimes some bad things happen. Could there be a nicer way to get Jimi out of his emotional funk as he pulls away from Sammy? Sure. Would it be as good of a story, nah, and that’s not her character. It’s easier to purposely give him food poisoning and let him be absolutely miserable to realize he needs his mummah.

And we get caught up in this misery because there is always a bit of humanity wrapped up in fluffies. Which also brings me back to the same point, you can’t have the good without the bad. With 28+ chapters of Jimi and Mocha, you’ve become attached to them. If they were without flaws, the reader wouldn’t care as much, it’s too unrealistic. So, as they grow, we become emotionally attached, and had this food poisoning chapter been the first, or even a one shot, the emotional response this has elicited from you would not nearly be as impactful.

p.s. Mocha is too dumb to drown and Jimi is an emo.

4 Likes

Too true, my friend :slight_smile: I personally see fluffies as a gigantic allegory for childhood trauma so the human parts of them are the ones that shine out to me the most. Or really any trauma in a person’s life, fluffies are an interesting lens to view the world through. But for me the most memorable bits are when a fluffy is getting hurt, maybe even for a good reason, and it doesn’t understand why and begs and apologizes to try and make it stop. And that’s why I go to therapy lol.

I like seeing my trauma reenacted in fluffy form, and I also like seeing things being done better.

3 Likes

Ah that’s one way to get an emo eunuch out of his funk- give him the kind of horrible food poisoning that results in violently ejecting the entire contents of his body out of both ends! Ugh, food poisoning is horrible- and yeah I agree its not always that obvious that something would be wrong with the food before. I’d imagine especially with fluffy food with a solid helping of artificial ‘sketty’ flavor and scent to drown out whatever else passes for ‘nutrition’ for shitrats.

I am enjoying seeing the lengths that Sammy will go to so that she can ensure her fluffies stay emotionally attached to her- which immediately brings to mind the obvious question of ‘what happened to the fluffies she had before Jimi and Mocha?’ ( and now Nova I guess? I thought she was going to give him to her other coworker but I guess Jimi’s emo phase cost him the sole ‘former dude’ spot on the roster ) I wonder if that’s something her boss knows about.

1 Like

Odd…

1 Like

Huh give him food poisoning he either learns to love her or goes out from it huh…
Also man she really really doesn’t want her fluffies to have anything else to love but her.

Makes me wonder can she really not have kids or is there another reason