Master of the Hounds by(that1hugboxer)

This is the continuation of [Redacted] report 3 by(that1hugboxer)

You are Nicolas Henderson. You were dragged off by the hounds of ouida . You wake up inside a Victorian style sitting room with a fireplace. Sitting in a chair in front of the fireplace is an elderly man with a large gray mustache . He is dressed in a black Victorian suit. The man pull his pocket-watch from his vest and checks the time.

You yell at the man indignantly .

“Do you have any idea who I am?!!!”

The man puts away his pocket watch then turns to you and sighs.

“A ray of sunshine as always Mr Henderson.”

“Let me go this instant! Or I will have you killed!”

The man bursts out laughing.

“Oh! It’s been ages since I’ve heard something so funny!”

You get up and grab the man by his suit collar

“Who the fuck are you !?”

“Oh I go by many names but you may call me Mortimer.”

Mortimer places the hook portion of his cane around your neck.

For the briefest of moments you swear you feel a scythe blade touching the back of your neck .
If this man is truly who you believe him to be then he’s only a psychopomp and has no real jurisdiction over taking life .

“You’re bluffing!”

Mortimer smirks.

“Whistle”

All of a sudden you feel a pair of jaws clamp around the back of your shirt.

It happens in an instant but the process feels like it takes centuries if not more.

You feel yourself being pulled backwards towards the edge of the scythe blade.

You feel the indescribable agony of every individual skin , nerve , blood vessel, muscle fiber and bone sever at the molecular level. As the blade passes through the wounds behind it heal until the blade finally exits your body.

You look down to find yourself still tightly gripping Mortimer’s suit collar.

The hook of his cane is placed around your neck.

Then once again you feel the scythe blade touch the back of your neck followed by a whistle from Mortimer and a pair of jaws clamping around the back of your shirt.

This time Mortimer speaks during the process.

“The average body of an adult man has 36 Trillion cells . What you just experienced was the death of 1 cell.”

Your eyes widen with despair.

“Usually the process conclude in an instant with no pain whatsoever.”

Mortimer smiles softly.

“It seems that’s not the case this time. How peculiar?”

You begin to whimper.

“Don’t fret Mr Henderson , I’ll keep trying until I get it right.”

Mortimer looks you in the eyes with the biggest shit eating grin.

“There’s been a lot more deaths recently so I could just be fatigued.”

You start bawling.

“Surely I’ll get it right eventually,after all I have 35 ,999 ,999 ,999 ,999 more attempts.”

The next moment you experience the prolonged suffering of a fluffy foal slowly starving to death only the experience lasts just as long as the first cell death.

Next you experience the process of nuggetfacation followed by life as a nugget fluffy.

You experience life as a young Polly pocket bio toy given to the research team to satiate their hedonistic urges.

So much meaningless suffering and death brought into existence by yourself and others like you.

Over and over and over again. You live, you suffer and you die with no one to mourn your passing.

“I get it!!! Just make it stop!!! For the love of God!!! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!”

2 Likes

I love psychopomps. They’re so much fun.

Angels: not as gentle as advertised.

1 Like

I’m glad you enjoyed this. This is the end for Femi and her father. But do not despair for there’s still the government contract with the human bio toys. The underground complex will be the first of many raids happening across the remaining 49 branches of Hasbio.

1 Like

I recommend not killing her yet, have her escape but heavily wounded and near death.

2 Likes

I never said Femi died. The last we saw of her she was trapped in a dark basement filled with invisible hounds that can inflict pain but no damage .

1 Like

Good.

2 Likes

Sounds like she’s getting what she deserves. I hope she gets permanent night vision along the way. :myeh:

1 Like

Femi has intense Nyctophobia as mentioned in the last story she appeared in.

1 Like

But what’s worse: fear of the dark, or fear of the terrifying feather hounds that will stare at you for eternity?

1 Like

I tried my best to imply this in the story without outright saying it.but even though Femi didn’t know exactly what they looked like she knew from second hand sources that the hounds were so terrifying that no one who saw them would burden another human with the description. Even knowing that , her fear of the dark is still stronger , she actively chose to continue wearing the night vision goggles even after seeing the hounds rather than be in the dark.

And as you will see later, that choice was entirely correct. Ive explored horrors that dwell in the light.
But as of yet I have shown very very few that dwell in the dark.

1 Like

Sounds good. :+1:

1 Like