Maybe specifically stating "put your name in the title" in the rules?

Also having a link to the faq and rules in a more prominent place, maybe automatically sent to new members if that’s a thing the site can do? I’ve noticed a lot of newcomers who don’t pick up on the title custom and also have a strange inability to look down in the menu to find the faq.

3 Likes

It is. It’s in the rules for self-posting, not site rules.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Although that’s only really visible if you specifically go to that category. I’m unsure if anybody else browses the site like that, I know I usually just look at the new and the main page. I’m mainly suggesting having the info more prominent or presented directly to new members, rather than scattered around pinned posts.

Not arguing against clarification. But the two most common ways to learn on the site are to explore it or to ask questions. The above link is pinned and will always show up when you click on Image Self Posting and is even titled About the Fluffy Image Self Posting Category. It isn’t exactly hidden. And the reason that it’s there is because it’s only a rule for certain sections, not the entire site as a whole. The About sections show the rules for categories and The Site Rule list is about behavior and decorum on the site itself and rules that apply to all categories.

2 Likes

Or, in this specific case, summon the Owl by forgetting to put your name in the title.

8 Likes

You hear him flap once and then you’re gone

9 Likes

Mr. Owl? How many licks does it take to get to the center of an immortal soul?

4 Likes

The Owl giveth, and the owl taketh away…

2 Likes

‘This should be in the rules’
‘It is’
‘Well nobody reads the rules anyway’

…profit?

1 Like

Ignorantia juris non excusat, I believe the saying is.

1 Like

I agree, just saying I’m not quite sure what OP is getting at. They wanted it included in the rules, it already is, and their response is ‘well nobody looks at them anyway so I guess it doesn’t matter’
So we went in a complete circle and achieved nothing. Bravo.

2 Likes

Welcome to Dark Souls FluffyCommunity, bitch!

2 Likes

Actually, you don’t. Owls are silent flappers.

1 Like

What I’m saying is the rules/site instructions might be put somewhere more obvious/visible, because I’ve noticed an influx of new users who can’t seem to find the faq, don’t put names in titles, and make basic community posts asking how the site works.

However, if the issue is more of a skill related one on the part of the new users, then :shrug:

Well, a disclaimer in bold red letters could possibly get the point across, but some people wouldn’t get the point if you put it on a gigantic neon sign.

Look at how many people never bother to read the terms and conditions of every game they play and every app they use.

1 Like

Its part of the flow of the site, you make a post and get called on the floor for not having your name in the title. If you their a hissy fit then you’ve shown your cards early, if you take the joke and move on then you’re worth keeping around.

1 Like

Ah, fair point.