Meanie community - By KCpw

Tongue and cheek post.

This is what I imagine the community like when they complain that TinyHorses’ fluffies are too realistic.

I poke fun, but sometimes I feel like we take ourselves too seriously. I love you all!

29 Likes

They do just look like MLP characters lol. Not saying that to be mean, they don’t look any differently than one :shrug: They’re MLP characters with a speech impediment who reference sketti

5 Likes

true, I feel like they’re what hasbio was aiming for when they were designing them

2 Likes

So yeah that’s why people give Tinyhorses shit. Because fluffies usually have a distinct design where if you were to put a MLP OC by one you’d instantly go ‘hey why’s that one so retarded looking’. The funny thing is fluffies have a TON of designs too unique to their creators but TH’s just looks like anything you’d see an MLP creator on Deviantart making. And is her art bad? No, quite the opposite. It’s just wholly not thematic.

9 Likes

@Ace speaks many truths

2 Likes

enter well established community with clear stylistic ideas
ignore them
complain when community reacts badly

10 Likes

Yeah, but a common idea in the ‘backstory’ is they weren’t ready, so having them look ‘right’ is kinda weird.

2 Likes

I personally like the idea of folks making their own take on the fluffy thing; everyone pointing at the Hasbro thing and having the same backstory as a key event for fluffies being a thing kind of make things feel samey and not that interesting as it feels lazy at times.

1 Like

I find it hilarious that the newcomers think this is ‘mean.’ Valid criticism is not being mean. If you don’t like the feedback, show it to your mommy and put it on the fridge.

There are so few rules here and these people cant stick with the most basic theme? Fluffy ponies are fluffy and ponies. They are not fuckin MLP ‘oc’ and they are not traced over deviantart cats.

I don’t understand the motives behind posting shit that doesn’t belong here and being upset when people point out that out. There are dozens upon dozens of forums where people can post about their ‘oc’ Galaxia Razorshadow and the bloated, convoluted backstory that doesn’t actually tell a story.

10 Likes