Meeting Pumpkin (by WeepingCube)

410 does seem like a good choice for a fluffy round.

3 Likes

Welcome! Those are some major chubby cheeks on that mare! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Haha, almost suspiciously firm. Makes you wonder what those suburbanites are treating their “gwassies” with… :thinking:

3 Likes

Aww, thanks! That’s high praise from the creator of cuties like Mystic! And I don’t think Pumpkin would complain about getting any huggies :wink: They are indeed chirpies! The two foals up front (Yam and Walnut) are Pumpkin and her 'special friend’s offspring, but the two chirpies are “adopted”.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was astroturf / artificial grass. ~Chuckle~

3 Likes

Thanks! I use a site called https://pixabay.com/
The selection is hit-or-miss, but you can’t beat the price. And I couldn’t agree more! Not wanting to mess with backgrounds and such used to be one of my biggest barriers to making pictures like this, until I realized I could “outsource” it lol.

2 Likes

Wow this is so amazing can’t wait to see more keep up the amazing work

3 Likes

Agreed! Almost symbiotic: free weeding service and fertilizer in exchange for decent food and maybe a safe yard to nest in. Alas, smarties and their ilk give dear, sweet, innocent fluffs like Pumpkin a bad name.

3 Likes

Have you considered going the cheaty route to make backgrounds? You could go out someplace suitable, use your phone or a cheap digital camera to shoot a background, then do some filter work in your-photoshop-preference-here. Instant backgrounds, and the contrast between the two styles could let your foreground work pop.

The only downside is the initial shot could be kind of tricky because anything you do also means you’re going to need to match the perspective lines if they’re pronounced enough.

3 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

I’m very hungry, give me the foal

5 Likes

This is a honestly a cool idea, and I’ve seen it used to good effect in other works. I might try playing around with it at some point. In addition to the perspective lines, though, I feel like getting the shadows right could be a pain in the ass. Which probably wouldn’t matter that much, except I can personally be a little OCD about those sorts of things, ha.

3 Likes

please show me how to draw a fluffy.

1 Like

That’s one loving mummah.

1 Like