Melted Ice Cream Part 3: A Home For Sorbet [by FluffySorbet]

Try as I might, I can’t seem to stop wanting to write more adventures for little Sorbet. In this chapter, I figured I’d write from his perspective and give a little more insight into his origins and personality while Betty bullies her friend into helping build a safe room

Sorbet was a Bestest Babbeh.

His mummmah had told him so because he didn’t make any messies or loud noises at bath time and that gave him the biggest heart happies.

He’d never been a bestest anything in all the forevers he’d been alive (which was only really a week, but fluffies suck at time). Only the worstest munstah babbeh. His earliest memory was of his mean Old Mummah giving him to an even meaner human for nummies to make milkies for his better siblings.

Old Mummah never called him pretty and never let him have milkies. Said munstahs could only eat twashies and poopies from other babbehs.

And the meanie human wasn’t much better. He put him in a cold box with other scared, shivering foals and took them to a place that had scary sounds and smelled like boo boo juice. He only picked foals up to give them hurties. Not wub.

It was only by chance that Sorbet had escaped. Looking so much like icy creams had been a good thing. He’d crawled out of the cold boxy and landed in a puddle of melted whipped cream and chocolate and nobody noticed him.

Until Mummah came. She was scary at first. Looked like she had worstest angies. And when she carried him away from the cold box, she held him too tight and gave bad upsies.

But Sorbet could look passed all that. She cleaned him up and gave him a warm bath that was only a little scary. She called him Bestest. And gave him a name that made him feel loved for the first time in his tiny life. He wasn’t a munstah babbeh anymore. He was Sorbet and he loved his mama so muchies.

Presently, he was sitting on the kitchen floor, watching as she brought things in from the vroom vroom machine and talked to someone behind her. In front of him was a small child-sized take out container which held the nummed up remnants of his first sketties ever and behind him his new bruddas- two big, gray Kitteh Munstas named Slate and Altair- were eating crunchy kibble and not pretty smelling kitty squish. His tummy was full and he felt safe and very happy.

“Sketties all done, Mummah!” He peeped happily, smiling up from where he sat. Mummah smiled back and bent down to get the container.

“Good boy, Sorbet. You didn’t make any messes.” Mummah’s smile was the prettiest thing ever.

“Can Sowbay gu pway nao?” He asked politely. Mummah said good manners were important. Bestest Babbehs didn’t make demands but asked nicely. And if Mummah said no, then that meant no. It was the first and second of Mummah’s rules.

“Okay, but only in the living room. I’m building something special for you and don’t want you to get hurt.”

He tapped his hooves happily and then sat in the upsies position. When Mummah picked him up, he gave her the biggest, snuggliest hug a tiny foal possibly could.

“Holy shit, an alicorn!” An unfamiliar voice scared him a little. Sorbet curled up in a little ball and hid his face with his hooves.

“Ben, could you be any louder? He’s a baby. You scared him.” Betty snapped at her friend as she petted Sorbet. Mummah gives the bestest petties. “He’s had a bad enough day as it is. Me, too, if you’ll recall.”

“I said I was sorry. I thought you got the text!” Ben answred, reaching to pet Sorbet, too. Sorbet wasn’t sure he wanted pettings from him but only grumbled a little when he received them. “See? He likes me.”

"He likes being pet. It’s in their programming. " Mummah rolled her eyes and turned towards the living room from the kitchen. "You’re still building the safe room as an apology

A baby gate had been put up between the doorways so Sorbet could walk around as much as he pleased. His new toys were in there as well as some kibble and water in fluffy-safe dishies. And, most importantly, his litterbox was there. Mummah made very sure to show him where it was and that it wasn’t too far to get to.

Good Poopies go in the litterbox was rule number 3.

“I’ll be right down the hall, okay? You be good and shout if you need me.”

“Otay, mummah. Wub ou!” Sorbet giggled as Betty gave his cheeks a gentle pet. He waved “bye-bye” to her, then watched as she went back to Ben and told him to “move his ass” because she wanted the room finished before bed time.

Never in his life did he think he’d be in such a wonderful place. The house was big and warm and seemed to have everything he could possibly dream of in it.

With wide eyes, he wandered the living room, unsure of what to do with himself first before deciding that the sparkly blue ball simply had to be played with first. Giggling, he batted it from one end of the room to the other, running after it as fast as his tiny legs would carry him.

He hadn’t noticed that his new brothers had hopped the baby gate until one of them swatted at the ball.

“Swate wan pway wif Sowbay?” The foal said happily, eyes alight with glee. Aiming carefully, he booted it back to the large Russian Blue and squealed happily when he swatted it back. This kept up until Altair jumped in and the ball went away from all three kf them.

“Sowbay wiww geddit!” He was having so much fun. And before he could even reach the ball, his kitteh bruddas decided they were playing chasies, instead.

He should be scared. But as they ran back and forth across the living room they only seemed to be tiring themselves out. Slate was the first to hop up into an armchair and Altair found a sunny spot by the window, soaking up the last rays of sunset.

“Bruddas go-- yawwwwn-- sweepies?” Sorbet didn’t want to be tired. But the puddle of sunshine seemed too inviting.

On shaky legs, he toddled towards his new friend and curled up right beside him as if making a fluffpile and yawned again. Today had been a busy day.

“Nite Nite Awty. Nite nite Swate” he mumbled sleepily, resting his tiny chin on his hooves. “Sowbay wub ou, too!”

By the time the safe room was finished, Betty came out to see her newest pet was snuggled quite happily with the other two. And couldn’t resist taking a picture.

"Welcome Home, Sorbet " she titled it and hit send. Letting everyone know Sorbet was home to stay.

End part 3

13 Likes

So precious!! I was a little worried about the cats hurting Sorbet but I’m glad they don’t think he’s prey.

1 Like

That’s so cute. Please keep this story going

1 Like