Memo for the fluff-store employees. (by: artist-kun)

96 Likes

That thing about the cells not being illuminated is clever.

But I don’t see any air holes in those cells…

10 Likes

They are there. Look closer at the further column of cells

2 Likes

Those round things? I thought those were the hooves of the other fluffies.

2 Likes

Its always brown thats undesirable and never neon green

3 Likes

I know right? A chocolate brown fluffy would be my go to pick between that and neon colours.

6 Likes

I think if people wanted something natural colored, they would buy a dog

7 Likes

I’d definitely get a brown fluffy. But because they’re broken and obedient.

3 Likes

Yeah but if i wanted colors that would hurt my eyes id buy a box of highlighters

6 Likes

I think the real question is not what colors are better, but the location of the store where you ask this question. Preferences of people from Texas and Florida will 100% be different

4 Likes

Me crawling into floofmart to browse for choco-fluffs

16 Likes

If fluffies were real, I’d get a black one.

Everything looks good in black.

7 Likes

Mate please, don’t burn the comments down with that.

I am stealing this one, it’s the perfect comeback for these occasions.

2 Likes

You can bet your sweet ass that you’d see me Solid Snaking my way around a fluffmart too if it had such a layout.

3 Likes

My headcanon is that the low value of brown fluffies is a runaway effect similar to how some brands of clothing are viewed as more or less valuable just because they are. When fluffies were new a lot of people wanted them in exotic colors, making the natural colors less desirable and thus less valuable. But when brown fluffies came to be viewed as less valuable, vapid consumers started avoiding them solely because they didn’t want to look poor, thus propagating the cycle.

A good real-life example would be how Volvo is better than BMW in every conceivable way, but because it has a reputation for being a “dad car” youngsters idolize BMW instead, and thus you see more rich youngsters driving BMW’s than Volvos.

6 Likes

I love how this goes similar to the grocery store theory

Higher price and luxurious fluffies are up higher to be at eye level for adults, like how when you go to check out, the lighters and such are up top, and having the foals and mares at a child’s level since they’ll be more inclined to bother the parent(s) for “cute babies”, like how candy is placed, and low quality fluffs are lower and out of sight, so the store may repurpose them to gain more profit

2 Likes

and here i thought they were the boulging eyes of other fluffys

1 Like

Artist-Kun has retail experience, I see.

The plight of the dull fluffy, their low status as pets is ever present, even in the pet store they are placed the lowest, where they can hardly be seen.

Not a bad hierarchy.