Merick ref ft Snack [By CyclopsBurger]

Colors explanation:

Flat colors: skin, hair, eyebrows, beard, primary eye color, secondary eye color, pupils, inside of mouth, tongue, gums, primary eyelid color, secondary eyelid color, main shirt color, primary stripe color, secondary stripe color/whites of eyes/teeth/fingernails, belt, primary belt buckle color, secondary belt buckle color, pants, shoes, shoe laces, gold, gold, gold, gold, shoe trim, shoe sole, *blood, *blood, *blood, *shit

*shoe splatter detail

Shading and detail colors: skin shading, skin detail/lighting, hair shading, hair detail, beard shading, eye/teeth shading, primary iris shading, secondary iris shading, pupil shading, tongue shading, gums shading, shirt shading, fingernail shading, knuckles, belt shading, pants shading, shoe shading, shoe lace shading, shoe trim shading, shoe sole shading

Backstory/character info: So basically the gist of Merick is that he’s a very depressed, lonely, alcoholic guy who has a lot of childhood trama stemming from viscous school bullies and his home background (parents loving but their “best” was pretty shit). After a particular incident where the bullies forced him to eat dog shit after getting off the bus- this happened while walking home, he was so effected by it. Throwing up, crying more than he ever thought a person could, realizing that people are inherently bad- he decided he never wanted them to get a reaction out of him again. He put mental and emotional walls up around himself, hardening his heart and dulling his feelings. Only going through life on autopilot, only talking when spoken to.

This also explains why he hates fluffies so much. They show both the best and worst aspects of humans exaggerated. Great ability for love, compassion and companionship. But also capable of selfishness, pride, lust, rape, anger, entitlement, and racism and hatred towards fluffies they deam the “other”. Their weak bowel control and constant shitting also brings back the memories of that day. When he sees a smarty or a fluffy giving sowwy poopies, beating or raping others he just…cant control himself. All those emotions he keeps bottled up inside bubble out. It feels good to hurt fluffies as bad as people have hurt him, even if they dont deserve it.

His lack of an real relationships behind the superficial leaves a real pit inside him. One he must constantly fill with thrills. Acts of power, such as making Snack think he actually loved her and then devouring her alive.

He hated being stuck with her in the beginning. Ignoring her, going out of his way to do anything that brought her distress. But slowly, somehow she melted him. She broke him. And their relationship grew beyond the persecutor and victim. The prison cell and prisoner. Her boundless enthusiasm and naivety is just too infectious. And despite all he did to her, she longs to be loved. As does he

Artist’s notes: I basicly lose all artistic motivation during the summer months because I have seasonal hobbies. Then I went full time at work and my life became work, sleep, eat, look at fluffycommunity. Also this project was daunting. I think some part of me was afraid that once I finished this project, I’d never create anything better and this as good as it gets. Which I know is stupid but sometimes the stupid thoughts win. So that’s why I’ve disappeared from here original content wise/ why it took me 8 months to finish this lmao

Also I couldnt decide if his ref looked better with or without a background so here’s both.

Originally I had considered commissioning someone to make Merick’s ref sheet but im so anal I know I’d never be happy unless I made it myself

18 Likes

dude that fluffy is freaking adorable
look at that, you’re amazing!

1 Like

Merick post Snack: 4smaqz

2 Likes

if you ever stop drawing I’ll find your house and throw eggs at you!

2 Likes

YOU SHOULD HAVE THROWN THEM AT ME LIKE 3 MONTHS AGO

2 Likes

am i attracted to this? the hell

Garbage bastard man :heart: