Micro's problem (InfraredTurbine)

So, as I already mentioned in other previous arts, micros could be a real problem, specially since they’re really small and can basically invade houses
so I think they would be treated as “rats” in some situations, like this one, to prevent an infestation xD

For commissions and illustrations , feel free to contact me any time! ;D

93 Likes

Getting good ideas on future pest stories :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

So cute!

I think the biggest issue with micros as pests is establishing their limits of range. I fudged it on my story and it should break the immersion of anyone who cares, but they can’t climb like roaches or rats. So their vertical movement ought be severely hampered.

If a building has micros high and low, I think it’ll have other structural issues as well. Now, ground level and lower? More likely. A basement infestation where they fell in and can’t get out for instance.

12 Likes

I saw you posted a story about micros invasion yesterday, I saved it to read later

4 Likes

It’s less about them getting in and invading and more about… Well, you’ll read it. There’s a part where there is evidence of something nibbling food that’s on a counter but I totally cheated on that. I can’t figure out how a micro could get up there. They’re not roaches or geckos and able to climb walls. They’re not rats and mice who can squeeze through tiny holes or climb narrow gaps.

I cheated :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Basically more of ground floored places unless…some was brought in unexpected on higher buildings like deliveries or from cleaning staff unnoticed. :thinking:

3 Likes

Fluffies reaching high places won’t break immersion for anyone who’s been in the fandom for a while. One of the very first fluffy pictures had a foal somehow reaching the ceiling fan. When asked how it got there, the fluffy had no idea.

Now, some fluffy headcanons are more reality-based than others, but even then there is leeway. As a general rule, even if you aren’t doing weirdbox, you don’t have to worry about how a fluffy got to where it is, because they have off-screen teleportation.

Or, to paraphrase a certain TV show: “it’s just (fluffies), I should really just relax.”

4 Likes

Yeah. I tend to keep my stories more realistic/grounded for the most part.

That said: the idea is still absolutely fascinating.

3 Likes

In this case it might be easier to lure the micro out and then kill it.

3 Likes

Yep. Or a vacuum.

4 Likes

Luring it out has the benefit of heightening it’s suffering when it realizes you were lying to it.
The sweetest abuse is emotional abuse after all.

2 Likes

My pragmatism simply wants my security deposit back when I move :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I would imagine that any presence of fiberglass or cellulose insulation in the walls would damage their tiny, fragile lungs to the point of death. So, maybe only a real problem in older, non-insulated buildings… :person_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

A can of spray foam filler applied to a micro woukd be fun to watch as it expanded and engulfed the filthy little thing until asphyxiation occurs. Most delicious

2 Likes

No housie for you.

Only knife

1 Like

Big fan of the sticky glue traps for fluffy micro infestations. You get to listen to them beg for their lives right before you bend them in unnatural ways.

2 Likes

not until it starts to smell around due to it getten rotten

2 Likes

Lmao :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: welp the first mistake was trying to use a knife should have gone for the bb gun much better for disabling them first

1 Like

Just imagine rats that can talk and beg for their life.

1 Like

That’s why people with cats probably have to worry about micros significantly less. One of the more unpleasant things about micro pest control would be, depending on the person, having the responsibility of killing them could be a bit sickening. But a cat can not only be better at catching micros than a human, but they’ll deal with the killing part too…
Unless they decide it’s time to teach you how to hunt, and set a live fluffy down in front of ya at 3 a.m., which then runs off into a difficult crevice.
Fun for the whole family.

1 Like