More AI Nonsense (AI story)

Disclaimer: AI is never art

I had an idea for a story so I decided to see if the robot could make something decent with it if given enough prompts.

Results are a bit generic but it does seem to be improving. Although the robots do tend to use way too many adjectives.

Once upon a time, in a land filled with fluffy ponies of all colors, there was a particularly pudgy and innocent little fluff named Marshmallow. With his pastel pink fur and a tiny pair of wings that wiggled awkwardly, he was adored by his “bruddas” and “sistews.” Marshmallow spoke in a childish, baby-like voice that melted the hearts of anyone who heard him.

One bright and sunny day, Marshmallow and his fluffy siblings decided to go on a grand adventure together. They giggled and bounced around, their stubby legs carrying them through fields of flowers and over hills of soft grass. Unbeknownst to them, however, they were heading straight into a dangerous area—a minefield that lay hidden beneath the innocent-looking meadow.

As the fluffy ponies happily pranced along, Marshmallow led the way, his tiny wings fluttering with excitement. “Fwuffies go pway! Fwuffies go find pwetty fings!” he chirped in his sweet voice. His siblings followed, their innocence shining in their wide, round eyes.

Suddenly, a loud “BOOM” echoed through the air, and a puff of red mist burst forth. The fluffy siblings froze, their eyes widening in terror. The realization of danger struck them like a thunderbolt, and panic spread through the group. “Nu wike dis pwace! Scawy boom-booms!” one of them cried, and the others joined in a chorus of frightened squeals.

The meadow became a chaotic scene as fluffy ponies darted in every direction, their chubby bodies stumbling over each other. The minefield claimed its victims one by one, explosions marking the end of the innocent lives of Marshmallow’s bruddas and sistews.

Amidst the chaos, Marshmallow waddled with a mix of confusion and fear. “Wha happen? Fwuffies hewt? Nu wike dis!” he whimpered, his innocent eyes scanning the devastation around him.

As the explosions continued, only one fluffy pony remained unharmed—the smallest and lightest of them all, little Marshmallow. His innocence had inadvertently saved him, as his tiny frame proved too delicate to trigger the deadly mines. He stood alone in the now-silent meadow, surrounded by the remnants of his once joyful family.

With a quivering lip, Marshmallow looked around, his eyes filling with tears. “Whewe fwuffies go? Why pwetty pwace be scawy?” he mumbled to himself, unaware of the tragedy that had befallen his siblings. The chubby little pony, still innocent and naive, stood alone in the aftermath, a survivor in a meadow tainted by the echoes of booms.

11 Likes

Ai text is a tool, you make it art by prompting, plucking and editing.
It’s like using dice to make a dnd adventure from the DM tables, if you just take exactly as it comes out without any personal flair, it’s not gonna be great.
Taking AI text, using it as a base it’s something entirely different.

Human intent makes art, no matter the tools used, that’s why songs are art.

Saying art made with AI tools is not real art is like saying shirts and shoes from factories are not real clothes and shoes because weavers and cobblers did not make them.
By setting up the tool, setting up the prompt, picking the results, going through the refining process and even editing things like hands, turns the product into art.

Don’t even try to argue in bad faith with things like “it steals art” because it does not, if the image is on the public forum it is not yours, everyone can see it and use it as inspiration, anyone can trace over it if they want to, everyone can use them, most of the times you even give up ownership by uploading it to some websites.

If you want to argue the art theft you have to also condemn every bit of fanart not previously approved by the copyright owner and the concept artists too.

3 Likes

I love how consistently bing churns out the exact same style of character no matter how i alter the prompts and without fail, letting the ‘conversation’ go on too long results in weird Pusheen centaur ponies.

apparenly fluffies are actually insects, and need to have six legs. you may not like is, but pork pun in the center here is what peak performance looks like.

3 Likes

7/10. Would be better if I knew whether the fluffy was innocent or not.

1 Like

Nope.

If I dipped my finger in diarrhoea shit and painted a crude fluffy on my ceiling, it would have more artistic integrity then any AI fluffy I have posted.

Also you suck.

2 Likes

mood
“Mom said it’s my turn on the xbox!”

Sure, and the shirt you’re using is also shit for lacking integrity.

Read things before replying.

2 Likes

LOL, that yellow one with green wings looks like Puchelle. Yeah, or any of the cutesy character designs people make.

Weird thing the AI probably missed: There’s types of landmines that would shoot out of the ground before going off, instead of just making a crater. Of course those would likely be a lot shorter of a story.

It makes sense that landmines would be a lot less useful with herds having members big enough to trigger them.

1 Like

Like Princess Di, fluffies try to reduce land mines!