Moss on the run - prologue (Rustynickel)

The mare’s chest burned as if a thousand matches were lit in her lungs, legs were no different. Her green fluff was still damp with tears, serum, blood and other bodily fluids, not even counting the heavy rain that poured down on the miserable wounded animal. Moss could hear the screams of a very angry mother Applepie in the distance along with the brutish sound of a door opening and slamming against a wall, she had to run faster.

-YOU FUCKING WHORE! I TREAT YOU THE BEST I SHOULD, GAVE YOU SO MANY CHANCES OF HAVING A GOOD LITTER AND YOU TRY TO RUN AWAY WHEN I COME TO USE YOU FOR SOMETHING USEFUL?! YOU UNGRATEFUL PIG!

The fluffy tried to run faster in the uneven wet soil, and Aaron did the same, for once not caring about getting his shoes dirty. At least she was getting closer to the small bush line that marked separated the houses from the forest, her legs gained more strength for a moment, a crucial rush of adrenaline to save her from death. Moss small body struggled to pass through the thorns and twisted branches, which delayed her escape and tore away chunks of her fur. – got you, you fast bitch! – A strong grip had her tail, and having no other options, the mare tore it away with a pained sound. “Luckily”, her last pregnancy left her fluff in a frail state. And with that, she disappeared into the darkness provided by the thick trees.
Moss didn’t hear any steps getting closer or angry shouts directed at her, maybe she was not worth the effort. She gave a last glance to the direction of her old house, sighed sadly and continued deeper into the woods; there was no time to spare. After some time of exploring, the mare found a dying tree with a hole near its roots, which could make a nice nest for the nest. Her wobbly legs made their way to the small shelter, once inside she collapsed in the ground and slept. Tomorrow was a new day for her, or maybe she could never wake up again. It didn’t matter in the end, she was free for once

Moss body ached badly, she had to push herself into her feet before going down again. With all the adrenaline gone, the mare finally felt all her cuts, bruises and broken bones. The fluffy started working on licking away all the filth in her fur and wounds, spitting away mud lumps that dried during the night. The sun was high in the sky when she managed to drag her body outside; Moss knew that eventually that place wasn’t going to be safe. Shaking away any dust from her fluff, the mare ventured deeper.
The mare decided to follow a trail that luckily wasn’t so obstructed with fallen branches after last night storm. The trees were already less sparse and bushes looked thicker when the trail got lost in the still moist soil, Moss had to quicken her steps before the sky got dark again. The sun already had hidden itself in the clouds, making everything darker when the fluffy felt followed, from now and then she looked behind her back so nothing could take her in surprise.

-Is mawe wost? Neba see ou awound…

Moss let out a surprised ‘eep’ when a big earthie accompanied by a smaller Pegasus got out of the bushes, even if they were bigger than her they didn’t looked mean. The mare still was scared of them, though.

-m-mawe namesies is Moss, wun way fum weawwy bad mistah. Moss nu kno wha’ tu do.
The two shared looks, and the bigger one nodded to their newfound friend and gave her a welcoming smile. She was confused for a second.

-fwuffy namesies is Cwoud, Moss can com’ wit us. We hab vewwy nice hewd wit wots of numesies and vewwy nice smartie fwiend, wets go.

Cloud turned around as if he already knew Moss’s answer, the unnamed Pegasus went along not much behind. Moss stayed there dumbfounded for some seconds before going after them. She knew that trusting a random feral wasn’t the most smart thing to do, but she didn’t have any better option. Maybe the universe was giving her another chance.

my first full lenght story in english, even though is not perfect i’m pretty proud of myself :))
leave a feedback, give tips or even a simple comment, this will help in my improvement in future stories

Moss was adopted from @FoxSpectator
After this one i’ll post the one with Rosete, that will be more abuse and also a small series :))

HOLY SHIT BRASIL THREE GOALS SO FAR WOOOO

7 Likes

You uhh mis typed your name in the title.

2 Likes

ay thanks

Yoo that sounds cool! No worries about it being ‘not perfect’ - it’s great so far! Looking forward to more of Moss, Cloud and pegasus

1 Like