Mossyfluffs and Humans: An excerpt from the A Field Guide to Mossyfluffs ( By: MossyFluff )

(Continuing from the section on humans)
“On the Topic of Ferals and Humans”

"Even after it has been 30 years since the initial introduction of Fluffies into the world they, for the most part, are seen as pests. Aside from the popular domestic breeds Fluffies are regularly hunted to prevent major changes in the ecosystem very much like deer. This along with other human factors such as pesticides* and their innumerable natural predators has kept the species stable as a whole.

Mossyfluffs, being a breed that is more rare to find compared to others, are seen as a prize by poachers and trappers. Either they are sold on the black market as an exotic pet or as just another stuffed trophy in one’s collection. Some smaller pockets of these Fluffies have been wiped clean off the map due to these practices. This has been somewhat curtailed by breeders as they have been attempting to re-domesticate the breed but the trade continues.

Though despite their predicament several notable exceptions of human-Mossyfluff relations have occurred throughout this time. A small farming town in Japan had adopted the Mossyfluff breed as a town mascot and has integrated some smaller herds as town ambassadors to further promote themselves in their province. Several foresters and rangers in the mountains of Sweden had taken to befriend their local herds who provide aid in the form of information in regards to their intimate knowledge of their territories and location of rare plants/fungi. But most surprisingly they have grown wildly popular in the foraging circles of the United States who use these fluffs as mushroom and herb hunters.** This popularity has then transformed into concrete legislation in the states of Indiana, West Virginia, Maine, and Oregon to make this breed a protected species as similar states follow suit."

*see Nature and the Mossyfluff

**As shown above with subject “Burmy” on a hunt with head researcher Ken Anzai

I’m finally back on the saddle on writing more on Mossyfluff. I got more smaller projects to finish but I needed to get this done first.

Major shoutouts:
@Carpdime and CursedPigHorse. Carp’s mushroom fluffy is definitely a major influence and Cursed’s Shroom Pigs was a fantastic source of ideas. Also most importantly a big shout to @Chikahiro whose work on the Fluffy Jobs series really kicked my mind and ass into gear.

38 Likes

Also as always for people interested in my process:

17 Likes

Awesome design of a mossfluffs :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I love your mossfluffs! I swear, the only reason they aren’t hive cannon at this point is because you are the only one talented enough to bring them to life on paper :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Much thanks. I’m not very confident in my design/posing but I hope it works.

3 Likes

You deeply flatter me. I’m sure others, such as yourself, would make wonders with these little chonkers. My scratchings are only adequate.

4 Likes

If your work is only adequate then mine is truly sub-par. Be nice to yourself! Be ACCURATE about yourself.

3 Likes

honestly i would want this framed in my house, it’s a beautiful piece!

3 Likes

Same to you friend.

3 Likes

I would give it another pass and touch it up but I would be more than honored

2 Likes

Autocorrect really mangled my post. Anyhow… Decades of actively negative assessments of myself did me no good, and I often rationalized it culturally and religiously. I happily admit that because one rather not see others do the same thing :heart:

4 Likes

So pretty and well drawn :heart:

3 Likes

I’m glad that I’m slowly getting better. Still need to figure my way round coloring.

2 Likes

Truly gorgeous as ever

3 Likes

I aim to please

3 Likes

I can empathize with that.
We are our harshest critics and cruelest judges

3 Likes

I know it’s a very automatic reaction of mine that I do fight against. It had been a major reason why I hadn’t drawn for the longest time until I got into the fandom. I do appreciate your understanding and apologize for the negativity.

3 Likes

Wholly qurappe!!
You work in watercolor??:heart:
Neato!! I’m envious!!
:nerd_face:

3 Likes

I started dabbling after getting a set on Christmas. I’m liking how it looks on the paper but I still need to practice more.

3 Likes

Keep up the good work! You’re doing great!!

3 Likes