My Daily Life at Sapphirewood Part 1 (AchibaldSummers)

Located in Melbourne suburbs, the young small town I live in is full of fluffy owners, fluffy stores, and other many infrastructures designed for fluffies. This crowded town with the population of twenty and six thousands is known as “Land of Fluffy”. My name is Zhang xing, I’m just an ordinary man who works at one of the fluffy stores of Sapphirewood.

Part 1: The morning I met Cotton Candy

“⁓Ding Ding Dong Dong Ding Ding Dong⁓” The alarm clock started ringing. I struggled to open my eyes. A ray of sunshine came through this tidy, narrow room. I turned on my phone, trying to recognize the time. 6:45 A.M. The unstoppable tiredness struck me, I moaned and quickly got up before turning off alarm clock.

I have almost an hour to go before I get to the fluffy store where I work. After stretching my body, I put my clothes on and get washed hastily.

A new day at Sapphirewood began.

I grabbed a slice of frozen sandwich and had it with plain boiled water. As usual, I turned on the radio and tuned it to Fluffy Cave: The most well-known and the only channel that features in fluffy.

“Good morning, people of Sapphirewood!” When the tuneful commercial song finished, the voice of Richard Campbell the radio host, filled this low-costing housing where covers an area of fifty square meters. “What a lovely morning to take a walk with your fluffies!” Hearing that, I couldn’t help imaging that a stout fluffy tied with a leash walks and jumps happily on sidewalk with their chubby legs.

Damn, that’s so adorable.

It was not until another commercial appeared that I realized I was too involved in my own thoughts. I finished my breakfast immediately and clear away the dish before I leave .

When the elevator door was about to close, my neighbor Hailey just went out from her housing. As soon as she noticed me, she waved her hand to me crazily while ran towards me across the corridor. I kept the door opening until she got into elevator.

“Oh my god, thanks. Good morning, Mr. Zhang.” She fixed her messy hair while talked to me. When she raised her hand, I glanced at the ID card she was holding: Junior Administrative Assistant, Hasbio Sales Department.

Hasbio, The world-famous bio-toy company, the creator of Fluffy. Years ago, when Sapphirewood was just becoming famous for its fluffy community, Hasbio sent some people to buy a piece of land in the northeast of town. Not long after the purchase, a Hasbio branch has been established there. They said they’re here to regulate the fluffy industry and help local people to get along with both domesticated and feral fluffies. However, I think it’s just the euphemism for “Let’s make money from those peasants!”

“Huh, so you passed the interview.” I remembered that Hailey mentioned to me she was going to Hasbio for an interview.

“Yeah, it turned out they are desperate for more employees to exploit.” She looked at me: “I heard that the lab is looking for breeders, you should try.”

“Nah, working in a large corporation would kill me. Like literally.” I rolled my eyes. “Those bastards in suits are no better than the worst smarties.”

Ten seconds later, we walked out of the apartment building. The dazzling sunlight made me narrow my eyes. Suddenly, I felt something by me shoes was holding my trousers. That thing feels just like what lives in my workplace: A FLUFFY!

GASP Nice mistew, awe 'ou new daddeh?”

I looked down immediately, It was a unicorn fluffy who looks like around twenty weeks old. Sky blue fur, pastel pink mane. Most kids would scream to ask their parents to buy this one as it’s really beautiful.

Hailey saw the fluffy too, she burst out yelling with happiness. “Look at that cutie!” She ducked and started rubbing the fluffy. The fluffy felt so good that it made the comfortable noise.

“Wait!” I noticed that its fur is messy and dirty, and there is a scar on the right side of its body. “It’s a feral, we should be more cautious.”

Hailey stopped and stood up: “ You’re right. Poor little thing, made it to survive the Australian wilds with such bright color…”

I sat on the ground and did a brief check: “ Indeed… Oh, it’s a mare.”

“what am nice mistah doin’? Su itchy. ” The fluffy turned over, showing her belly to me. “GASP Am nice mistah be fwuffy’s new daddeh?!”

She laughed, opened her mouth widely. Being stared by her rose red puppy eyes, I felt like my heart is melting.

Trying to restrain my feelings, I play cool and said:“Nope, I’m not your new daddeh. I’m going to take you to a fluffy hospital or a shelter. There are plenty of sketties to…”

“Sketties!” Before I can finish the sentence, the mare shouted out of joy. She kicked her back legs and suddenly stood up, waving her chubby front legs and tail to show her favor.

“AWWWW! Take care of her , Zhang. I need to go to work. Goodbye, cutie!” Hailey said goodbye to us and rushed on her way.

“Goodbye nice wady!” The fluffy shout with lovely voice. So polite for a feral.

I stood up from a half-squatting position and held her in my arms. “ Hey little buddy, do you have any owner or family?”

She lowered her round head and huddled up: “ Nu, nice mistah. Fwuffie am awone, fwuffie hab nothin’” I noticed that she is lighter than she looks like.

“It’s OK, let’s move on and get you some nummies!”

“Nummies! Wub new daddeh!”

“I’m not your daddeh…”

7 Likes

<3

1 Like

He’s either going to adopt this mare or something else eventually.

2 Likes