My fluffy head cannons (swiftbitches)

Just some of my head canons :3

1. Fluffies can suffer from the same mental illnesses as humans, for example, depression, anxiety, psychopathy, ptsd and many more. Things like autism and ADHD are much harder to identify in fluffies.

2. Due to being unfinished they don’t absorb calcium very well, leading to weaker bones. A house fluffy also has a more sedentary lifestyle which can impact their bones as well so it’s important fluffies get lots of exercise. Active ferals have much stronger bones than lazy pets.

3. Fluffies need to have multiple breeding sessions to ensure a full litter. Fluffies can have 6-8 foals in a full litter. If born feral, only the strongest will survive. If born in a house, most have a decent chance of survival. Feral born mares will even eat the foals that don’t like they have a chance or that die so their other foals have a better chance. This can sometimes lead to humans adopting a feral born mare and being angry or horrified when they eat the runts. Remember to always do lots of research before taking in any type of pet.

4. Fluffies born and raised in the wild have better instincts and survival skills then a pet that has been dumped. Most established herds that have lasted for years have duller colors, less color/type prejudice and are much less friendly.

5. Fluffies aren’t that bothered about stallions loving stallions or mares loving mares. Hasbio would have gotten in deep shit for including that in the fluffies programming . Fluffies will only have aggression towards gay fluffies if their owner has shared homophobic sentiments with them. Some fluffies do get confused when they find out about it but when it’s explained they will accept it readily.

6. Fluffies may be readily excepting of their gay herd members but a transgender fluffy is very confusing to them. Most trans fluffies don’t even know they’re transgender because they don’t even know that exists. Once the subject is thoroughly explained to them, they tend to accept it.

7. Fluffies will court for 1-4 days before actually becoming special friends to deem if their prospective mate is good enough. This can include gift giving, dancing and shows of strength. If the couple approves of each other they will either move into one of the pair’s homes or build a new one.

8. One of best ways to tell a fluffy’s sex at a glance is by the size of the dewlap. Females have larger dewlaps so they can pull fur from it to line their nests before birth. This isn’t a sure fire way as every fluffy is different and mares can have small dewlaps and stallions have larger ones.

9. Fluffies are not stupid, just naive. They are by no means smart but, like children, they understand a lot more than people give them credit for. They will also pick up and mimick words or phrases their owners use. If the owner talks about or watches a lot of nature documentaries the fluffy will pick up what the documentaries say, often retaining many facts and animal names they hear. Fluffies can become insatiably curious about these topics and will become fixated with the topic.

10. Fluffies can learn to read. They can learn to recognize up to 200 words but it generally takes a few months of teaching that most owners don’t have the time for. Some breeders have taken advantage of this and sell fluffies able to read at exorbitant prices.

11. Mares can suffer from post partum depression and psychosis, having a partner to help during the pregnancy lowers the risk. This is a shock to many first times breeders and people letting their own fluffy have babies.

12. Fluffies can live surprisingly long lives when well taken care of. It is a misconception that fluffies only live for around 5 years as most people think fluffies are a beginner pet. Most owners do not know that fluffies can get GI stasis and do not know how to treat it so sometimes fluffies will rapidly decline if their owner, mostly children, forget to feed them.

16 Likes

So if i see if our headcannons match up.

1. Agree although i think the Fluffie would be incapable of knowing what any of those mental illnesses are they would just know they feel bad/sad/scared in a very basic way. a owner could be informed however from a clinic/vet to make adjustments to the fluffies living routine.

2.Semi_agree i dont nesseceryly think it would be a calcium defficincy but the idea of a domestic fluffy living comftable and having his need taken care of would lead him to being alot weaker then say he was faced with a feral who has had to pysically struggle for everything including his life.

3.Semi_Agree is fluffies were able to garentee fertilisation after one session that would be a terrible decision by hasbio as they ultimatly wanted you to buy flufffies rather then just breed them, feral foals eating runts seems a pretty common headcannon especially when times get tough and food is hard to find.

1. …we good seems 100% to me the dumped pet would have the issue raised in no2 he would struggle to adapt with a much intensive work load.

2. Agree i cant really say ive thought about it but that seems right to me.

3. Disagree Little controversial maybe but i dont think transgendered fluffies would be a thing, exeption being breeders who have attempted (maybe succeded although i would imagine the chance would be very low) to change a excellect colored stallion into a mare for that prize breeding money if succesfull i dont think other fluffys would even notice.

4. 100% the idea of “hi fluffy i just met in the wild who looks like death im a domestic mawe who ran away want to be special freinds?” being a thing i dont see it i know fluffie mares maternal instincts are strong but they also say they want “bestest babbehs” so getting a feel of eachother makes sense.

8.Agree so i think mares are naturally fatter due to having to keep babbehs warm, however not to the point were at the later stages they have there legs off the floor and are basically a ball with legs more bigger bellys that are close enough to the floor that if the lie down the stomach rests on the floor providing more comfort but also putting less pressure on the legs.

9 .Semi_Disagree i dont think fluffies are just stuck with programmed words i think they can pick up words from their owners however ive always saw fluffies at being terrible at retaining information (maybe ferals would be better as it helps them on directions and spotting danger idk)

10 Disagree reason being at no9 if they knew how to read they would know what abuse books looked like thy would know what writing is on daycare walls and on hasbios factory floors it seems counter productive.

11 Agree and i think the chance increases more and more depending on the foals condition as well as how many stillborns there was (for example a mares chance of PPD would increase and be more aggressive if it had or was around a Foal with SBS

1. Semi_Agree im not very familier with the effects of GI status (i know it happens with rabbits?) but 5 years seems for a animal that never has to overexert itself and doesnt really have to do anything overly physical as its too stubby and not programmed or is expected to do anything that would be a huge long term danger (for me 10 - 12 years around about pillowfluffs around 7 due to health issues with being so inactive and maybe 15 for say a toughie feral who leads a herd and is super active) (we are ignoring none health related dangers ofc otherwise the average fluffie life would be about 3 weeks :ahahaha: )

This was fun it made me think about parts of the cannon that i never really even thought about i love hearing peoples headcannon i know some people cant stand the idea of Poopy babbehs and some people hate the idea of Alicorns being seen as monster etc etc its just nice to see different viewpoints. :glee:

2 Likes

With #1 they definitely wouldn’t be able to describe it themselves due to limited knowledge and fluffy vets would definitely have to have specialized training and degree

With. #2 I’m more using it to explain why fluffy’s bones break so easily

#6 I’m trans so I just wanted trans fluffies lol

#7 I think would change based on if the fluffy is domestic or not. Ferals need someone who will stay by them and help them while house fluffies aren’t as pressed to find a good partner and are also a lot friendlier

#10 fluffies need a lot of teaching to read and they have more trouble the longer the words get. Simple 4-5 letter words or words with repeating letters are easier for them. They recognize a word they’ve seen over and over but without being told what the word is they’ll never know.

#12 GI stasis, or gastrointestinal stasis, is a change in population of bacteria in the intestines. Usually caused by many things like not eating, stress, food with too many carbohydrates and fats and not enough fiber. You’ll mostly hear about it in rabbits but it happens in guinea pigs, chinchillas and horses. This is one of the head cannons I’m not as firm on

2 Likes

Just wanted to jump in here for a second.

“Transgendered” isn’t a word. “Transgender” is an adjective, not a verb. Using it as a verb is acting as though “trans” is an action. Something done to or by a person. This is obviously offensive.

A lot of people simply aren’t aware of how being intentional with proper terms matters. You wouldn’t say a Black person is blacked (the old school term “colored” should come to mind, here). A trans person isn’t transed.

2 Likes

big fan of fluffies readily absorbing knowledge and interests from their environment. rotating an autistic owner and a fluffy who picks up their special interest as their own in my mind

1 Like

Yo i didnt even think about it like this (is this that CIS privilege kicking in)

Obviously it wasnt my attention to cause offence for that i apoligize. :f_martini:

2 Likes

Well this was fun. :shrug:

My fluffies can read.
( one of them at least, Rambo can )
I generally consider their vocab and reading ability to be rather low on the level of a 4-6 year old.

2 Likes

Lol to be fair “blacked” is a verb in the colloquial sense though the people who get “blacked” are usually petite white women

1 Like

I don’t think anyone would argue that this is anything but racist fetishization, though.

1 Like

I guarantee you that there would be some dumbass who would call it “empowering”

1 Like