My little FLUFFY tales (by: NekuChan)

Great now I have the MLP G1 theme song stuck in my head as my little fluffy my little fluffy.
Thanks for that.

3 Likes

Based Allison Preggler reviews.

2 Likes

This is one of the generations of Mlp everyone tries to forget.

It only lasted one season.

2 Likes

I’ve had the same video recommended to me as well. Guess it’s time to go watch.

1 Like

Oh so that’s what it is.
Youtube been recommending that to me for a while now.

so off course fluffies gravitate towards it cause we are that kind of speshul.

The G1 nostalgia is strong with this one.

1 Like

All my life I enjoyed watching characters being total assholes from a distance, where I would not have any type o affection or emotional bond towards them.
Hell, “Ugly, Dirty and Bad” by Ettore Scola and “The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lovers” by Peter Greenaway are two of my all time favorite movies just because of this one thing: asshole characters being dickheads and unapologetically fucking with the lives of others around them.

The thing that dragged me into The Fluffy Pony Rabbit Hole is the way fluffies are this stupid, rotten, self entitled shitheads that throw themselves into a puddle of shit and agony because they don’t know any better. I’m fascinated by their raw selfishness, prejudice and ignorance.

I don’t really know much about how this whole fluffy thing began, but the info about how much the MLP G4 (?) resembles the conceived fluffy lore gained my interest, so I might take a look at the video linked in the post. Maybe even watch the show, I dunno, seems entertaining enough!

2 Likes

no blood

Man netflix really green lights anything now a days

1 Like

Funny enough, there’s one episode where they get chased by bees. Not for trying to steal honey but it happens xD

For what I understand it’s a failed attempt at a G2 but yeah, I barly remember the G1 show but I bet is 100% better than this one.

From what I understand it’s actually the arse end of G1.
G1 ran from 82 till 92
G2 ran from 97 till 99

Pony tales was released in 92 just as G1 was dying on it’s arse.
( and a different G2, Transformers was revving up)

That’s probably why it could get away with so much.

1 Like

LMAO welp, that explains why it’s such a disaster and it’s not even considered an actual generation.

1 Like

Yeah, by 1992 Hasbro stopped giving a fuck.
all of their big 80’s tenpole franchises MLP, Gi-joe, Transformers were either winding down or being down sized.
Transformers, went on to G2 and then Beast Wars, and never really regained its massive cultural hold of the 1980’s
Not untill 2007 anyway and even then the toy line was still tiny. (arguably 2002 made a huge impact too )

Gi- joe keeled over in 1994 and has since 1999 made a hard push towards the older collectors
( muh stalgia and memberries in other words )

MLP kinda floundered.
G2 was a big fat nothing.
G3 did better from 2003 till 2009 and it at least got a load of straight to dvd movies.
While skewing towards a younger audience.
It kinda stopped floundering in 2010…wonder why.

Welp, unfortunatly it’s happens with a lot of franchises who started as toys. The 80’s was basically this culture that started to see shows as pure marketing to sell toys, the first stories kinda worked because it was their presentation, I don’t remember anything special from MLP G1 or CareBears more than the basic rules of characters and world building. And new generations tend to fail due this unless there’s an actual interesting story around it like happened with G4 and unless they realize it we’ll have a lot of wild stuff in the middle or trying to be forgotten forever.

But hey! At least they kinda saw into the future and gave us a fluffy-like show!

I forgot about Care Bears.
The later reboots are all rather eh.
Care Bears started out as wish cards anyway.

Lets be honest there are only 3 1980’s toy based IP’s that are stil in rude health and doing offensively well
MLP ( obviously)
Transformers.
And TMNT.

Ain’t see much interest on TMNT recently honestly. It also started as comics, but were spined 180° to be family friendly so yeah, the TMNT concept we know is technicly toy-line.

The hype is not the same with Rise tho, including me. I LOVED the animation but the story and characters didn’t click for me, but I guess it’s doing good enough. I suppose it’s just another of those mixed eras. :stuck_out_tongue: hope they do well!

TMNT as we know it was a vehicle for the Playmates toyline.
Being the hipster CPU I am, i’m familair with the comics off course.

For me Rise was a huge huge letdown after the excellent 2012 series.
But I’m sure they are working on anew incarnation.
TMNT is nearly 40 years old doubt they are gonna let it die any time soon.

Far from the first time the silliness in media we know so well from her videos has infected Fluffys.

But that’s more because if there are dumb things to be done, fluffies will do them.

Probably not even the most disturbing thing inspired by this show - one of my friends wrote a human AU thing demonstrating the interplay of racism, sexism, and child-on-child sexual assault (Teddy was canonically a creepy little shit): https://archiveofourown.org/works/27305791/chapters/94470334

yeah, the human creativity it’s scary, I bet there is even worst stuff inspired by it